Interstadia ticketing website

Just bought and paid for my own seat on Interstadia.  In all, it took less than a minute.  I used to have terrible trouble with the site but since I started using the "Buy Tickets" option on the club site I get no problems.  Mind you I am an auld yin so perhaps they make allowances.  :spud5

The club GLS/Fitzy or whoever should have manned the office until the queue was completely cleared today

Simple as that, no excuses

Ticket office open;

Open till 7pm Thursday ?? While everyone is in Dundee or at home/pub watching the game ?

Closed Saturday the day before the 2nd leg when many more people can get down to the ground ?

FFS

En-masse email/phone/use social media to bombard the club with your thoughts on behalf of the hundreds left without as they literally pulled the blinds down on the ticket office window today and left in the f**king street !

Hundreds !

I'm still waiting to receive an email so I can update my password and log on to my account. 3 times yesterday and twice this evening. Usual pish, now looks like I need to go along tomorrow night when I finish work to purchase my ticket. Absolute f**king shambles. Think I'll send the club an invoice for wasting my f**king time

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

En-masse email/phone/use social media to bombard the club with your thoughts on behalf of the hundreds left without as they literally pulled the blinds down on the ticket office window today and left in the f**king street !

Hundreds !

For the staff to stay a couple of extra hours for a once in a blue moon event like this isn't too much to ask.

Edited by LargsBud

The club GLS/Fitzy or whoever should have manned the office until the queue was completely cleared today

Ticket office open;

Open till 7pm Thursday ?? While everyone is in Dundee or at home/pub watching the game ?

Closed Saturday the day before the 2nd leg when many more people can get down to the ground ?

FFS

Hundreds !

Got to feel for those supporters that have taken time off work or from their schedule to stand in that queue, only to be turned away. SHAMBLES.

15 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Got to feel for those supporters that have taken time off work or from their schedule to stand in that queue, only to be turned away. SHAMBLES.

We were talking about the possibility of that happening while we were in the queue but we were joking about it.Didnt think for a minute it  could possibly happen.Did they close dead on 4pm?

Also dont know about this name and address thing.I bought 5 tickets today and no information was required.........unless the 5 are all registered to my ST but it certainly wasn't individual info.

5 hours ago, HSS said:

We were talking about the possibility of that happening while we were in the queue but we were joking about it.Didnt think for a minute it  could possibly happen.Did they close dead on 4pm?

Also dont know about this name and address thing.I bought 5 tickets today and no information was required.........unless the 5 are all registered to my ST but it certainly wasn't individual info.

It's hardly surprising. As I pointed out above the customer service at the ticket office always makes one feel like an inconvenience to the club rather than a valued supporter. We generally go along to these games expecting to see our team gubbed and a generally pish poor standard of football, but the club act like they are selling directors box tickets to Barca v Man City.

It is a cultural issue from top to bottom. Gordon going up and down the line apologising and then the shutters coming down at 4pm with hundreds outside is hardly surprising. Empty, meaningless gestures rather than practical solutions.

They could have pulled a late PR win out of this disaster by getting Gordon & Tony behind the ticket desk from 4pm until every last punter had been served.

There isn't any need for all the drama queens cancelling their season tickets and claiming they don't care what happens to the team now......but it would be good if lessons could be learned and a proper customer service culture was introduced in the boardroom, ticket office, and the horrible commercial department.

Or... now here,s a radical idea
Since its a football stadium with turnstiles....
Why not man a few for cash only purchases. Two for each stand, first come, first pick.
Or even utilise the card machine you can use to pay at the West stand ticket but too!
In fact they could have opened the stadium and used both main stand snack bars to sell from. Doubling the service points. Room to put more people selling, space for cash_card options

Have to defend the ticket office slightly, been told that every ticket sold needs to be processed via computer , as every person buying a ticket needs to have their name and address taken to be passed to the SFA.

If that wasn’t the case, they could have sold tickets much faster, or even had a table out collecting money for tickets. 

The rules and red tape are as much to blame tbh...

23 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Have to defend the ticket office slightly, been told that every ticket sold needs to be processed via computer , as every person buying a ticket needs to have their name and address taken to be passed to the SFA.

If that wasn’t the case, they could have sold tickets much faster, or even had a table out collecting money for tickets. 

The rules and red tape are as much to blame tbh...

But people buying multiple tickets have said they werent asked for each individual's details!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

But people buying multiple tickets have said they werent asked for each individual's details!

Yeah each account can buy more than one, but each transaction requires a full name and address! Seems a bit weird, but that's why they couldn't get the queues down as quickly as they would've liked. Anyway, I got mine sorted and most people I know have managed to get theirs sorted too.... First full sell out at the new ground incoming

Just now, Doakes said:

Yeah each account can buy more than one, but each transaction requires a full name and address! Seems a bit weird, but that's why they couldn't get the queues down as quickly as they would've liked. Anyway, I got mine sorted and most people I know have managed to get theirs sorted too.... First full sell out at the new ground incoming

Selling from more than one point could have halved, or if two other points used, cut to one third the time people waited. Like i said would have been simple to set up in the snack bars, open the doors, bring people into the club and stadium.

on a matchday they sell from main and west stands!

I've just received my confirmation email for the ticket I bought yesterday for the away leg. Slightly worrying that I've not received anything for the home game which I bought on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
12 minutes ago, munoz said:
I've just received my confirmation email for the ticket I bought yesterday for the away leg. Slightly worrying that I've not received anything for the home game which I bought on Sunday. 

Ditto.

Hopefully all just part of the "glitch" 

11 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Ticket office open;

FFS

Hundreds !

I’ve been at pains to mock the excessive greetin on here by people who had to suffer their perceived indignity of having to queue for a ticket or not being able to sit in “their” seat (which of course ceased to be their seat after the Hamilton game), but if that last bit happened (and I’m in no way suggesting it didn’t) then that is f**king bang out of order. 

18 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

That's bollox! 1000+ odd turn up on a Saturday waiving a £20 (ish) note & buy a ticket from the windows!

Different rule for the playoff game, the money is split differently too. Believe at least half goes firstly to the SFA who then allocate it between all clubs involved in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Different rule for the playoff game, the money is split differently too. Believe at least half goes firstly to the SFA who then allocate it between all clubs involved in the playoffs 

A similar split happens in routine SFA / League cup games then!

What about an SFA semi at Hampden? Still cash tickets can be bought incognito / the dosh is then "pulled" amongst clubs involved. SFA don't need to know it was Sadie Smith from Pitenweem that actually bought it!

Guest TPAFKATS
For the staff to stay a couple of extra hours for a once in a blue moon event like this isn't too much to ask.
Dave nicol stated on twitter last night that staff had done a 12 hour shift yesterday, 7-7.