Stubbs putting the boot in

'Gary McKenzie been absolutely outstanding for St Mirren - best player on the park' said Tam McManus after the game.

And Stubbs thought that Kpekawa, Jones and Heaton were better!  Stubbs could not pick his nose never mind pick out a professional footballer.

You mean, Stubbs should have played Mackenzie despite the fact he was injured?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Clueless doesn’t even cover it for the roasters on this forum!

:1eye

No.
They're sad old farts with nothing better to do than try and get bites on a football forum.
I hope it makes them feel good that they trot out the same nonsense the BBC and papers do - that's the level of intellect they're operating at.

Whereas the Stubbs lynch mob zoomers just hurl abuse

Cos they can’t argue their point!

Clueless! [emoji1]

Wrong. The European lads were all "found" by a company the club used. Gus had nothing to do with finding any of them.

No shit Sherlock!

And who found the company? default_1eye.gif

It wasn’t OK who found the one player he signed that’s actually in his outfield XI.

So thanks for making my point for me! [emoji23]

Clueless!

On 5/23/2019 at 11:50 PM, faraway saint said:

How far back? 

Selective games?

Isn't the season over a season? 

I have acknowledged we have had some good results, without focusing on our, IMO, fortune in a couple of last gasp goals.

Performance wise, which is secondary in our position, we have been poor.

Tonight, against a team from a lower league, we were, at best, equal, despite many half-wits predicting we would walk it.

Stubbs has been discussed to death, except for some who choose to revert back for fecking ever and ever.

Kearney is the manager, has been for 34 league games and he, along with the players, are responsible for our current situation. 

I was in a minority of fans who didn't think it was the end of the world when we lost at home to Hibs (1-3) and Motherwell (1-2) and felt that those defeats signalled we had improved and begun looking like a competitive premiership team even although those (and the defeat at McDiarmid Park) were almost must-win games. My own feeling is that Kearney and Gus recruited well in the January window - not every signing will be a success but a decent percentage have worked out very well.  I also took the view that although it would have been ideal if all the new signings had hit the ground running it was more realistic to expect it to take a month for players to get match fit and gel.

We also lost a few games late on as well in the last few months: 

6th February: Motherwell win 1-2 at Greenhill Road with their second goal coming in 77th minute - 3 minutes after our equaliser.

16th February: 2-2 draw at Pittodrie with Aberdeen's equaliser coming in 77th minute.

11th March - Killie win 0-1 at Greenhill Road with an 87th minute winner

3rd April - Celtic seal a victory at Greenhill Road when Christie scores their second on 85 minutes.

There could well be a case against Kearney that he under-achieved with the squad he inherited and prior to signing his own team - or it may well be that Stubbs' recruitment was so poor that Kearney's strategy of hanging in there until January was as good as we could hope for.  In the bottom 6 it is to be expected that one reason why teams are at the wrong end of the league is they will no doubt go on runs without any wins and with many defeats. This year aside from  St Mirren struggling before February under Kearney (after struggling under Stubbs), we've seen Dundee go on some terrible runs, Hamilton likewise, and Motherwell and St Johnstone almost fell into the relegation grouping earlier in the season, Hibs were on a terrible run towards the end of Lennon's tenure, Hearts have been on two bad runs after a great start to the season. i think it is unrealistic given the situation Kearney inherited to imagine St Mirren shouldn't have had a bad run under Kearney when Lennon & Hibs, Levein & Hearts, Wright & St Johnstone, Robinson & Motherwell have had bleak months this season.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I was in a minority of fans who didn't think it was the end of the world when we lost at home to Hibs (1-3) and Motherwell (1-2) and felt that those defeats signalled we had improved and begun looking like a competitive premiership team even although those (and the defeat at McDiarmid Park) were almost must-win games. My own feeling is that Kearney and Gus recruited well in the January window - not every signing will be a success but a decent percentage have worked out very well.  I also took the view that although it would have been ideal if all the new signings had hit the ground running it was more realistic to expect it to take a month for players to get match fit and gel.

6th February: Motherwell win 1-2 at Greenhill Road with their second goal coming in 77th minute - 3 minutes after our equaliser.

16th February: 2-2 draw at Pittodrie with Aberdeen's equaliser coming in 77th minute.

3rd April - Celtic seal a victory at Greenhill Road when Christie scores their second on 85 minutes.

