Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Off topc but interesting speech to the TUC today by JC

•  Repeal Tory Trade Union Act within 100 days of taking office.
  •  Create a Ministry for Workers Rights
  •  Take on Tax Avoidance
  •  End Zero Hours contracts.
  •  Challenge excessive pay for CEOs
  •  Improve Tennants Rights

Probably too late to make me stop voting SNP but if the English choose "man of the people" Boris Johnson at te next election then Hellmenum!

24 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Interesting article, as always from the wonderfully named Fintan O'Toole.
Don't always agree with what he's saying but it's always a good read.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-welcome-to-the-united-kingdom-of-absurdistan-1.4005396?mode=amp

If you seriously think THAT is worth reading.......................... might I recommend the Dandy, a far more intellectually challenging publication and considerably more relevant and somewhat less mendacious than anything that flows from the gob of a politician or (IMO) a columnist / drama critic tainted by living and working the 'good ol USA' and............ should you find the Dandy a little to difficult .................... the Beano is OK as well.

44 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Off topc but interesting speech to the TUC today by JC

•  Repeal Tory Trade Union Act within 100 days of taking office.
  •  Create a Ministry for Workers Rights
  •  Take on Tax Avoidance
  •  End Zero Hours contracts.
  •  Challenge excessive pay for CEOs
  •  Improve Tennants Rights

Probably too late to make me stop voting SNP but if the English choose "man of the people" Boris Johnson at te next election then Hellmenum!

This would be akin to Hannibal Lector promising everyone t-cakes, ice cream and sweeties if they only get into the oven first,  just to warm you up a little as it's cold................. Seriously, I thought Michael foot was a joke; albeit an imbecilic joke, Corbyn though is a dangerous man who will promise anything he thinks will gain him support, just look at his stance on Brexit, only he hasn't stood ............. he has been running from one camp to the other and one thing would be certain if he came to power, he would accede to any and all of the EU's demands quicker than a ten bob whore drop her knickers. 

Guest TPAFKATS
If you seriously think THAT is worth reading.......................... might I recommend the Dandy, a far more intellectually challenging publication and considerably more relevant and somewhat less mendacious than anything that flows from the gob of a politician or (IMO) a columnist / drama critic tainted by living and working the 'good ol USA' and............ should you find the Dandy a little to difficult .................... the Beano is OK as well.
Are you a wee bit hormonal today jaybee?

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
17 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I found it quite amusing and accurate.  What's your issue with it?

I would have thought that to someone as astute as yourself that would be fairly obvious, TPAFKATS thought him a good read, I did not! and I was 'not too subtly' taking the mickey. I won't deny he is a clever writer but quite clearly he is simply supporting a contentious point of view regarding our constitution (or lack thereof), as to whether or not he actually believes what he writes, it doesn't matter; it's merely a tool to someone I funnily enough consider a 'tool' also.  I am NOT denying anyone else their right to appreciate his work, but offering MY interpretation of it.  Does that answer your question?

21 minutes ago, jaybee said:

This would be akin to Hannibal Lector promising everyone t-cakes, ice cream and sweeties if they only get into the oven first,  just to warm you up a little as it's cold................. Seriously, I thought Michael foot was a joke; albeit an imbecilic joke, Corbyn though is a dangerous man who will promise anything he thinks will gain him support, just look at his stance on Brexit, only he hasn't stood ............. he has been running from one camp to the other and one thing would be certain if he came to power, he would accede to any and all of the EU's demands quicker than a ten bob whore drop her knickers. 

woulda ten-bob whore necessarily be a woman?

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

No he hasn't - he is leading a party split on the major issue of the day stood up to his MPs and followed the policy voted for as decided by the Labour Party Conference which is to work initially for a GE and a negotiate a different Agreement - given where we are today the man is clearly nobody's fool.

Let's look at how Boris Johnson's record stands up to scrutiny, a universally acknowledged failure as Foreign Secretary whose conversion to supporting Brexit in 2016 was just part of a long term strategy to become PM.

