Culture Club..?

17 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I might well be that I am just cantankerous; but I choose NOT to ignore misinformation, bullsh*t, ignorance and sh*tstirring.  If something or someone needs correcting or challenging; then I will do so, although not always successfully I might add; because I do get things wrong from time to time, but will admit it when I stand corrected (something other people might learn from).  I have had some excellent debates with other members on this forum, I have learned things I was unaware of previously, I have read and pondered on various debates I knew insufficient off to offer an opinion, but nevertheless enjoyed the to-ing and fro-ing and intercession of other forum members in the discussion.  Now should one compare that to the likes of Shull, G stretch, Shetland etc who invariably post a short sentence decrying a generally more convoluted post simply to stir it. I do admit they are entitled to post it, but then again I am also so entitled to belittle it as the crap it is.  😎

Basically- Spot on

48 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I might well be that I am just cantankerous; but I choose NOT to ignore misinformation, bullsh*t, ignorance and sh*tstirring.  If something or someone needs correcting or challenging; then I will do so, although not always successfully I might add; because I do get things wrong from time to time, but will admit it when I stand corrected (something other people might learn from).  I have had some excellent debates with other members on this forum, I have learned things I was unaware of previously, I have read and pondered on various debates I knew insufficient off to offer an opinion, but nevertheless enjoyed the to-ing and fro-ing and intercession of other forum members in the discussion.  Now should one compare that to the likes of Shull, G stretch, Shetland etc who invariably post a short sentence decrying a generally more convoluted post simply to stir it. I do admit they are entitled to post it, but then again I am also so entitled to belittle it as the crap it is.  😎

Yes like you with some I either engage or try to show up the folly of their stupidity - but there are some who are just not worth our time IMHO...

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

You know what, I respect yourinalienablee right to behave in the manner of an utter arsehole, prat, pillock, dipstick wanke*, etc. etc, but given that your primary focus is on belittling others who tend to have a more positive outlook ..................  all this does is ratify the fact you are one or all of the above.

U raging hen?

21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah they did and many people, fans included expected it to end well - but it did not - they did not sit about and cry about it though, did they? At the end of the day Gordon put his money in for the right reasons, and to be fairt to him, he is a decent business man, who took advice from those footballing experts which he consulted.

If it was so easy from our position - why did McIntyre not manage to finish better than last - but 12 points behind us?

He has not put any money in  he has just bought shares ,Smisa put money in all the time!

On 5/22/2019 at 7:54 AM, Lord Pityme said:

When it looks like the direction, strategy, tactical and operational organisation is as 'out there' as Boy George's former wardrobe choices, why, as fans, three years on from the takeover are we none the wiser on what 'Culture' if any, the club, is trying to forge?

children and families turned out of their seats....

Lies and misinformation spread about W7 fans

Alleged collusion with the police in identifying fans who, had done nothing wrong

Putting forward pathetic requests for Smisa money, just to make sure it only goes to paying bills.

and the current debacle over selling tickets for a football match, yes the very thing thats meant to be business as usual has crippled the club.

the most worrying and outrageous link between all these issues is the club's apparent arrogance towards the support when challenged on any of this, and the blame culture within the club pointing to employees, or outside bodies as the root cause of them not being able to deliver, communicate or manage effectively relatively straightforward actions, tasks and feedback.

we as a support were supposed to be represented by smisa as a 30% shareholding in the club (you do know that actually means smisa members share some of the responsibility for all this, right?) we are as responsible for allowing this lack of direction to pervade!

After three years it appears those at the club are incapable of consulting, involving, setting out and following a stategy all can buy into. We are floundering, whilst the blame is tossed around to the weakest link.

who is going to get a grip? Smisa have checked out of their main responsibility, and see their role as facilitating chucking their members money down a money pit.