There could well be a case against Kearney that he under-achieved with the squad he inherited and prior to signing his own team - or it may well be that Stubbs' recruitment was so poor that Kearney's strategy of hanging in there until January was as good as we could hope for.  In the bottom 6 it is to be expected that one reason why teams are at the wrong end of the league is they will no doubt go on runs without any wins and with many defeats. This year aside from  St Mirren struggling before February under Kearney (after struggling under Stubbs), we've seen Dundee go on some terrible runs, Hamilton likewise, and Motherwell and St Johnstone almost fell into the relegation grouping earlier in the season, Hibs were on a terrible run towards the end of Lennon's tenure, Hearts have been on two bad runs after a great start to the season. i think it is unrealistic given the situation Kearney inherited to imagine St Mirren shouldn't have had a bad run under Kearney when Lennon & Hibs, Levein & Hearts, Wright & St Johnstone, Robinson & Motherwell have had bleak months this season.

Good post - the attention seeker is not getting bites - but at least some common sense from you.

Reality is there are always games you could or should win but don't or games you should not have picked up points in but do. The best teams get more in all circumstances...

The time to assess Oran and Gus in his role is once they have had a number of transfer windows. They has effectively had one so far and it was a big step forward. (Though Oran did bring in 4 or 5 after the summer window closed last year too and did well)

Truth is we need a further step improvement for next season, so we need to stay up this year...

Edited by Sweeper07

34 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You mean, Stubbs should have played Mackenzie despite the fact he was injured?

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Clueless doesn’t even cover it for the roasters on this forum!

:1eye

So someone challenges the nonsense you post and you resort to abuse because you do not have any arguments other than your imagination? The only clueless roaster around here is in your mirror.

Stubbs told MacKenzie in La Manga to find another Club as Stubbs would not be playing him. This was before Gary was injured and Stubbs had already signed Heaton as a replacement. But don't let reality interfere with your fantasy.

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Firstly I don't call 77 minutes as particularly late, certainly not as late as a couple of our last gasp equalised, nice try.

The Celtic game, you're trying to make a point that they scored late when we were already losing the game? :lol:

While the teams you mention had "bad runs" it's equally fair to say they had runs we didn't come close to matching, especially when the heat was on pre-split.

Comparing our form to Hearts, Hibs, St Johnstone & Motherwell is frankly embarrassing. 

The fact is we were 11th in a league where the bottom team were as bad as I can remember.

We bombed out of the Scottish Cup after scraping a win at home to a hapless Forfar.

We matched a Dundee United team on Thursday who were clueless all over the park, despite some of our usual zoomers writing them off before Thursday..

Our season comes down to one game which I have acknowledged we are slight favourites.  

I hope for the sake of the club we get through tomorrow. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:48 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Stubbs was treated shamefully.

Sacked after just 4 games and here we are, in exactly the same position with more or less the same side.

Only a complete roaster can defend that.

Stubbs appeared to take the job without being aware what the budget he would be working with was - a fault on his part as well as our recruitment process if true - I'm taking his comments about having a wage of £700 a week to play with (which seems low to me) at face value. He also said he spoke with Jack Ross after taking the job - again you would think if he was doing due diligence on the club he would have made that call before going into his interview. Its almost as if he was expecting that since we were in the premiership he'd have a bigger budget to work with than he had at Hibs in the Championship. The impression I get is he has been pretty lazy and didn't do enough preparation before taking on the job and cut corners in recruiting players and in preparing his squad in pre-season as well.

In Stubbs 11 or 12 games in charge you can say things looked fine in the league game against Dundee (even though in hindsight you could say we were fortunate to win the game), Kilmarnock in the League Cup, and Dumbarton in the League Cup. It wasn't the end of the world that Sunderland gubbed us in a pre-season friendly, and we could have easily seen past dire performances early in the season against Spartans, Queen's Park if there was a feeling that he had recruited well, and was working well behind the scenes with backroom staff, players and the board to get the club going in the right direction. However, there were plenty of stories coming out that he spent little time (compared to Jack Ross) speaking with / showing an interest in youth academy players, was complaining about his budget and the board backing him in the transfer market when he was allowed to sign 11 players and bid twice to sign 38 year old Kenny Miller on a 2 year deal, and had lost the dressing room almost immediately. Once the league season began it was clear we were in trouble, with all games (other than Dundee) over before half time, even the relegation 6 pointer against a Livi team at Greenhill Road who started the game below us and we didn't muster 1 shot on target at home. Every post-match began to sound the same, we weren't giving ourselves a chance by giving away schoolboy individual errors every week and Stubbs blaming the players for mistakes.

