Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Invoking Hitler. FFS. emoji38.png

You really aren't as clever as you like to tell everyone you are.

What an utterly bizarre response to being criticised for invoking Hitler.

I have absolutely no interest in how intelligent you think I may or may not be.

Ideally, what we now want to see happen is for the House of Commons to replace the f**kwit bojo after a no-confidence motion with someone who revokes article 50;  or the House of Commons, through the Speaker, notifies the European Council that article 50 is revoked then Parliament passes a fresh Act to revoke article 50.

Bzz, China Crisis.

What could she do? 
Say no perhaps. 
Break with precident. 
The point of a constitutional monarchy is that the precedents and conventions are maintained by the figurehead nature of the monarchy, by saying no she would have triggered a constitutional crisis by not accepting the advice of her PM as is the convention, it is up to parliament to resist this not the monarch, didn't attending all those ambassadorial parties teach you anything?

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
What could she do? 
Say no perhaps. 
Break with precident. 

The point of a constitutional monarchy is that the precedents and conventions are maintained by the figurehead nature of the monarchy, by saying no she would have triggered a constitutional crisis by not accepting the advice of her PM as is the convention, it is up to parliament to resist this not the monarch, didn't attending all those ambassadorial parties teach you anything?

I understand the theory. 

I am not a monarchist. 

This is useful in highlighting how anachronistic the monarchy as an institution with any relevance in the modern world, other than as a tourist"disney" type attraction. 

Guest TPAFKATS
What an utterly bizarre response to being criticised for invoking Hitler.
I have absolutely no interest in how intelligent you think I may or may not be.
Critised, ffs really.

And I have no interest in you following me around the forum making shite posts that add no value to what is being debated.

I understand the theory. 
I am not a monarchist. 
This is useful in highlighting how anachronistic the monarchy as an institution with any relevance in the modern world, other than as a tourist"disney" type attraction. 
Actually, however you view it the monarchy fulfils the head of state role that would have to be filled with something else, given the recent electoral genius of the great british public would you trust them to provide an appropriate alternative? Oh and I probably wouldn't let Shull know you are a republican.

53 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
I understand the theory. 
I am not a monarchist. 

Actually, however you view it the monarchy fulfils the head of state role that would have to be filled with something else, given the recent electoral genius of the great british public would you trust them to provide an appropriate alternative? Oh and I probably wouldn't let Shull know you are a republican.

Oh. I get that bit about head's of state. I am already the "antichrist" for that particular poster. I might just accept that this (if further reformed) might just be the least worst alternative. 

This is useful in highlighting how anachronistic the monarchy as an institution with any relevance in the modern world, other than as a tourist"disney" type attraction

Even for tourism the monarchy is irrelevant, inadequate and not worth the money.  They’re more like Pontins than Disney.

France ALWAYS has a vastly greater number of tourists than the Uk.  People go to see the grand houses, gardens and enjoy the history.  

The French guillotined their monarchy, so if we genuinely want to attract more tourists...

11 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
What could she do? 
Say no perhaps. 
Break with precident. 

The suspension of parliament is a convention, however, that convention is for parliament to be suspended for a few days at most, not the best part of 3 weeks. Is Bojo conducting in plain sight, a coup d'état?

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Even for tourism the monarchy is irrelevant, inadequate and not worth the money.  They’re more like Pontins than Disney.

France ALWAYS has a vastly greater number of tourists than the Uk.  People go to see the grand houses, gardens and enjoy the history.  

The French guillotined their monarchy, so if we genuinely want to attract more tourists...

Might be something to do with being double the size of the UK? 😂

18 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

In 1939 Adolf (only using his first name emoji57.png) asked the German president to dissolve parliament so he could get round those trying to stop "the will of the people".
How decisive of him.

Yeah, ok, well that's a fairly naïve comparison to say the least

I think Bojo is a total pratt, and I am not in the least surprised by this action

My point is- that all the other parties have set their own agendas before the will of the people, that's why we didn't leave on 29th March, that's why May got canned, that's why we have Farage back , and that is why we still have that idiot Corbyn

Scottish Indy is still on emotion not factual, Simply look at GERS, we cant balance the books ( maybe its the name)….

