Stubbs putting the boot in

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sacked-alan-stubbs-says-st-mirren-expected-far-too-much-after-promotion-1-4932783

(Bit in bold) - Wonder if Steve Clarke said that when he arrived at Killie... "the team is pish so we're probably going down", sure sign of a great man manager  :lol: 

Maybe Stubbs can explain why he spoke to Jack AFTER he took the job?

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

And why he took the opinion of a 3rd rate journalist about players instead of making his own mind up?

Yes, it's odd that he didn't already know who was up to the job of playing at Premiership level.

That tells you he didn't watch Championship matches so hadn't a clue about what he was taking on.

Then you have to ask why Gordon Scott didn't ask him about his knowledge of our club and playing staff or didn't have alarms go off if he DID ask and Stubbs flapped around with an answer.

I think the appointment smacked of two men (Scott and Stubbs) who were so desperate that neither was prepared to do the necessary prior groundwork (aaaargh forgotten the correct phrase!) to ensure the relationship would work. Both of them blindly prayed it would be fine in the end. That, IMO, is why we are where we are today.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

Yes, it's odd that he didn't already know who was up to the job of playing at Premiership level.

That tells you he didn't watch Championship matches so hadn't a clue about what he was taking on.

Then you have to ask why Gordon Scott didn't ask him about his knowledge of our club and playing staff or didn't have alarms go off if he DID ask and Stubbs flapped around with an answer.

I think the appointment smacked of two men (Scott and Stubbs) who were so desperate that neither was prepared to do the necessary prior groundwork (aaaargh forgotten the correct phrase!) to ensure the relationship would work.

Due diligence?

Most managers who have left say our expectations are much higher than our budget can manage. Did Gus not go to a squad of 18 to try and get better players. Really don't have anything with Stubbs the glove did not fit though we were left a huge mess to clean up or Oran was. Keep saying it if we have the second lowest wages in the league you are going to be an up and down club. It's in our DNA and our history. 

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Vacancies at Killie and Dundee and a few days later Stubbs raises his fat useless head above the parapet, mmm...................................(insert tumbleweed GIF here)

A what?

Anyhow Alan Stubbs is the end of the bell, the dangle of the berry, the Labour of the council and the left overs of bodily fluids in the used condom.

Now we have tangerines to mangle, mangle those dirty tangerines indeed.

3 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

The man is an utter buffoon and makes himself look worse with every newspaper interview. Let us have the last laugh by securing Premiership status on Sunday. Hopefully with Stubbs looking on from the TV gantry.

If he is allowed back it must be to apologise - surely  . . . :magic

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I'm the same. This is killing me. It's been much the same for about 10 days, if I'm honest.

Yes I was hoping not to admit that as well.

Given that I am running my own company, I might have no income left if this goes on much longer. 🤣

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

And why he took the opinion of a 3rd rate journalist about players instead of making his own mind up?

Just re-read his article.

He was talking about Chic Young as the connected Saints fan wasn't he?

Also, why is he whining about Fitzy and Scott having lofty ambitions. That was well known BEFORE he took the job and he still took it. He's not making himself look particularly good compared to guys like Neilson who clearly did their homework.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just re-read his article.

He was talking about Chic Young as the connected Saints fan wasn't he?

Also, why is he whining about Fitzy and Scott having lofty ambitions. That was well known BEFORE he took the job and he still took it. He's not making himself look particularly good compared to guys like Neilson who clearly did their homework.

Ah, is that who it was? I assumed it was Stuart Dickson.

Wondering if Stubbs has noticed that our best results all season have come after Stephen McGinn, Kyle Magennis, Gary MacKenzie, Jack Baird, Danny Mullen, Ryan Flynn,, Paul McGinn (all players Stubbs inherited) have returned to form and been joined by some well chosen andproperly scouted signings (Hladky, Popescu, Dreyer, Lyons, McAllister)?

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Wondering if Stubbs has noticed that our best results all season have come after Stephen McGinn, Kyle Magennis, Gary MacKenzie, Jack Baird, Danny Mullen, Ryan Flynn,, Paul McGinn (all players Stubbs inherited) have returned to form and been joined by some well chosen andproperly scouted signings (Hladky, Popescu, Dreyer, Lyons, McAllister)?

Dreyer, are you his agent? :lol:

These best results, against the diddy teams when the games are slightly less than meaningful? :lol:

You are trying too hard with your spin on statistics. 

Fecking hope we get through this on Sunday, the obsession with Stubbs with you, and a few others is clouding the situation.

2nd bottom, IMO, has been a crap return on the decision to sack a manager.

34 games and probably the worst team, Dundee, in recent years, have been a godsend.

Let's leave the gloating, as hard as that is, till after we survive. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dreyer, are you his agent? :lol:

These best results, against the diddy teams when the games are slightly less than meaningful? :lol:

You are trying too hard with your spin on statistics. 

Fecking hope we get through this on Sunday, the obsession with Stubbs with you, and a few others is clouding the situation.

2nd bottom, IMO, has been a crap return on the decision to sack a manager.

34 games and probably the worst team, Dundee, in recent years, have been a godsend.

Let's leave the gloating, as hard as that is, till after we survive. 

And I think you’re failing to recognise that our recent run of form stretches further back than the last 5 games.