Stubbs has said only 3 players out of the 16 he inherited were possibly up to premiership standard: Magennis, the two McGinns, MacKenzie, Flynn, Mullen, Baird have all played well and looked fine as bottom 6 players once they have been joined by Hladky, Popescu, Muzek, Lyons, McAllister, Dreyer instead of Rodgers, Coulson, Kpekawa, Heaton, Willock, King, Brock-Madsen. After 4 league games and 1 cup game since the league began we didn't score in games against Rangers, Aberdeen, Livingston and conceded 13 goals and scoring 3 times (2 against Dundee and 1 own goal against Hearts). Stubbs is living in dream land to think that because we were still 10th when he was fired that we would have been safe if he'd remained in charge for the rest of the season - Celtic, Hamilton and Hibs would have gubbed us in our next 2 league games if he'd remained in charge... Cole Kpekawa would still be first choice centre half!

One thing that I do find quite unlikeable about the otherwise likeable Alan Stubbs is his habit of blaming everyone else but himself - naming Tony Fitzpatrick and Gordon Scott a few times (despite repeating the same top 6 predictions himself!), and blaming Jack Ross a few times for giving out contracts to players Stubbs didn't fancy and now to say his conversation with Jack Ross is "private" but to bring up that conversation in an interview and suggest that Jack Ross was warning him about problems behind the scenes seems disingenuous - are we to believe that after handing out new contracts to guys like Baird, MacKenzie, Eckersley, McGinn and clearing out a lot of the squad after winning the championship that Jack thought there were problems with players he kept re-signing or that he had a troubled relationship with a board that let him overspend and sign about 30 players in under 2 seasons? Stubbs also seems the obvious source for Chris Sutton calling players and coaches at the club "poisonous snakes"... but remember, in Alan's own words, he could be bitter about St Mirren, but "isn't bitter"!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The hopeless Ryan Edwards has just scored in the Scottish Cup final. 

No doubt that will also be an Oran Kearney error. :lol:

I still wouldn't pick Ryan Edwards in our starting XI ahead of our current midfield options of McGinn, Magennis, Lyons, McAllister,  Flynn, Dreyer or MacPherson or Erhahon.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I still wouldn't pick Ryan Edwards in our starting XI ahead of our current midfield options of McGinn, Magennis, Lyons, McAllister,  Flynn, Dreyer or MacPherson or Erhahon.

Mate, I wouldn't pick Ryan Edwards to cut my grass. He's tripe. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Firstly I don't call 77 minutes as particularly late, certainly not as late as a couple of our last gasp equalised, nice try.

The Celtic game, you're trying to make a point that they scored late when we were already losing the game? :lol:

While the teams you mention had "bad runs" it's equally fair to say they had runs we didn't come close to matching, especially when the heat was on pre-split.

Comparing our form to Hearts, Hibs, St Johnstone & Motherwell is frankly embarrassing. 

The fact is we were 11th in a league where the bottom team were as bad as I can remember.

We bombed out of the Scottish Cup after scraping a win at home to a hapless Forfar.

We matched a Dundee United team on Thursday who were clueless all over the park, despite some of our usual zoomers writing them off before Thursday..

Our season comes down to one game which I have acknowledged we are slight favourites.  

When did we play Forfar in the Scottish Cup this season? I'm at ease with how the two of us have called our managerial appointments this season - I called for Stubbs to go, you called for Kearney to be sacked.

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

When did we play Forfar in the Scottish Cup this season? I'm at ease with how the two of us have called our managerial appointments this season - I called for Stubbs to go, you called for Kearney to be sacked.

Apologies, Alloa, but you knew that, right?

Well, Stubbs is long gone.

If we stay up, Kearney deserves credit.

If we go down, he deserves to be shown the door.

A lot riding on one game.  

Edited by faraway saint

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm sure HE knew it was Alloa. You were the one who f**ked up trying to be a smart arse. 🤣

You see FS, this is what happens when you don't go to matches - you make basic mistakes. 🤣

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're becoming as tedious as PRicky, you know that, right? :snore

Tedious ????

Pot, kettle, pot, kettle, pot, kettle, pot, kettle...……………...

At least St Ricky doesn't adopt the role of school bully or excel as the king of the stalkers on here.