Our biggest problem is for the first time in my lifetime we don't have an alternative in opposition.... that may well keep the Tories in power another 5 years, and for that I blame Labour, the Libs and others...………….

50 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think Bojo is a total pratt, and I am not in the least surprised by this action

My point is- that all the other parties have set their own agendas before the will of the people, that's why we didn't leave on 29th March, that's why May got canned, that's why we have Farage back , and that is why we still have that idiot Corbyn

Scottish Indy is still on emotion not factual, Simply look at GERS, we cant balance the books ( maybe its the name)….

Our biggest problem is for the first time in my lifetime we don't have an alternative in opposition.... that may well keep the Tories in power another 5 years, and for that I blame Labour, the Libs and others...………….

Of course they will stay in power

It's been that way for years

Look at the last 3 Prime Ministers

2 Eton Rifles and the St Trinians Headmistress

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

That's because we don't get to decide how the books are calculated, GERS figures include lots of expenditure that Scotland on its own wouldn't incur (HS2, Crossrail, Trident) and other stuff that we wouldn't spend as much on (non-nuclear Military, overseas staff) - take these out and you'll find that Scotland does fine.   Do you really believe that 8-9% of the UK population is responsible for half the UK deficit? Or that when you add the Scottish figures and the Welsh equivalent together it comes to 110%+ of the UK deficit? I smell shite...

Cue #thichasfcuk.

Edited by salmonbuddie

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

That's because we don't get to decide how the books are calculated, GERS figures include lots of expenditure that Scotland on its own wouldn't incur (HS2, Crossrail, Trident) and other stuff that we wouldn't spend as much on (non-nuclear Military, overseas staff) - take these out and you'll find that Scotland does fine.   Do you really believe that 8-9% of the UK population is responsible for half the UK deficit? Or that when you add the Scottish figures and the Welsh equivalent together it comes to 110%+ of the UK deficit? I smell shite...

Cue #thichasfcuk.

Ok, don't get all abusive or I will report you and you can spend the rest of Indy 2 in the Bin :wink:

Of course I don't believe anything Gov says, but you really need to take the Thistle tinted glasses off and get real. Scots hate each other, we have a massive divide in most villages never mind cities,  we have a huge unionist movement which resulted in the Tories gaining overall control because the Scots put so many Tory MPs in.

Scotland got the Tories in Power in 2017, just another fact

As for Trident, well expect the EU to demand that an Indy Scotland has a deterrent...…………

52% of Scots in the latest poll said they may vote Indy, you see what a clusterfeck Brexit is, yet you are happy for a country   to walk on its on , with 48% not wanting it ?

For the record I am a patriot but only when the NATs manage to show a unified Scotland Plan will we succeed, considering how bad Westminster is, surely that's not that hard an ask . When the SNP had 56  MPs they should have collectively walked out ala Sinn Fein and not recognised England's Powerhouse, then we would have a proper political movement's

The SNPs bleat that they are chained to England, Sturgeon manages to distance most English against us, because like that sex fiend Salmond, she is a totally shite Politian. who even says she loves the hugely Catholic River City, and alienating her own audience ……………..

Now that is #thchasfcuk

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Of course I don't believe anything Gov says, but you really need to take the Thistle tinted glasses off and get real. Scots hate each other, we have a massive divide in most villages never mind cities,  we have a huge unionist movement which resulted in the Tories gaining overall control because the Scots put so many Tory MPs in.

As for Trident, well expect the EU to demand that an Indy Scotland has a deterrent...…………

52% of Scots in the latest poll said they may vote Indy, you see what a clusterfeck Brexit is, yet you are happy for a country   to walk on its on , with 48% not wanting it ?

For the record I am a patriot but only when the NATs manage to show a unified Scotland Plan will we succeed, considering how bad Westminster is, surely that's not that hard an ask . When the SNP had 56  MPs they should have collectively walked out ala Sinn Fein and not recognised England's Powerhouse, then we would have a proper political movement's

The SNPs bleat that they are chained to England, Sturgeon manages to distance most English against us, because like that sex fiend Salmond, she is a totally shite Politian. who even says she loves the hugely Catholic River City, and alienating her own audience ……………..

