Dundee United Seem Very Confident

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/897791/talking-football-dundee-united-have-a-much-bigger-goal-threat-than-st-mirren/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seeing quite a lot of comments and articles like this.

They seem to think their fans who deserted them when they got relegated coming back seems to mean they have the playoff in the bag.

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/897791/talking-football-dundee-united-have-a-much-bigger-goal-threat-than-st-mirren/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They seem to think their fans who deserted them when they got relegated coming back seems to mean they have the playoff in the bag.

All the talk in the world before the games makes little difference. Imagine their optimism if the get Reynolds sent off after 10 minutes and we score from the penalty or free kick?

In front of their home fans we want them to feel rotten - so if their goalie palms the 2nd in, I will have no problems with that...

BUT how will we start and play? Needs to be far better than against their rivals last week end..

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

They do have a bigger goal threat they have also spent a lot of money on the team. Thing is they never looked like running away with the  champonship league from live games I watched. Good for them if they think this will be a stroll on the park. They are in for a shock :D

Hope that you are right Bud !

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Talk is cheap.

What happens on the pitch is all that matters.

Didn't they get scudded 5-0 at home by Ayr United earlier this season ?

Didn't they beat a premier team in the cup? :lol:

In case this isn't clear, quoting one result is..............................well, I'll leave it at that. :byebye

The Arabs I’ve spoken to through here are very confident. They’ve definitely got themselves as favourites and giving it all the chat about being too big a club for the championship. Let them think that. My son’s bricking it though because he’ll be in for dogs abuse at school if they relegate us. What have I inflicted on him? The same thing his grandad inflicted on me and his great grandad inflicted on his grandad I suppose. Will be sweet on several levels if we come out victorious on Sunday. COYS!!!!

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

The bookies, at this stage, are also confident. 

Wouldn't we be confident if we were in their position? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The bookies, at this stage, are also confident. 

Wouldn't we be confident if we were in their position? 

We are in their position.

They go into the play off final on the back of a win which some think they were fortunate to get and on a reasonable run of results.

.We go into the game on the back of a win and on a reasonable run of results. Ours mostly against Premier league clubs.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We are in their position.

They go into the play off final on the back of a win which some think they were fortunate to get and on a reasonable run of results.

.We go into the game on the back of a win and on a reasonable run of results. Ours mostly against Premier league clubs.

So, we're not in their position after all?

Ours MOSTLY against Premier league clubs, who else did we play? :blink:

My point, yawn, is they are a team that were 2nd top of their league, if that was us we would, and should be confident.

Some seem to see that as unreasonable. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My point, yawn, is they are a team that were 2nd top of their league, if that was us we would, and should be confident.

Technically Dundee were already relegated so I didn't count them. 

Even though they were 2nd in their league it was a league below us. They played championship teams to get to that position. We were 11th in Scotland., They were 13th.

ETA. Sorry

14th

Edited by stlucifer

Not gonna lie probably prefer the great unwashed down the road to that lot, the past few seasons being down there with them when they thought they where billy big baws but yet made a rip roaring hunt of it season after season! 

Hope we give them a doing!

inty um!!

ffs faraway’s back........Get back to the sin bin [emoji6][emoji23]

No fear about this game

this is ours to lose and we definitely won’t 

this is a game they have to come out and win

we will beat them over two legs 

my belief and love for the Saints has been rekindled since the Split

we are a team who have discovered fight - form - and winning mentality at the right time!

i hope all those travelling to Tayside sing their hearts out and we do them 2-0 in the first leg in front of their 10000 fans!

Come on the Buddies - lets do this 

All the talk in the world before the games makes little difference. Imagine their optimism if the get Reynolds sent off after 10 minutes and we score from the penalty or free kick?
In front of their home fans we want them to feel rotten - so if their goalie palms the 2nd in, I will have no problems with that...
BUT how will we start and play? Needs to be far better than against their rivals last week end..
My biggest concern for tomorrow is us getting on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision and getting someone sent off. Early.

36 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

My biggest concern for tomorrow is us getting on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision and getting someone sent off. Early.

Well hopefully that won't happen - but there are all kinds of scenarios that could go for or against us... don't worry - it won't help in any way...

The very biggest issue is the results and who is in the Premiership next season... we can only play our part by vocally screaming encouragement from the sides . . .

It would be a bigger set back for us if we don't win - they will be stronger and possible win the Championship next season . . .

So we need to stay up . . .

4 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

The Arabs I’ve spoken to through here are very confident. They’ve definitely got themselves as favourites and giving it all the chat about being too big a club for the championship. Let them think that. My son’s bricking it though because he’ll be in for dogs abuse at school if they relegate us. What have I inflicted on him? The same thing his grandad inflicted on me and his great grandad inflicted on his grandad I suppose. Will be sweet on several levels if we come out victorious on Sunday. COYS!!!!

Not been on the forum for about 6 months or more but good to see you are still posting Donald.

Maybe see you at tannadice tomorrow night as driving through with Graeme Macpherson and a couple of mates. In the upper tier shouting abuse down at Div and his minions in the lower tier.

Get Ally along to watch a proper footbal team.

COYS!