Dundee United Seem Very Confident

Not been on the forum for about 6 months or more but good to see you are still posting Donald.
Maybe see you at tannadice tomorrow night as driving through with Graeme Macpherson and a couple of mates. In the upper tier shouting abuse down at Div and his minions in the lower tier.
Get Ally along to watch a proper footbal team.
COYS!

Good to hear from you Davie. Couldn’t get a ticket for me and the wee lad for tomorrow, but thankfully sorted for Sunday. Playing footie tomorrow night, so hopefully come off the pitch to hear we’ve done the business. Shout on the boys from me and fingers crossed for a good result. Tell Mickey I said hello.

47 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Not been on the forum for about 6 months or more but good to see you are still posting Donald.

Maybe see you at tannadice tomorrow night as driving through with Graeme Macpherson and a couple of mates. In the upper tier shouting abuse down at Div and his minions in the lower tier.

Get Ally along to watch a proper footbal team.

COYS!

Dundee United have amassed a grand total of 4 points more this season and their goal difference is one goal worse off compared with last season. I think we now have a squad which is finally stronger than Jack Ross' team last season. Paul McMullan is one of their biggest goal threats - discarded by Alex Rae as not being good enough for us during his first season with us in the Championship.

We've been on a solid run of form - narrow defeats to Killie, St Johnstone and Celtic being our only defeats in our last 13 matches where we have gone to Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Fir Park, McDiarmind Park, New Douglas Park and taken points and beaten Livingston (twice), Dundee (twice), Hamilton. Over a similar time frame Dundee United have lost to Morton,  Partick Thistle, Queen of the South, Inverness Caley, drawn with Ross County and also relegated Falkirk. If teams in the lower half of the Championship can beat and draw with them I don't think we should be overly worried about facing them.

Going to fasinating to see what team we go with tonight

With Hodson and PMcGinn we have guys that are getting forward, with Flynn , the 2 Kyles we have great attacking options, With Poppy Baird and possibly Gary M we have looked far more solid................ We have Cooke on a high, we have Mullen and Jackson with contracts to chase. Lets not forget a great goalie

3-1 Saints ................................  

15 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Dundee United have amassed a grand total of 4 points more this season and their goal difference is one goal worse off compared with last season. I think we now have a squad which is finally stronger than Jack Ross' team last season. Paul McMullan is one of their biggest goal threats - discarded by Alex Rae as not being good enough for us during his first season with us in the Championship.

We've been on a solid run of form - narrow defeats to Killie, St Johnstone and Celtic being our only defeats in our last 13 matches where we have gone to Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Fir Park, McDiarmind Park, New Douglas Park and taken points and beaten Livingston (twice), Dundee (twice), Hamilton. Over a similar time frame Dundee United have lost to Morton,  Partick Thistle, Queen of the South, Inverness Caley, drawn with Ross County and also relegated Falkirk. If teams in the lower half of the Championship can beat and draw with them I don't think we should be overly worried about facing them.

Brilliant post.....reading it helped me to calm down for the 1 min 47 secs I spent reading your post and drinking in its wisdom.

We SHOULDN'T be too worried but we should be worried enough that we give this everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything

If/when we go two up I think I will pish my pants

Guest TPAFKATS

I thought the pre kick off fireworks and flames shooting into the air as united came out for each half were an OTT way to celebrate finishing second in the championship and making a play off final.

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I thought the pre kick off fireworks and flames shooting into the air as united came out for each half were an OTT way to celebrate finishing second in the championship and making a play off final.

More suited for a team that was 11th in the league and who's support are overjoyed at making the playoffs. 😉

45 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

For some reason I sensed the BT Sports team had bummed up United as though they just had to show up and that was them up.

BT and the BBC are desperate for them to be back in the Premiership... the absolute drivel the pundits were pedaling last night is scandalous. 

They can't handle the fact that football is not the way it was back in their day. I hope we shut them up. I really do.

42 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

BT and the BBC are desperate for them to be back in the Premiership... the absolute drivel the pundits were pedaling last night is scandalous. 

They can't handle the fact that football is not the way it was back in their day. I hope we shut them up. I really do.

Here's hoping they DON'T get their way...

Really hope we handle them very well and put them to the sword with a football lesson on Sunday . . . Do us proud OK and the players... 🆗

Guest TPAFKATS
More suited for a team that was 11th in the league and who's support are overjoyed at making the playoffs. [emoji6]
We're not doing that though... are we [emoji33]

With Hodson and PMcGinn we have guys that are getting forward, with Flynn , the 2 Kyles we have great attacking options, With Poppy Baird and possibly Gary M we have looked far more solid................ We have Cooke on a high, we have Mullen and Jackson with contracts to chase. Lets not forget a great goalie
Is Danny not contracted to us for next season?

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, DougJamie said:

Is Danny not contracted to us for next season?

Signed a 2 and a half year deal in January 2018.

You are correct.:happyclapper

On 5/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Didn't work out that great last night did it, despite your facts with added comments. 

Now we're at home and favourites the balance, and it's slight despite your view, is in our favour.

58 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

With Cammy Smith in the squad, is it any wonder Dundee Utd reckon they’ll win?

After all, the zoomers on this forum reckoned he was our best player! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You're funny. 

2yofSgv.gif

On 5/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, faraway saint said:

Didn't work out that great last night did it, despite your facts with added comments. 

Now we're at home and favourites the balance, and it's slight despite your view, is in our favour.

I didn't predict a heavy or easy victory for us. I said we shouldn't be going to Tannadice overly concerned about facing a transformed Dundee United team. They are marginally better this season than they were last season, and last season we had a slight edge in the head to head results over the season. I think that since February when DUFC knocked us out the cup we have gone from being a weaker squad than last season to one that is slightly better defensively and marginally weaker in attack (due to Lewis Morgan moving on and Kyle McAllister having ongoing fitness issues and patchier form).

Prior to the first leg I was fairly confident we'd shade the tie over the two legs. After the first leg the main concern I have is about the fitness of players carrying knocks - eg Ryan Flynn. Once we lost Tansey and Dreyer for the rest of the season and then Jackson and Lyons we've gone from having quite a strong bench (often with McAllister, Nazon, Mullen, Cooke as potential game changing options) to a starting XI with players carrying knocks and a bench mostly comprising of academy players (not that I have any worries about MacPherson or Erhahon). If the tie goes to extra time and penalties I suspect United might have fresher legs and better attacking options if things are still tightly balanced.

I think Oran Kearney is going to be a cooler head than Robbie Neilson and Neilson is showing signs of being under pressure to win the tie by some of his comments in interviews.