Football Masterclass

StanleySaint

10 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

FA Cup final just coming to a conclusion, what a side Man City are, yes they've spent hundreds of millions but they've spent it well.

It's hard to enjoy something when you know doping has occurred to skew the competition.

In this case it's financial doping but it's still sporting fraud.

11 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Yes Oaky, I understand and agree with the sentiment, however from today I enjoyed seeing good players playing well but i'd also love a financial level playing field especially in our neck of the woods.

People whining about the difference in money should remember many teams in our lower division could be whining about us.

There are always clubs with more income than others, nothing new although the stakes are increasingly higher.

As you mentioned, quality football played at pace, what's not to love. 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:
5 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Yes Oaky, I understand and agree with the sentiment, however from today I enjoyed seeing good players playing well but i'd also love a financial level playing field especially in our neck of the woods.

People whining about the difference in money should remember many teams in our lower division could be whining about us.

There are always clubs with more income than others, nothing new although the stakes are increasingly higher.

As you mentioned, quality football played at pace, what's not to love. 

What's not to love; is the way they (man City) portray spending as sponsorship, in other words cheat, financial fair play my arse.  Yes no denying the quality but there are players let's just leave then nameless who are arrogant pricks and even worse arrogant cheating pricks and of course this applies to ALL football team, personally I have much more time for the likes of Sean Dyche who with unfashionable Burnley has shown how to produce a team with minimum resources, no. not as enthralling to watch as Man City but more honest and his players are grafters, something that Scots would generally approve of.  I realise that money generally allows you better chances in accessing better players and if the FFP rules are applied correctly that's about the best we can hope for and before people start mentioning 'other' Burnley-esk teams, yes there are more I just picked them as a good example.

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

What's not to love; is the way they (man City) portray spending as sponsorship, in other words cheat, financial fair play my arse.  Yes no denying the quality but there are players let's just leave then nameless who are arrogant pricks and even worse arrogant cheating pricks and of course this applies to ALL football team, personally I have much more time for the likes of Sean Dyche who with unfashionable Burnley has shown how to produce a team with minimum resources, no. not as enthralling to watch as Man City but more honest and his players are grafters, something that Scots would generally approve of.  I realise that money generally allows you better chances in accessing better players and if the FFP rules are applied correctly that's about the best we can hope for and before people start mentioning 'other' Burnley-esk teams, yes there are more I just picked them as a good example.

:snore

Guest TPAFKATS
Liverpool spend half a billion, united spend half a billion, city spend half a billion.

Spurs and arsenal could've spent similar but built new stadiums instead.

Yet only city are the bad guys [emoji848]

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Liverpool spend half a billion, united spend half a billion, city spend half a billion.

Spurs and arsenal could've spent similar but built new stadiums instead.

Yet only city are the bad guys emoji848.png

No I think Chelsea are in trouble as well, but it seems you choose not to understand, re the FFP, your choice.

Guest TPAFKATS
No I think Chelsea are in trouble as well, but it seems you choose not to understand, re the FFP, your choice.
I understand what FFP is meant to be but it is nonsense. It's been brought in to try and keep the monopoly of the big clubs, nothing else.
You seem to choose not to understand this - your choice of language.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I understand what FFP is meant to be but it is nonsense. It's been brought in to try and keep the monopoly of the big clubs, nothing else.
You seem to choose not to understand this - your choice of language.

Nothing to do with Monopoly and since you lack of comprehension re the meaning of the word I have kindly provided it to you

Monopoly........Market situation where one producer (or a group of producers acting in concert) controls supply of a good or service,

So tell me how do four or five six or more monopolise a game that cover the length and width of the UK, 20 teams in Premier and a further 72 in the Championship, league one and league two ............... 92 teams in al all Monopolised by 'a few' . Stuff and nonsense and whilst I do agree it isn't ideal it seems to be coming back to bite some clubs; ie; Chelsea and possibly Man City.

Guest TPAFKATS
Nothing to do with Monopoly and since you lack of comprehension re the meaning of the word I have kindly provided it to you
Monopoly........Market situation where one producer (or a group of producers acting in concert) controls supply of a good or service,
So tell me how do four or five six or more monopolise a game that cover the length and width of the UK, 20 teams in Premier and a further 72 in the Championship, league one and league two ............... 92 teams in al all Monopolised by 'a few' . Stuff and nonsense and whilst I do agree it isn't ideal it seems to be coming back to bite some clubs; ie; Chelsea and possibly Man City.
FFP isn't an English football thing. Uefa are running it and the investigations. It results from bizarre situations where Barcelona complain about finances of PSG and Man City. Have a think about that and tell me its not about keeping the monopoly that the "elite" teams have.
The champions league is built around financial doping and maintaining the financial power of the 2 or 3 big teams from the 4 big leagues.

