Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Then you must surely understand the problem with saying things like "We’ve seen what’s happened in Zimbabwe, South Africa and in Trinidad. I don’t mean to sound crass or offend but when the likes of Britain gave independence it’s like the lunatics taking over the asylum. I know many Trini’s that wish the British were still in charge."

Maybe I could have used a different description (Lunatics taking over the Asylum) but as I said, it wasn’t meant to offend.
However, this is a very interesting interview which is basically what I said over a couple of posts. For what it’s worth. I watched another documentary where 63% of Jamaicans would prefer to have Britain back in charge.

6 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Maybe I could have used a different description (Lunatics taking over the Asylum) but as I said, it wasn’t meant to offend.
However, this is a very interesting interview which is basically what I said over a couple of posts. For what it’s worth. I watched another documentary where 63% of Jamaicans would prefer to have Britain back in charge.

OK let me re-phrase.

After all the damage we have historically caused in these countries, privilieged white people would be better off keeping their mouths shut about the state these countries are in. We shouldn't be moralising on the subject.

OK let me re-phrase.
After all the damage we have historically caused in these countries, privilieged white people would be better off keeping their mouths shut about the state these countries are in. We shouldn't be moralising on the subject.

It’s not a case of “moralising” and it has nothing to do with “White privilege”, I merely put across my findings from being in some of these countries......... first hand experience I think it’s called. That video only highlighted my point.
As I stated previously, we can’t turn the clock back 200 years or more and right the wrongs that our ancestors did.

When challenged by temporary speaker Christopher Omulele (Luanda) on how she intends to have farting and flatulence aboard air crafts checked and if possible stopped, she said special training of aircraft crew should be undertaken.

Ffs, with that level of planning she'd fit in well with Boris and his plans for how we will sort brexit. Obviously with her being a black African our PM may cause (another) diplomatic incident.

Nice wee racist comment to finish the post

21 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

It’s not a case of “moralising” and it has nothing to do with “White privilege”, I merely put across my findings from being in some of these countries......... first hand experience I think it’s called. That video only highlighted my point.
As I stated previously, we can’t turn the clock back 200 years or more and right the wrongs that our ancestors did.

No but what we can do is have the decency to back off and leave them to work out how to run their own countries especially when we are engaging in things like routinely locking up children because their parents had the audacity to try and move here for a better life.

If the days of "white saviour" syndrome died today it would be no bad thing IMO.

Edited by oaksoft

No but what we can do is have the decency to back off and leave them to work out how to run their own countries especially when we are engaging in things like routinely locking up children because their parents had the audacity to try and move here for a better life.
If the days of "white saviour" syndrome died today it would be no bad thing IMO.

I’m all for letting them running their own countries. I’m also all for the UK/US not getting involved in other countries issues (Iraq/Iran/Syria/Afghanistan for example)
The UK spends approximately £13.5 billion per year in foreign aid for such countries, just think what could be done with that for the more vulnerable UK citizens.
So if the “White saviour syndrome stopped today” I’m guessing you’d also want the foreign aid to stop?
However. I’m not sure what you’re referring to in regards children being locked up. If families (if they are actual families) entering the country illegally, have to be processed to determine they are actually who they say they are, so they are separated until the facts can be confirmed. I don’t for one minute believe these people are badly treated. They’ll receive medical care, food, clothing and accommodation at tax payers expense.
As I’ve stated previously, people trafficking is big business with children being used as part of it. Maybe it’s the traffickers the governments should be going for?

One government minister saying today that the NI backstop can be averted by aligning NI closer to the RoI on agricultural issues post-Brexit, another saying the transition period before we leave the EU could be extended till the end of 2022 over 6 years from the referendum date while over in Brussels EU spokepeople are denying any significant process has been made towards reaching an agreement - three cheers for Big Boris!

Guest TPAFKATS
One government minister saying today that the NI backstop can be averted by aligning NI closer to the RoI on agricultural issues post-Brexit, another saying the transition period before we leave the EU could be extended till the end of 2022 over 6 years from the referendum date while over in Brussels EU spokepeople are denying any significant process has been made towards reaching an agreement - three cheers for Big Boris!
Wouldn't this give NI a trading advantage over the rest of UK? Doesn't seem to be a getting a mention on any UK wide broadcasts or print media that I have seen.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wouldn't this give NI a trading advantage over the rest of UK? Doesn't seem to be a getting a mention on any UK wide broadcasts or print media that I have seen.

Yes IIRC Nicola Sturgeon was a wee bit nippy about it when it was first mooted and said we want some of that too!