I feel sure that if he retains his position after the GE Johnson will take a "pragmatic" line over the ensuing Brexit negotiations, he is truly a man with no principles and the "brass neck" to make whatever changes suit him short term whereas Corbyn has the shown the strength to retain and defend his principles even when they have been unpopular - he (Corbyn) is far more likely to stand up to the EU than Johnson.

Despite having shared platforms with "men with blood on their hands" over the years, economically he isn't that extreme and far less so than the current Tory party who contain the extreme freemarketeers of Britannia Unchained in Senior Cabinet posts and odious characters like Ian Duncan-Smith who wants to increase the pension age to 75.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Interesting article, as always from the wonderfully named Fintan O'Toole.
Don't always agree with what he's saying but it's always a good read.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-welcome-to-the-united-kingdom-of-absurdistan-1.4005396?mode=amp

O Toole seems to have some trouble agreeing with what he has written

Sad thing is that in this shambles of an article, he has actually hit the nail very close to the head.  Britain has no constitution, written or unwritten.  It has a set of precedents and principles that masquerade as a constitution.

If you look at other countries with well defined written constitutions, such as the US or Italy, you will see they are as capable of getting in a shitty mess as the UK.   They just find another way of getting in said shitty mess.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
39 minutes ago, jaybee said:

No he hasn't - he is leading a party split on the major issue of the day stood up to his MPs and followed the policy voted for as decided by the Labour Party Conference which is to work initially for a GE and a negotiate a different Agreement - given where we are today the man is clearly nobody's fool.

Let's look at how Boris Johnson's record stands up to scrutiny, a universally acknowledged failure as Foreign Secretary whose conversion to supporting Brexit in 2016 was just part of a long term strategy to become PM.

I feel sure that if he retains his position after the GE Johnson will take a "pragmatic" line over the ensuing Brexit negotiations, he is truly a man with no principles and the "brass neck" to make whatever changes suit him short term whereas Corbyn has the shown the strength to retain and defend his principles even when they have been unpopular - he (Corbyn) is far more likely to stand up to the EU than Johnson.

Despite having shared platforms with "men with blood on their hands" over the years, economically he isn't that extreme and far less so than the current Tory party who contain the extreme freemarketeers of Britannia Unchained in Senior Cabinet posts and odious characters like Ian Duncan-Smith who wants to increase the pension age to 75.

I fear we will have to agree to disagree ........... I do not like Corbyn  ............. he creeps me out ................. I would hate to be stuck in a lift with him ............ I really cannot think of ANYONE less believable as a PM , I do not like BJ either except that he wants to make Brexit happen, Corbyn says he does but really he and his party want to keep us connected 'somehow' to the EU.  Now, irrespective of my own or of your points of view re Brexit, it was meant to happen as per the referendum result .......... but last time I looked we were still connected to the EU, just proves the point that most Politicians are all lying barstuards..  Come to think of it Corbyn could well be ...... the ten bob whore.

Still think this beggars belief and along with Diane Abbott saying they can get 80000 policemen for £300000 has to be one of the all time great stupid paid public servants we have.

For those that cant be bothered listening to her, she again proposes that Labour come up with new deal with EU, then Labour votes against it. and Remains..… all this for about £150000 a year salary plus expenses...………….. a go

Guy Fox had a better executed plan

2 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:
16 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Boris Johnson banging on about no more delay

We’d already be out if he’d voted for May’s withdrawal agreement

What a hypocrite

In Mays last vote he did vote for it !

What a hypocrite

Methinks ......................... we need tae build a wa right alang the sooth coast o Engerland, an hiv loads and loads o machine guns, pots a biling oil and then throw ALL the fecking politicians over the wall ................................. and then live happily ever efter in cloud cuckoo land.          Similar tae the drivel they all spout. 😎

10 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

1. Europe have said they wont do a deal with Johnson. The so called Backstop is a red herring , there are already border checks in place , the two trade areas already have different currencies , different governments etc just another attempt by the junta  to try and stop us leaving and May fell for it.

2. As far as what Davidson , etc are saying l'm not interested . The current paraliament is full of politicains that cannot be trusted . Maybe Billy Connoly was right when he said that the  desire someone has to become a politician should immediately bar them from being one, for life

3. As far as rose tinnted glasses accusations go , I could say the same about your description of the shitfest as the worlds largest trading block but I'm not that kind of guy.