Fans of other English teams complaining about city is also a bit cheeky as the whole of the English top tier is based on financial doping. It's what makes Bournemouth and Burnley 2 of the top 40 teams in European /world football.

I hope this has been helpful, you'll have noticed I've posted in a pleasant manner without resorting to condescending behaviour. Hopefully you can reciprocate.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

FFP isn't an English football thing. Uefa are running it and the investigations. It results from bizarre situations where Barcelona complain about finances of PSG and Man City. Have a think about that and tell me its not about keeping the monopoly that the "elite" teams have.
The champions league is built around financial doping and maintaining the financial power of the 2 or 3 big teams from the 4 big leagues.

Fans of other English teams complaining about city is also a bit cheeky as the whole of the English top tier is based on financial doping. It's what makes Bournemouth and Burnley 2 of the top 40 teams in European /world football.

I hope this has been helpful, you'll have noticed I've posted in a pleasant manner without resorting to condescending behaviour. Hopefully you can reciprocate.

It makes a refreshing change TBH. 😀

18 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
19 hours ago, jaybee said:

Fair comment and in a reasonable tone, much appreciated!  Shall we just say (without going into too many specifics) because my feelings are we are NOT going to agree and  I have no problem with 'others' disagreeing with me or 'my thoughts, ' that I DO concur with you in that the current scenario is most certainly NOT ideal.  BUT surely having some degree of constraint on spending .........related to income ........... has got to be better than none?   As regarding 'monopoly', well again; I get where you are coming from and I don't like it any more than many other people BUT the SKY money has certainly allowed the English Premier league to become quite elite and shall we just say NOT without quality.  (Perhaps describing them as a cartel may be more appropriate than monopoly)  However I am slightly confused with your inclusion of Bournemouth and Burnley as 2 of the top 40, I don't deny they are in the top 40, but surely no where near belonging to this potential cartel, not with the financial restrictions they and many others have to live by.......... relative to the Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, United etc.  I think perhaps we are not soooo far apart as it might seem, I tend to be pragmatic regarding things I have no control over, but look at FFP as a small step towards reducing the disparity; or at the very least slowing it down.

Guest TPAFKATS
Fair comment and in a reasonable tone, much appreciated!  Shall we just say (without going into too many specifics) because my feelings are we are NOT going to agree and  I have no problem with 'others' disagreeing with me or 'my thoughts, ' that I DO concur with you in that the current scenario is most certainly NOT ideal.  BUT surely having some degree of constraint on spending .........related to income ........... has got to be better than none?   As regarding 'monopoly', well again; I get where you are coming from and I don't like it any more than many other people BUT the SKY money has certainly allowed the English Premier league to become quite elite and shall we just say NOT without quality.  (Perhaps describing them as a cartel may be more appropriate than monopoly)  However I am slightly confused with your inclusion of Bournemouth and Burnley as 2 of the top 40, I don't deny they are in the top 40, but surely no where near belonging to this potential cartel, not with the financial restrictions they and many others have to live by.......... relative to the Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, United etc.  I think perhaps we are not soooo far apart as it might seem, I tend to be pragmatic regarding things I have no control over, but look at FFP as a small step towards reducing the disparity; or at the very least slowing it down.
Cheers.

The Burnley and Bournemouth thing was just as an example of small clubs who have an artificially inflated position due to the financial doping via TV rights of the English Premier.

Again I'm using that as an example of hypocrisy in English football where this is celebrated yet man city are vilified for having money pumped into them despite only spending around the same as the "big clubs".

A lot of city fans are becoming ever more disillusioned with champions league (not purely down to results [emoji6]) nonsense - this is why they struggle to sell out games.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Cheers.

The Burnley and Bournemouth thing was just as an example of small clubs who have an artificially inflated position due to the financial doping via TV rights of the English Premier.

Again I'm using that as an example of hypocrisy in English football where this is celebrated yet man city are vilified for having money pumped into them despite only spending around the same as the "big clubs".

A lot of city fans are becoming ever more disillusioned with champions league (not purely down to results emoji6.png) nonsense - this is why they struggle to sell out games.

Got you re the Burnley Bournemouth comment and isn't next year when SKY come back to Scotland going to create similar scenarios amongst our clubs? One reason why WE want to stay in the league we are currently in.  My feelings re football follow those that used to expressed in Cricket many many moons ago whereby if you wanted to play for Yorkshire (or whatever county) you needed a connection to it, not financial.................dreaming my fantasies I know.  I don't know why but I have this unreasonable dislike for Man City; similar perhaps to Shull and the old firm. mmmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe ha ha.  anyway, I appreciate the banter, especially when it is in good temper. I do apologise if I seemed somewhat sarcky earlier in this discussion, but it's in my nature to bite back if I think someone is being deliberately awkward.................. and of course it is not always the case that they are.  cheers