Stubbs putting the boot in

St Mirren players started a chant of 'If you hate Alan Stubbs clap your hands' last night in a town centre pub. And no, it wasn't the McGinns or Gary Mac that started it. Just shows what the players thought of him and his recruitment.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

St Mirren players started a chant of 'If you hate Alan Stubbs clap your hands' last night in a town centre pub. And no, it wasn't the McGinns or Gary Mac that started it. Just shows what the players thought of him and his recruitment.

Paul McGinn sums it up well when he says anybody could see the squad was only fit for League 1.

Probably a good comment on the standard of mainstream media journalism in Scotland too. They all sat about waffling about Stubbs "only getting 4 games" when anyone could see he had set the club back years in such a short time in charge!

Now that we can consign the incompetent arsehole to the anonymity he deserves , here's a something that I heard yesterday.

One of the guys that sits near me was at a social engagement recently, where he had a chat with Craig Halkett.

Halkett told him that Jack Ross had deal lined up to sign him at the beginning of the season. However, when Ross left, the new manager contacted Halkett and told him that the deal was off the table.<_<

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Now that we can consign the incompetent arsehole to the anonymity he deserves , here's a something that I heard yesterday.

One of the guys that sits near me was at a social engagement recently, where he had a chat with Craig Halkett.

Halkett told him that Jack Ross had deal lined up to sign him at the beginning of the season. However, when Ross left, the new manager contacted Halkett and told him that the deal was off the table.<_<

:( I hate Stubbs even more.   

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I also heard this from a close contact of Halkett - Great player but was he as good as Heaton or KP . . .  Alan Stubbs, does he have the middle name Steven - initials ASS..

I'd also heard we were in for Halkett (probably read it on here or on Twitter so no idea how true it was).

I dunno how much of the changes Stubbs made were down to him genuinely not rating our players and how much was fuelled by some Damned United style bloody mindedness to do the exact opposite of what Jack Ross had done.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I'd also heard we were in for Halkett (probably read it on here or on Twitter so no idea how true it was).

I dunno how much of the changes Stubbs made were down to him genuinely not rating our players and how much was fuelled by some Damned United style bloody mindedness to do the exact opposite of what Jack Ross had done.

I just think he lacked the competence to do the task he accepted, under all the constraints that went with it...

AND bringing Jackson was far from a shrewd thing to do either... good CB sh*t manager 

• 2 months later...
Is the Brian Rice that has signed Sam Stubbs for Hamilton the same Brian Rice that claimed Alan Stubbs ignored most of what he wanted to do while they were both at St Mirren?
Sure Rice job is as coach, and it is someone else job at Accies who decide what players come in. Not saying Rice has no say, just think he doesn't have the final say.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Is the Brian Rice that has signed Sam Stubbs for Hamilton the same Brian Rice that claimed Alan Stubbs ignored most of what he wanted to do while they were both at St Mirren?

Don't get these jibes at the lad The sins of the father should not be visited on the son. We can't choose our parents.

He may well be a good player for all we know 

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don't get these jibes at the lad The sins of the father should not be visited on the son. We can't choose our parents.

He'll get dogs abuse when we play them.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

It wasn't a dig at him, it was a dig at Rice who claimed Stubbs had pretty much ignored his input during their brief spell together at Saints.