Now that is #thchasfcuk

It really beggars belief that a fully grown adult can post stuff like this.

Honestly, what went through your head when you typed this? :blink:

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok, don't get all abusive or I will report you and you can spend the rest of Indy 2 in the Bin :wink:

Now that is #thchasfcuk

Where to begin...

The Tories won 13 seats (compared to the SNP’s 35) more out of sheer luck than anything else. They were the only viable pro-union, get Brexit done party in Scotland. Labour pretty much killed themselves in Scotland, Lib Dems were still a party not to be trusted after the coalition, and, well, there wasn’t anyone else. The Tories were the easy option for unionists and leavers. As for the present, Ruth knows they are going downhill and she doesn’t want to be the one in charge when it goes tits up - as much as she disagrees with Johnson, if she genuinely believed the Tories could still progress in Scotland she’d have stood her ground and remained in her position. Polls may not be everything but they all indicate to a near SNP whitewash if a snap GE was to be held.

Why the f**k would the EU demand Scotland has trident? Do the other 27 members all have nuclear deterrents? The only reason the UK has one is because our government go around pissing off the world and licking the USA’s arse. I don’t see a future Scottish government starting wars to take Middle Eastern oil.

Brexit is indeed a clusterf**k. Just because the UK government has no respect for the EU doesn’t mean the Scottish government would be as useless at negotiating a break up.

A question for you: If Scotland was independent, and the English government proposed a union where they take our money, hand us a percentage of it back instead of the full amount, told us we can join parliament but have just 117 MPs between ourselves, Wales and NI against England’s 533 MPs, and be told what powers we are allowed to have and what we aren’t allowed to have, would you want to join this union?

The Sinn Fein route is an interesting idea, but denies you the chance to make changes from the inside. If you are going to be part of an establishment you are not keen on, and can’t do much to change the status quo, then trying to change from the inside can be effective. If a poor policy is passed through parliament by ten votes, and the SNP/Sinn Fein could have denied that by voting and participating, it doesn’t give them much room to complain about the bad policies when they do nothing to stop them.

The English are “against” the SNP because the media down here refuse to print any of the positive actions the SNP has completed in Scotland, instead they are shown in a permanently bad light. It’s only when people here sit down and watch parliamentary sessions and see what the SNP MPs actually demand, that some here even turn round and praise them.

Salmond was found innocent btw. But then if you try and quote the nonsensical GERS figures as fact, then I’m not surprised to see a ridiculous statement calling innocent people sex fiends in your post.

12 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Just so folk don't get into trouble with any authorities, there is still a live court case regarding allegations.

I've purposely not quoted anyone, so folk can remove before they get a knock on the door.

DJ emoji6.png

I thought it was done and dusted, perhaps not 😂

Guest TPAFKATS

What was the will of the people? It certainly wasn't this situation which has been engineered by the Conservative MPs not the opposition.

You think GERS represents an independent Scotland's ability and that it accurately shows Scotland being responsible for 60% of UK deficit.

You don't think corbyn is an alternative to Johnson?

Naive indeed.

Guest TPAFKATS

Now that is #thchasfcuk
f**k me, I don't know where to begin with this.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It really beggars belief that a fully grown adult can post stuff like this.

Honestly, what went through your head when you typed this? :blink:

Its called a viewpoint, you should try it rather than just shut it down, happy to discuss if you have that ability

51 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Where to begin...

The Tories won 13 seats (compared to the SNP’s 35) more out of sheer luck than anything else. They were the only viable pro-union, get Brexit done party in Scotland. Labour pretty much killed themselves in Scotland, Lib Dems were still a party not to be trusted after the coalition, and, well, there wasn’t anyone else. The Tories were the easy option for unionists and leavers. As for the present, Ruth knows they are going downhill and she doesn’t want to be the one in charge when it goes tits up - as much as she disagrees with Johnson, if she genuinely believed the Tories could still progress in Scotland she’d have stood her ground and remained in her position. Polls may not be everything but they all indicate to a near SNP whitewash if a snap GE was to be held.