4. The truth is that it comes down to acceptance level and the British have a different acceptance level  when comes to government, than Europeans do , especially the types that want to dominate from central Europe and dictate terms like when we can fish our own waters and what we can catch (we should bring back the 200 mile limit like Norway, Fareos and Iceland). There was no way that the British people were going to accept the EEC never mind a Union , so Europe paid an alegeded paedophile to sign the Treaty of Rome against the public interest . I wonder how many other British politicians got paid by them?

5.As I mentioned before , independence in Europe is not independence nor is it nationalism either , it is simply selling the shirt . .l wonder what is in it for her

Every post you make takes you further down the looking glass. 

1. Below is a reference to German the German PM asking BJ to make a deal, the EU are ready to do a deal the stumbling block as ever is what can get through Westminster which is why the onus is on the UK to come up with an alternative to the agreed last Autumn. As for the "so called" Backstop it's a real issue and the minimal level of checking that presently takes place will not continue if the UK leaves the EU without a deal - once again the "Red Herring" is yours.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/aug/21/angela-merkel-challenges-boris-johnson-to-find-backstop-solution-in-30-days-video

As for the EU being a junta imposing it's will on the UK here is a list of opt-outs the UK had prior to the last election.

https://politick.co.uk/uk-opt-outs-from-eu-legislation/

The EU are willing to let us leave, more so every time the UK applies for a delay, the reason it hasn't happened is because Westminster wouldn't pass the cart-before-horse deal TM negotiated and hasn't as yet come up with an alternative that would pass at Westminster.

2. Re your Davidson comment - you asked in your previous post why the SNP would want to be part of the shitfest EU - you just don't have an answer! 

3. The EU is the world's largest trading organisation - so quite clearly you are that kind of guy!

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-position-in-world-trade/index_en.htm

4. Again I'll say your views on how democracy was in Europe in the past is irrelevant. If the Common Fisheries policy is bad for British/Scottish fisherman (rather than the 5 family consortiums who control 33% of Scottish fishing rights) then that's a  battle that should've been fought 40 years ago - the blame lies with all of the UK political parties (the SNP were defeated in their attempt to change fishing policy in 2008 by Westminster) who've let the situation fester. The charges against Heath have been dismissed as fantasy and the man who made them now in prison himself.

5. Your opinion, I disagree.

Still think this beggars belief and along with Diane Abbott saying they can get 80000 policemen for £300000 has to be one of the all time great stupid paid public servants we have.
For those that cant be bothered listening to her, she again proposes that Labour come up with new deal with EU, then Labour votes against it. and Remains..… all this for about £150000 a year salary plus expenses...………….. a go
Guy Fox had a better executed plan

I watched that video earlier this morning.
So Emily Thornberry states that if Labour win the GE, they’ll then go back to the EU and try get a better deal than offered to TM. Then they’ll call for a second referendum with a choice of Remain or leave with this new deal.
Piers Morgan slaughtered her for that and rightfully so.
The bottom line is Labour do not want to leave and will do whatever it takes to get their way.

Farage (regardless of your thoughts on him) is the only one that’s been consistent over past three years. If Farage and BJ team up then it’s game over for Labour.

Dianne Abbot reminds me of Leigh Francis take on Mel B on “Bo Selecta”

This is another class Dianne Abbot interview.

I see the EU with some encouragement from BJ is going back to the Irish Sea option that the DUP vetoed in 2017.

EU looks to Northern Ireland-only backstop to break Brexit deadlock

EU trade commissioner says he believes ‘penny is finally dropping’ for Boris Johnson

He said: “Mr Johnson has made a proposal in the last few days talking about an all-Ireland food zone. That is certainly a clear indication of divergence between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland/the EU and the rest of the UK. This is the first time that this has been spoken about by a British prime minister where they are prepared to accept some level of divergence between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I watched that video earlier this morning.
So Emily Thornberry states that if Labour win the GE, they’ll then go back to the EU and try get a better deal than offered to TM. Then they’ll call for a second referendum with a choice of Remain or leave with this new deal.
Piers Morgan slaughtered her for that and rightfully so.
The bottom line is Labour do not want to leave and will do whatever it takes to get their way.

