Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Blackford is a waste of space.............. and a contradiction

If he is serious- grab his 34 other MPs, leave their London flats, come back to Scotland and ala Sin Fein snub Westminster . Mhari Black- as well. Whats happened to her ?

Embarrassing Scotland ,

10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
37 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
Yet another waste of PMQs by Blackford - far better waiting until BJ wins then asking him these questions.

Nothing to stop him asking the racist buffoon during future PMQs.

Ian "just a simple crofter" Blackford has been promoted to a roll (copyright IOBS) that doesn't suit him - the financial expertise that shone through when asking technically detailed questions of Ministers during quieter debates is wasted at PMQs which needs a more populist/shouty approach. 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Blackford is a waste of space.............. and a contradiction

If he is serious- grab his 34 other MPs, leave their London flats, come back to Scotland and ala Sin Fein snub Westminster . Mhari Black- as well. Whats happened to her ?

Embarrassing Scotland ,

I disagree with you. At least the SNP are trying to change things from within.

I understand Sinn Fein’s stance, but I can’t see the point of voting for them when you know they won’t do anything. NI’s corner cannot be fought if the seats are empty.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I disagree with you. At least the SNP are trying to change things from within.

I understand Sinn Fein’s stance, but I can’t see the point of voting for them when you know they won’t do anything. NI’s corner cannot be fought if the seats are empty.

The crazy thing is that by, not taking their seats, they've made the DUP more important. Right now they could easily bring down this government by taking their places and voting in a no confidence motion.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The crazy thing is that by, not taking their seats, they've made the DUP more important. Right now they could easily bring down this government by taking their places and voting in a no confidence motion.

You sum it up. We’ve seen how tight some parliamentary votes have been, and the likes of Sinn Fein could easily influence which way these votes go. I reckon they could get more MPs in if they actually took their place in the Commons, and in turn I believe it would actually help their United Ireland cause. I think the SNP have benefitted being on the front line, and making the effort to try to create change - and the way they often get ignored helps their cause as it’s a case of “Look, we are trying to improve things but they won’t bother listening”, exhaust all options before saying Independence is required. If Sinn Fein did similar and had similar reactions to the SNP, it could definitely help their cause.

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

There is more to it than than that. Sin Fein do not recognise the Queen or UK tax, thats the issue with us Scots, we have always been torn between Unionist and freedom. SNP need to make that stance, and IMHO they dont ....................

Still not convinced our kids would benefit from President Sturgeon

28 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

There is more to it than than that. Sin Fein do not recognise the Queen or UK tax, thats the issue with us Scots, we have always been torn between Unionist and freedom. SNP need to make that stance, and IMHO they dont ....................

Still not convinced our kids would benefit from President Sturgeon

US SCOTS? As in Ireland, only some of "us Scots" believe in independence. SF candidates stand for election. If they didn't recognise the institution they shouldn't acknowledge it. It exists. The SNP recognise it exists and are trying to give those who support them a voice. SF would do well to learn from this.

As for  your comment, re President Sturgeon.

Why don't people realise that, should WHEN we get independence, the SNP would become unnecessary. Their job would have been done. They would either be sidelined or, more likely, disband and the members and supporters would move to support other more traditional political parties.

Although this is a logical assumption and written into the parties doctrine I just wish it would be made more clear by the party to stop people perpetuating a myth of some sort of one party state WHEN we rid ourselves of the shackles of the UK.

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

US SCOTS? As in Ireland, only some of "us Scots" believe in independence. SF candidates stand for election. If they didn't recognise the institution they shouldn't acknowledge it. It exists. The SNP recognise it exists and are trying to give those who support them a voice. SF would do well to learn from this.

Why don't people realise that, should WHEN we get independence, the SNP would become unnecessary. Their job would have been done. They would either be sidelined or, more likely, disband and the members and supporters would move to support other more traditional political parties.

Although this is a logical assumption and written into the parties doctrine I just wish it would be made more clear by the party to stop people perpetuating a myth of some sort of one party state WHEN we rid ourselves of the shackles of the UK.

Mate, you seem to forget that MPs stand or are meant to stand for the people. You can not compare the SNPs and SF on that basis, apart from the fact , SF dont not recognise WM whilst the SNPs try to gain support whilst playing the WM game....................

If you truely belief that Nicola will retire when/ if Scotland get Indy then your in la la land. If she does, who would you trust to lead us to the land of opportunity? Davidson ??And lets not also forget. England will not give up Scotland. Last time we had the threat of the EU , all the Banks going, pensions, jobs the lot. With Boris there it will be far more ruthless ( Ruth will also be bye bye).................

As I said I voted for Devo Max, thats what the SNPs wanted, Camerons arrogance tooks us to 45% . And what makes you think Boris will firstly agree to Indy 2, and second agree to 51/49. What if he makes 75/25................... these are facts and possibilities

I would like to see the Nationalists make a case for Indy rather than just Tory Bad.  Can legit support. Give up their posh lives , come back here and actually work for the communities............... When was the last time Miss Black was doing anything for Paisley ?

And lets not forget in the history of Indy Refs ( 131 )and counting. Scotland is the only country to say No

Mate once again, you are speaking for yourself, lots of others, but trust me not 55%+ of Scots   . And that always been the issue in our fair land, we are split.................. not united , never have been and ever will be  

Aye, all those SNP career politicians are going to give up their jobs! [emoji23]

As for one party state, the Brexit is just as popular in Scotland as the SNP going by number of votes cast in the EU referendum and Scottish Parliament election! [emoji23]

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, you seem to forget that MPs stand or are meant to stand for the people. You can not compare the SNPs and SF on that basis, apart from the fact , SF dont not recognise WM whilst the SNPs try to gain support whilst playing the WM game....................