Why the f**k would the EU demand Scotland has trident?  BECAUSE OF WHERE SCOTLAND IS ON THE MAP AND A BIG OCEAN CALLED THE ATLANTIC Do the other 27 members all have nuclear deterrents? The only reason the UK has one is because our government go around pissing off the world and licking the USA’s arse. I don’t see a future Scottish government starting wars to take Middle Eastern oil.

Brexit is indeed a clusterf**k. Just because the UK government has no respect for the EU doesn’t mean the Scottish government would be as useless at negotiating a break up.

A question for you: If Scotland was independent, and the English government proposed a union where they take our money, hand us a percentage of it back instead of the full amount, told us we can join parliament but have just 117 MPs between ourselves, Wales and NI against England’s 533 MPs, and be told what powers we are allowed to have and what we aren’t allowed to have, would you want to join this union? I AM NOT PRO UNION, HOWEVER I DONT SEE A VIABLE PLAN FROM THE SNPs THAT WOULD WORK- DO YOU HAVE ONE ?

The Sinn Fein route is an interesting idea, but denies you the chance to make changes from the inside. If you are going to be part of an establishment you are not keen on, and can’t do much to change the status quo, then trying to change from the inside can be effective. If a poor policy is passed through parliament by ten votes, and the SNP/Sinn Fein could have denied that by voting and participating, it doesn’t give them much room to complain about the bad policies when they do nothing to stop them. THE SNPs HAVE DONE BUGGAR ALL WITH THEIR VOTES, THE FACT THAT WE HAVE AN IDIOT IN CORBYN DOES NOT HELP. TELL ME ONE MEANINGFUL VOTE THE SNPS HAVE CARRIED ?

The English are “against” the SNP because the media down here refuse to print any of the positive actions the SNP has completed in Scotland, instead they are shown in a permanently bad light. It’s only when people here sit down and watch parliamentary sessions and see what the SNP MPs actually demand, that some here even turn round and praise them. THEMS THE BREAKS, THE MEDIA IS NOT NEW ITS BE ABOUT 300 YEARS. WE SEEM TO FORGET THE ENGLISH OUTNUMBER US 10 -1 , AND I TAKE IT ITS THE UK NATIONAL PRESS YOU ARE REFERRING TO

Salmond was found innocent btw. NO HE WASNT, HE WAS PAID HIS LEGAL COSTS BECAUSE THE CASE WAS BOTCHED AGAINST HIM, THOSE WOMAN DIDNT LIE !! But then if you try and quote the nonsensical GERS figures as fact, then I’m not surprised to see a ridiculous statement calling innocent people sex fiends in your post.  FINALLY- I NEVER QUOTED GERS AS A FACT, I SAID I DONT BELIEVE GOVT FIGURES- HOWEVER THE ELECTORATE DO AND IT STATES SCOTLAND IS 12.6 B in debt over 1 year- ITS CALLED SPIN AND SOMETHING ELSE THE SNPS ARE INCAPABLE OF

See above answers

Away and watch Braveheart again- it was also full of shit

19 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

What was the will of the people? It certainly wasn't this situation which has been engineered by the Conservative MPs not the opposition.

You think GERS represents an independent Scotland's ability and that it accurately shows Scotland being responsible for 60% of UK deficit.

You don't think corbyn is an alternative to Johnson?

Naive indeed.

Firstly- rather than reading the headlines try actually reading the post.

I have voted and I am a member of the SNP since 2012. In saying that I never wanted Sturgeon , and whatever Salmond did or didn't do, there is no smoke without fire. Maybe you think Prince Andrew is innocent as he will never be prosecuted ?

I said I don't believe GOV stats, they are Spin, and i also said that Johnston was a prat and Corbyn an idiot

In short- I think British Politics is a joke as demonstrated by the Politian's feck up of Brexit, I also think the SNPs are clueless as they keep trying to win support by Westminsters viewpoint. With 62% of the Vote to Remain, 63% of seats by the Scottish Elections and the 3rd largest part by UK seats the SNPs constantly show themselves as the wee noise in the corner, they have failed to do any alliances bar the Scottish Greens 

Incidentally- If Boris does survive he could shut down the Scottish Gov and there is nothing you or I could do about it