Stewards today?

The worse I have ever seen one guy grabbing a young boy by the throat. Even the police had to speak to them about there heavy handedness they were just looking for confrontation never seen anything like it.

They were very weird people. Any young st mirren fan who walked to the toilets got ejected from the stadium. As I was leaving one of them said “see yous on Thursday” and gave me a weird smirk :lol: even the police seemed to be like “wtf” 

Must have been bored

I arrived yesterday on an early Edinburgh  train and was enjoying breakfast in a a nice wee cafe in Union Street. I was enjoying the the hospitality of the good people of Dundee when the Glasgow train arrived and as its occupants from Paisley, Not hard to work out from their garb,  Spilled out into the city singing

DUNDEE'S A SH@T HOLE I WANT TO GO HOME.

It wasn't exactly a good advert for the club. By all means sing that in the ground but treating ma, pa  and  the Waynes who are doing their town centre shopping is probably not the smartest move.  I'm all for fans being noisy and colourful but that was a bit much.

Stewards did seem to be ejecting a few today though.

I think there were issues with a few people expecting to take the seats detailed on their tickets only to find members of the singing section already there.  I saw a young lad being ejected early doors from the area above the main steps.

I had the pleasure of being berated by a so called saints fan at half time for having the temerity to look at my phone as I walked to the toilets, making his point wasn't enough and he had to keep yapping at me to the extent that I had to get the cops to intervene.

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think there were issues with a few people expecting to take the seats detailed on their tickets only to find members of the singing section already there.  I saw a young lad being ejected early doors from the area above the main steps.

I had the pleasure of being berated by a so called saints fan at half time for having the temerity to look at my phone as I walked to the toilets, making his point wasn't enough and he had to keep yapping at me to the extent that I had to get the cops to intervene.

That's absolutely bang out of order.  A while back I got pulled up for staring at a guy that I did not notice. What the f**k are you staring at. I just laughed which made him more angry. Can't be doing with nut jobs like that. 

That's absolutely bang out of order.  A while back I got pulled up for staring at a guy that I did not notice. What the f**k are you staring at. I just laughed which made him more angry. Can't be doing with nut jobs like that. 
I told you that cross-eye would land you in trouble Clarence!
[emoji12] [emoji23]

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Found it odd initially the stewards were directing people to their ticketed seats give that usually at most away games, the staff accept that getting 1000+ people to sit in their allocated seat... seemed odd to try it with a sold out stand.

I have no issue with people sitting wherever they want or this next matter but found it even more bizzare - the stewards either didn't notice the 2 rows deep, 3 blocks long groups of Saints fans (of all ages) standing behind the very back row of seats, or they couldn't be bothered shifting them?

1 minute ago, mattman said:

I remember issues last season at tannadice with the same mob. Safetay they are called 😂

clearly bullied in school so having their yellow jacket makes them feel important. 

Why would they have been clearly bullied ? 

They were probably the bullies in school, at home and in life in general. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I arrived yesterday on an early Edinburgh  train and was enjoying breakfast in a a nice wee cafe in Union Street. I was enjoying the the hospitality of the good people of Dundee when the Glasgow train arrived and as its occupants from Paisley, Not hard to work out from their garb,  Spilled out into the city singing
DUNDEE'S A SH@T HOLE I WANT TO GO HOME.
It wasn't exactly a good advert for the club. By all means sing that in the ground but treating ma, pa  and  the Waynes who are doing their town centre shopping is probably not the smartest move.  I'm all for fans being noisy and colourful but that was a bit much.
Stewards did seem to be ejecting a few today though.
Dundee is a shithole but I find that a cringy song, even in a football ground.

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
Dundee is a shithole but I find that a cringy song, even in a football ground.

Post regeneration, Dundee and even Greenock are far less of a shithole than Paisley, much as that pains me to admit.

My sons (Both Ardent Saint's Fans) were born in Dundee. Lovely people in the main. As for the Stewards - I didn't encounter any - unfortunately - as having bought 4 tickets to be able to sit together with my family we weren't able to do so as our fans disregarded the seat information on their tickets. Come on guys - its not that difficult to find your allocated seat. Is it?

I don't see the issue there, Shull. Think the guy is pointing out that a lot of them are scrawny wee rentacops with too much pet up frustration. 

I never saw any issues yesterday but have constantly witnessed arseholery from Tayside stewards for several years. Undoubtedly the very worst of them all. 

Edited by djchapsticks

I don't see the issue there, Shull. Think the guy is pointing out that a lot of them are scrawny wee rentacops with too much pet up frustration. 
I never saw any issues yesterday but have constantly witnessed arseholery from Tayside stewards for several years. Undoubtedly the very worst of them all. 
Not even close to rasellikfootballclubfc stewards / eviction technicians!

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not even close to rasellikfootballclubfc stewards / eviction technicians!

I don't go to either of the cesspits because of the overall treatment in those grounds. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Post regeneration, Dundee and even Greenock are far less of a shithole than Paisley, much as that pains me to admit.
Yeah both are similar in that most regeneration is around the Riverside. I walked through the main shopping street in dundee yesterday in middle of the afternoon, it was actually worse than Paisley.
Hard to believe.

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

My sons (Both Ardent Saint's Fans) were born in Dundee. Lovely people in the main. As for the Stewards - I didn't encounter any - unfortunately - as having bought 4 tickets to be able to sit together with my family we weren't able to do so as our fans disregarded the seat information on their tickets. Come on guys - its not that difficult to find your allocated seat. Is it?

It is when 2 different stewards are giving out different advice. Steward in the block behind the goals was trying to direct people, stewards either sides were telling people from very early on to sit anywhere. So the issue is not fan driven, but stewarding driven.