Ach, go ahead, stalk me again you dullard.

Cue : insulting remark …………..

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Well, Stubbs is long gone.

If we stay up, Kearney deserves credit.

If we go down, he deserves to be shown the door.

A lot riding on one game.  

Really like the way Oran has us playing. Good passing, everyone comfortable on the ball. Flexible formations depending on who we play. Just lack a top goalscorer. Personally  I am very happy with Oran and I think he is a credit to the Club. All in all a perfect fit.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tedious ????

Pot, kettle, pot, kettle, pot, kettle, pot, kettle...……………...

At least St Ricky doesn't adopt the role of school bully or excel as the king of the stalkers on here.

Ach, go ahead, stalk me again you dullard.

Cue : insulting remark …………..

Still hurting after your hilarious post about United getting beat by Ayr? :lol:

Just now, magnus said:

Really like the way Oran has us playing. Good passing, everyone comfortable on the ball. Flexible formations depending on who we play. Just lack a top goalscorer. Personally  I am very happy with Oran and I think he is a credit to the Club. All in all a perfect fit.

That's entirely your prerogative, as is mine to feel a playoff place isn't a sign we have a good manager.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Still hurting after your hilarious post about United getting beat by Ayr? :lol:

Still trying to bully me with sarcasm, Thicko ?

Which part of my post about United losing 0-5 to Ayr United was incorrect ? Did I imagine it ???

Stalker. You can't let it lie can you ? 

Hmmm, now I wonder whether you'll respond with a cheeky wee emoticon or a full-blown insult ???

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

After 9 games Motherwell had 1 point more than us.

5th August: Hibs 3 - Motherwell 0; 11th August Motherwell 0 - Hamilton 1; 26th August Motherwell 3 - Rangers 3; 1st September Dundee 1 - Motherwell 3; 15th September Motherwell 0 - Hearts 1; 22nd September Aberdeen 1 - Motherwell 0; 29th September Kilmarnock 3 - Motherwell 1. 6th October:  Motherwell 1 - Livingston 1; 20th October Motherwell 0 - St Johnstone 1. A run of league games with 1 win against Dundee and draws against The Rangers and Livingston and 5 games out of 9 without scoring with a more experienced manager and better squad at this level than we had. Played 9 Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 6 For 8 Against 15 Goal Difference -7 Points 5 out of 27. Motherwell have a budget of over £1m per season more than St Mirren to spend on wages and have been in the top league for over 30 seasons.

Hearts first run of bad form:

3rd November: Celtic 5 - Hearts 0; 10th November Hearts 0 - Killie 1; 24th November St Mirren 2 - Hearts 0;  2nd December Hearts 1 - Rangers 2; 5th December St Johnstone 2 - Hearts 2;  8th December Hearts 1 - Motherwell 0; 14th December Livingston 5 - Hearts 0; 22nd December Aberdeen 2 - Hearts 0.  Played 8; Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 6 For 4 Against 19 Goal Difference -15 Points 4 out of 24. Craig Levein is in his 2nd spell as manager of Hearts, had a good period as Dundee United manager, had been Scotland manager and has a budget several times the size of St Mirren's budget.

Hibs run of bad results:

20th October: Celtic 4 - Hibs 2; 31st October Hearts 0 - Hibs 0; 3rd November Hibs 0 - St Johnstone 1; 9th November Aberdeen 1 - Hibs 0; 24th November Hibs 2 - Dundee 2; 1st December Killie 3 - Hibs 0; 5th December Hibs 2- St Mirren 2;  8th December Hamilton 0 - Hibs 1 - Hibs fell from 2nd place after 8 games to 8th place after 22 games and only picked up 12 points from mid-October until the 2nd last game in January out of 14 league games. At the time Hibs had a manager who had managed Celtic in the Champions League, won the Championship with Hibs and had a budget several times the size of St Mirren's budget.

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

No shit Sherlock!

And who found the company? default_1eye.gif

It wasn’t OK who found the one player he signed that’s actually in his outfield XI.

So thanks for making my point for me! emoji23.png

Clueless!

It wasn't Gus , I know that much. In fact Gus wanted nothing to do with the signings cause he thought they would turn out shite.

You certainly are clueless! 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You're becoming as tedious as PRicky, you know that, right? :snore

Oh I think you have the monopoly on that.

Ever since you came out the sin bin you've been a moaning faced, snarky bastard with far too much to say about everyone and everything.

Give it a break FFS.