Given we have reached the point where the functions of the club have collapsed to such an extent that they dont know if they have sold, or still have a ticket to sell, have over allocated, or double charged, whilst the directors go into hiding....

who is going to step up and actually take the club forward? There doesnt seem to be to many capable individuals stepping up!

Actually I think you are correct.

A number of factors tells me that Gordon is definitely not the man to run our club but why talk about it this week of all weeks?

A number of factors tells me that Gordon is definitely not the man to run our club but why talk about it this week of all weeks?
TBF, he normally talked about it every week [emoji102]

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thats kinda the line that gets trotted out every week in the season. That said In light of the ticketing fiasco where the club couldnt even perform its primary function without chaos, its as good a week as any.

next week it will be all sweetness & light as the board take their customary lap of honour, or... everyone and his wife will suddenly realise there is no credible plan, and will be screaming all sorts. But mainly blaming Stubbs!

So, on the eve of the most important games of the season, LPM decides to spout more pish.

What I have seen since the fans took over is the club on a rollercoaster, lots of lows and highs, but currently we do have a connection between fans and the club, partly down to our recent good form, partly due to the work of W7, partly because the fans have taken to OK and he is now getting results to back up our faith, and partly because of the work of the SLO's in making the club family friendly, with entertainment before games for kids and family buses going to away games.

Of course, it might not work out for us this week, we could have bad luck, United could play better than us, but I would hope even in that scenario, the positivity recently will be retained to give us the best possible chance of bouncing back.

Of course, fannies like LPM will still be around, being a vampire and sucking the good out of everything. That will happen regardless of what plays out. We should actually pity him, as it is a medical condition and, unfortunately there is no cure. It's called FFS, or fickle fanny syndrome.

That's why most people put FFS when quoting one of his posts.

The usual recycled nonsense from you, with a pleasured hint that you have something new to moan about regarding the ticket issue. Is this going to be another call to action that falls on deaf ears? Likely 

- record season ticket sales 

- record crowds

- galvanised squad 

- manager displaying great potential to build us for the future 

- continued promise from the youth academy

- majority fan ownership getting closer all the time with little to no sign it will be stopped 

- two games from SP survival 

Who’d have thought it would be LPM crying during the week of our biggest game since the 2013 cup final? Oh yeah, everyone

8E876162-5D0E-46B6-B8AA-0290F527BC2D.jpeg

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

He has not put any money in  he has just bought shares ,Smisa put money in all the time!

You are either pulling my leg or very stupid. He put his money into shares - £600,000 that gives him majority rights, and until all the Smisa money is in he gets to direct the BOD's. If he had not who would have done so? Would we have a new stadium and have won the League last season etc. etc.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think he is, but you are correct why this week of all weeks.  Shall we schedule in an adult conversation via the forum for say....July?

Perhaps a far more interesting thread meantime would be entitled "why this week of all weeks" an examination of Lord Look at Me's eternal need for attention.

Edited by TediousTom

On 5/22/2019 at 7:54 AM, Lord Pityme said:

When it looks like the direction, strategy, tactical and operational organisation is as 'out there' as Boy George's former wardrobe choices, why, as fans, three years on from the takeover are we none the wiser on what 'Culture' if any, the club, is trying to forge?

children and families turned out of their seats....

Lies and misinformation spread about W7 fans

Alleged collusion with the police in identifying fans who, had done nothing wrong

Putting forward pathetic requests for Smisa money, just to make sure it only goes to paying bills.

and the current debacle over selling tickets for a football match, yes the very thing thats meant to be business as usual has crippled the club.

the most worrying and outrageous link between all these issues is the club's apparent arrogance towards the support when challenged on any of this, and the blame culture within the club pointing to employees, or outside bodies as the root cause of them not being able to deliver, communicate or manage effectively relatively straightforward actions, tasks and feedback.

we as a support were supposed to be represented by smisa as a 30% shareholding in the club (you do know that actually means smisa members share some of the responsibility for all this, right?) we are as responsible for allowing this lack of direction to pervade!