Farage (regardless of your thoughts on him) is the only one that’s been consistent over past three years. If Farage and BJ team up then it’s game over for Labour.

Dianne Abbot reminds me of Leigh Francis take on Mel B on “Bo Selecta”

This is another class Dianne Abbot interview.

&

Except there's plenty examples of Farage saying he'd be happy with a Norway style deal (in the EEA & Single Market) during the referendum campaign - so he's not been consistent after all.

Guest TPAFKATS
FFs , your not supposed to say that on here ! They be along with their pitchforks , chanting that you are a misogynist. They hold here sacred dont you know
No, most of us have moved on from the 1970s though.

Guest TPAFKATS
Europe have said they wont do a deal with Johnson. The so called Backstop is a red herring , there are already border checks in place , the two trade areas already have different currencies , different governments etc just another attempt by the junta  to try and stop us leaving and May fell for it.
As far as what Davidson , etc are saying l'm not interested . The current paraliament is full of politicains that cannot be trusted . Maybe Billy Connoly was right when he said that the  desire someone has to become a politician should immediately bar them from being one, for life
As far as rose tinnted glasses accusations go , I could say the same about your description of the shitfest as the worlds largest trading block but I'm not that kind of guy.
The truth is that it comes down to acceptance level and the British have a different acceptance level  when comes to government, than Europeans do , especially the types that want to dominate from central Europe and dictate terms like when we can fish our own waters and what we can catch (we should bring back the 200 mile limit like Norway, Fareos and Iceland). There was no way that the British people were going to accept the EEC never mind a Union , so Europe paid an alegeded paedophile to sign the Treaty of Rome against the public interest . I wonder how many other British politicians got paid by them?
As I mentioned before , independence in Europe is not independence nor is it nationalism either , it is simply selling the shirt . .l wonder what is in it for her
A deal was agreed, however May couldn't get it through parliament. Its not up to EU to take the lead and negotiate another deal as they've agreed one, if UK wants or needs to change that deal then UK needs to take the lead and come up with proposals.
So far UK gov hasn't done this and is happy to do with no deal.
Anything to get out by end of 2019 so that the new EU tax regs don't affect those with their millions in off shore accounts.

What border checks are in place on ireland? There are signs telling you the speed signs change from km to miles per hour...

Over 3 years ago we could've easily left on EFTA basis but that would've involved trading with EU on their rules and regs.
May decided not to do that.

Except there's plenty examples of Farage saying he'd be happy with a Norway style deal (in the EEA & Single Market) during the referendum campaign - so he's not been consistent after all.

My point being Farage was / is prepared to leave under WTO terms. That’s what I was referring to. A deal along the lines of the Norway deal would have been seen as a compromise and one he would probably be prepared to accept.
Even TM stated “that a No deal was better than a bad deal”

Guest TPAFKATS
I have covered all that above Buddy. The UK parlaiment is a shambles mainly because politicians who got voted in saying that they would honour the referendum that Cameron said would be binding have now shown their true colours by going against the result . We now have the Labour party trying to stop us leaving and stop a general election , which is badly needed . As I said to the Bud who is a Baker above , we are not going to convince each other to the contrary of our current positions on Europe.
Remember the chaos when Lamont took us into the ERM? That is just a taste of what will happen if they ever get to foist the Euro on us
A general election isn't the answer. Sorting brexit is what is needed.
If the ERG had voted for a simple efta based brexit we would've left ages ago and the SNP would be polling lower as well.

No one is forcing UK into the euro either. Mind you, its looking quite stable compared to sterling these days.

4 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Not yet

BBC Euro Article from this year

Nine current countries are EU members but not users of the Euro.

Both Denmark and the UK have opt-outs on the Euro.

A country can choose to give up their opt-outs, but the EU cannot force you into giving it up.

Sweden held a referendum in 2003 where they declined to switch to the Euro. As of now Sweden is still not part of the Euro.

Since 1999 new members join the Euro in principle, but aren’t actually forced to complete the process. There is no end date or removal of your EU position for not adopting the Euro by a certain time.