If you truely belief that Nicola will retire when/ if Scotland get Indy then your in la la land. If she does, who would you trust to lead us to the land of opportunity? Davidson ??And lets not also forget. England will not give up Scotland. Last time we had the threat of the EU , all the Banks going, pensions, jobs the lot. With Boris there it will be far more ruthless ( Ruth will also be bye bye).................

As I said I voted for Devo Max, thats what the SNPs wanted, Camerons arrogance tooks us to 45% . And what makes you think Boris will firstly agree to Indy 2, and second agree to 51/49. What if he makes 75/25................... these are facts and possibilities

I would like to see the Nationalists make a case for Indy rather than just Tory Bad.  Can legit support. Give up their posh lives , come back here and actually work for the communities............... When was the last time Miss Black was doing anything for Paisley ?

And lets not forget in the history of Indy Refs ( 131 )and counting. Scotland is the only country to say No

Mate once again, you are speaking for yourself, lots of others, but trust me not 55%+ of Scots   . And that always been the issue in our fair land, we are split.................. not united , never have been and ever will be  

MATE. You're falling into the trap of looking at the "now". When we get independence there will be a transition period and ALL parties will readjust to the "then". Situations change. Priorities either change or are redundant. Sturgeon will not have an option to control that situation. It will still be a democracy and, if truth be known, Sturgeon would not be a popular choice at that juncture.

The nationalists have been making a case for independence for years. Whether the tories or labour were the bad guys.

Johnson becoming PM without a mandate and the EU issue is more likely to, 1) Make a solid claim for a second referendum and 2) Make it more likely to happen given Johnson's contempt for the Scots. There is no way he could command cross party support for any frigging of the % numbers. The best he would get is the turn out cop out of the devolution vote of the seventies.

As for the Independent referendum. The question was loaded. (I firmly believe, even if the question was put in the same way again the outcome would be vastly different). And, as was the case in the EU referendum, lies were spouted and promises were made then reneged on. The Scottish football team were sh!te, 🤣, (somethings are constant). 

Things have definitely moved on from that vote. People have wised up to the fabrications and scaremongering. Then it was trumpeted that leaving the union would mean leaving the EU. Folk have seen the truth in that one.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Aye, all those SNP career politicians are going to give up their jobs! emoji23.png

As for one party state, the Brexit is just as popular in Scotland as the SNP going by number of votes cast in the EU referendum and Scottish Parliament election! emoji23.png

Try reading what was written. They would NEED to stand for election, not RE election, to the new independent Scottish Parliament with a party manifesto which couldn't include independence. Well. Unless they were challenging for the Shetlands.

I said that, AFTER independence, we would NOT have a one party state. Parties will align themselves to causes, including SCEXIT, (Dodgy and not as gimmicky as Brexit I know), and people will vote for the party of choice. As for the Brexit party. Absolute sh!te. They were a poor second to the pro EU parties and it was a protest vote against the two big English run parties.

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Aye, all those SNP career politicians are going to give up their jobs! emoji23.png

As for one party state, the Brexit is just as popular in Scotland as the SNP going by number of votes cast in the EU referendum and Scottish Parliament election! emoji23.png

I am talking to other posters, your dont qualify ................ so no comment as your a non entity

17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

MATE. You're falling into the trap of looking at the "now". When we get independence there will be a transition period and ALL parties will readjust to the "then". Situations change. Priorities either change or are redundant. Sturgeon will not have an option to control that situation. It will still be a democracy and, if truth be known, Sturgeon would not be a popular choice at that juncture.

The nationalists have been making a case for independence for years. Whether the tories or labour were the bad guys.

Johnson becoming PM without a mandate and the EU issue is more likely to, 1) Make a solid claim for a second referendum and 2) Make it more likely to happen given Johnson's contempt for the Scots. There is no way he could command cross party support for any frigging of the % numbers. The best he would get is the turn out cop out of the devolution vote of the seventies.

As for the Independent referendum. The question was loaded. (I firmly believe, even if the question was put in the same way again the outcome would be vastly different). And, as was the case in the EU referendum, lies were spouted and promises were made then reneged on. The Scottish football team were sh!te, 🤣, (somethings are constant). 

Things have definitely moved on from that vote. People have wised up to the fabrications and scaremongering. Then it was trumpeted that leaving the union would mean leaving the EU. Folk have seen the truth in that one.

Bud, please show me the case they have been making ? Are you referring to the White Paper published 5 years ago, that showed 70% of our income coming from Oil and Gas ?

For the record. I am a SNP member, voted for them since 1997, but frustrated that depsite the mandate of 56 MPs they did nothing to press forward plans.... in fact they went backwards

Again what you say is Boris becoming PM makes a case for Indy, I thought getting 62-38 in Brexit Vote made a case ?

If its all fair and above board then lets see- but this is the Tories- lead by scum , financed by scum and supported by  bigots and racists , unfortunatley they are rather a lot of them..

Jacob Rees Mogg/ Ian Duncan Smith/ Boris Johnson - God Help Us  

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You are presenting an awful lot of your opinions as facts.

Calm down.

People are entitled to hold other views than you without being "wrong".

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The latest polls suggest that beyond marginal gains (a couple of percent), support for independence has barely moved in 5 years.

You have zero basis for attempting to portray your opinions as fact.

Edited by oaksoft