After three years it appears those at the club are incapable of consulting, involving, setting out and following a stategy all can buy into. We are floundering, whilst the blame is tossed around to the weakest link.

who is going to get a grip? Smisa have checked out of their main responsibility, and see their role as facilitating chucking their members money down a money pit.

Given we have reached the point where the functions of the club have collapsed to such an extent that they dont know if they have sold, or still have a ticket to sell, have over allocated, or double charged, whilst the directors go into hiding....

who is going to step up and actually take the club forward? There doesnt seem to be to many capable individuals stepping up!

To answer your question as to why talk this week?  because he is LPM and that's what he does, Sad to see someone else has joined the dark side.  If I may enquire just a few questions as to the "our club" comment?

Pompous or what?

Whose club would that be? Is it yours?

Who is the legal owner?  You?

Who is the largest shareholder?  Are you?

Who takes responsibility to actually get things done?  Would that be you?

Who came up with the money to buy the club lastly?  was THAT you?

No! I thought not, just another gobshi*e spouting off about how LPM shouldn't be mentioning it this week and yet nevertheless supports him and has the temerity to tell the man who has actually put his money, his mouth and his time into St MIrren football club or should that be oaksofts football club?

38 minutes ago, jaybee said:

To answer your question as to why talk this week?  because he is LPM and that's what he does, Sad to see someone else has joined the dark side.  If I may enquire just a few questions as to the "our club" comment?

Pompous or what?

Whose club would that be? Is it yours?

Who is the legal owner?  You?

Who is the largest shareholder?  Are you?

Who takes responsibility to actually get things done?  Would that be you?

Who came up with the money to buy the club lastly?  was THAT you?

No! I thought not, just another gobshi*e spouting off about how LPM shouldn't be mentioning it this week and yet nevertheless supports him and has the temerity to tell the man who has actually put his money, his mouth and his time into St MIrren football club or should that be oaksofts football club?

There's no chance I am going to have a conversation with anyone who posts like this.

Period.

Away and calm down. 😁

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats kinda the line that gets trotted out every week in the season. That said In light of the ticketing fiasco where the club couldnt even perform its primary function without chaos, its as good a week as any.

next week it will be all sweetness & light as the board take their customary lap of honour, or... everyone and his wife will suddenly realise there is no credible plan, and will be screaming all sorts. But mainly blaming Stubbs!

Even when you have someone agreeing with you, you can't help being a twat can you? 😃

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are either pulling my leg or very stupid. He put his money into shares - £600,000 that gives him majority rights, and until all the Smisa money is in he gets to direct the BOD's. If he had not who would have done so? Would we have a new stadium and have won the League last season etc. etc.

The new stadium was the old board and Smisa is the only investor in the club

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

The new stadium was the old board and Smisa is the only investor in the club

Investment isn't necessarily a good thing. You can attract all sorts of undesirable types to the club, look at Morton and the Easdales.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There's no chance I am going to have a conversation with anyone who posts like this.

Period.

Sorry sincere apologies wasn't aware there were oaksoft posting rules

the truth hurts somewhat does it?

Edited by jaybee

9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry sincere apologies wasn't aware there were oaksoft posting rules

If you talk to me the way you'd talk to another decent human being face to face I'd probably be happy to engage but right now you appear to think you a teenager, hanging around street corners chucking moronic insults at passers-by.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If you talk to me the way you'd talk to another decent human being face to face I'd probably be happy to engage but right now you appear to think you a teenager, hanging around street corners chucking moronic insults at passers-by.

Errr. That  sums up your interactions to a tee.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Call me cynical, but he was protecting his investment. Without taking on the 52% his shares were only worth what the owner of the 52 decided really. He was frozen out by the original consortium and potentially stood to make f**k all if whoever bought the 52 didn't want to get to the 75 needed for special resolutions. Shrewd and clever, but certainly not philanthropic IMO