Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

Just heard this on radio
Johnson turns up at a kids hospital in London, gets harangued for "destroying the NHS" by a sick kids parent.
Parent mentions him turning up just for a press opportunity.
Johnson replies "there's no press here"

He really can't stop lying can he. Contemptable c**t.

Just heard this on radio
Johnson turns up at a kids hospital in London, gets harangued for "destroying the NHS" by a sick kids parent.

Sky News have the irate fellow down as a “Labour Activist” who was obviously there at that time to make his point. He didn’t speak to BJ, he spoke loud enough for the press further down the corridor. BJ has been in the seat for weeks now, whereas the NHS has been in decline for years. That has nothing to do with Boris Johnson. Who made the decision to close the children’s ward in the RAH? Was that Boris? No......... it was Shona Robinson of the SNP. For years the Tories, Labour and SNP (though there’s not been many Tory seats in Scotland for a long time) have been shafting us either at local level or at national level.

Guest TPAFKATS

Sky News have the irate fellow down as a “Labour Activist” who was obviously there at that time to make his point. He didn’t speak to BJ, he spoke loud enough for the press further down the corridor. BJ has been in the seat for weeks now, whereas the NHS has been in decline for years. That has nothing to do with Boris Johnson. Who made the decision to close the children’s ward in the RAH? Was that Boris? No......... it was Shona Robinson of the SNP. For years the Tories, Labour and SNP (though there’s not been many Tory seats in Scotland for a long time) have been shafting us either at local level or at national level.
That's a huge level of whataboutery bud. I've only heard the exchange on the radio but I'm sure that was press cameras I could hear snapping away. Mibees it was crickets though.

My point was about Johnson and it remains, he's a compulsive liar.

That's a huge level of whataboutery bud. I've only heard the exchange on the radio but I'm sure that was press cameras I could hear snapping away. Mibees it was crickets though.

My point was about Johnson and it remains, he's a compulsive liar.

My point being chap. BJ is not the first to tell a porkie now and again, they’re all at it. IMO Blair and Brown have been the worst in recent years. Their lies led to a lot of military personnel and civilians losing their lives. We could debate politics until the cows come, but unfortunately politicians don’t listen to the likes of you or I.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Just heard this on radio

Well to be fair he is not "destroying the NHS". This sort of hysterical nonsense doesn't help anyone.

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

59% of Scots want to remain in the UK

It’s not coming! emoji1.png

The SNP claim it is biased because it uses Remain in the question and this presumably confuses people with Brexit.

I am not sure that the tactic of treating the electorate like idiots is a good idea.

The question was perfectly straight forwards.

59% said Remain. That is a worry for anyone wanting Indyref2.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

59% of Scots want to remain in the UK

It’s not coming! emoji1.png

If that poll held any weight, then why are all sections of the union movement doing all they can to block Indyref2? If that poll was actually an accurate representation they’d have nothing to shite themselves about. Instead they are all running around like headless chickens saying “No, Indyref2 can’t happen!”

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If that poll held any weight, then why are all sections of the union movement doing all they can to block Indyref2? If that poll was actually an accurate representation they’d have nothing to shite themselves about. Instead they are all running around like headless chickens saying “No, Indyref2 can’t happen!”

Just a guess but a poll result in the No supporting Scotsman might be no more reliable than one in the Yes supporting National. He who pays the piper and all that.... 

Guest TPAFKATS
Well to be fair he is not "destroying the NHS". This sort of hysterical nonsense doesn't help anyone.
To be fair, my point was about our current prime minister's inability to tell the truth. His immediate response was to lie. A lie that was so obvious it was ludicrous and immediately reported on by the press he denied were there.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just a guess but a poll result in the No supporting Scotsman might be no more reliable than one in the Yes supporting National. He who pays the piper and all that.... 
The poll was commissioned by Scotland in Union [emoji1787]

The SNP claim it is biased because it uses Remain in the question and this presumably confuses people with Brexit.
I am not sure that the tactic of treating the electorate like idiots is a good idea.
The question was perfectly straight forwards.
59% said Remain. That is a worry for anyone wanting Indyref2.

Not disagreeing with you chap, but just another point to add to that.
Currently if 59% of Scots want to remain, I’m guessing that same 59% are also aware that Brexit is only a few weeks away as it currently stands. Meaning. Why vote to remain within the UK knowing that the UK will be (like the Old Firm) out of Europe by the end of next month?
I don’t believe there’s the same appetite for Indyref 2.

Guest TPAFKATS

Not disagreeing with you chap, but just another point to add to that.
Currently if 59% of Scots want to remain, I’m guessing that same 59% are also aware that Brexit is only a few weeks away as it currently stands. Meaning. Why vote to remain within the UK knowing that the UK will be (like the Old Firm) out of Europe by the end of next month?
I don’t believe there’s the same appetite for Indyref 2.
It's one opinion poll, commissioned by a staunchly unionist organisation. The findings of it are vastly different from every other piece of polling I've seen in a while - probably since the last SiU commissioned poll.
It tells you what they want, like most opinion polls.

Where are folk getting that "currently 59% of Scots want to remain " ? I saw a poll today commissioned by a pro union pressure group where 59% of 1003 people said they didn't want another referendum. 59% of 1003 is about 600 people out of over 5 million. Some extrapolating there.

Guest TPAFKATS
Where are folk getting that "currently 59% of Scots want to remain " ? I saw a poll today commissioned by a pro union pressure group where 59% of 1003 people said they didn't want another referendum. 59% of 1003 is about 600 people out of over 5 million. Some extrapolating there.
1003 makes it a valid sample bud. As far as these opinion polls go anyway [emoji1]

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's one opinion poll, commissioned by a staunchly unionist organisation. The findings of it are vastly different from every other piece of polling I've seen in a while - probably since the last SiU commissioned poll.
It tells you what they want, like most opinion polls.

Although be honest, if that had shown 59% voting for Independence you'd have jumped for joy before remembering to be cautious. :D

You would have been forgiven for getting excited for a short while.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

1003 makes it a valid sample bud. As far as these opinion polls go anyway emoji1.png

Honestly I don't believe any of these polls beyond seeing them as indicative.

There is no way that support for the UK is really standing at 59% but I'm not convinced they've moved significantly from 5 years (was it really that f**king long?) ago.

If that poll had shown 59% pro indy given who commissioned it the game would have been a bogey.

Although be honest, if that had shown 59% voting for Independence you'd have jumped for joy before remembering to be cautious. [emoji3]
You would have been forgiven for getting excited for a short while.

Guest TPAFKATS
The DUP have, apparently, signaled a shift in their position which might presage an agreement on an all Ireland solution as long as Stormont (sitting) has a say on rules. Ermm.. Scotland? 
Smoke and mirrors

Are we really going to go back to EU with a proposal that allows a government to veto EU rules? It's another version of what we currently have ffs.

Our press will present this as big bad EU when they laugh at us and refuse.