Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

I can't be bothered finding the link and everyone's probably already seen this but there's a funny LBC (?) radio interview with Nigel Farage where someone called in to talk to him. I'll paraphrase roughly how it went.

Caller: I want to thank you for all your great work in politics over the years Nigel.

Nigel: Thank you.

Caller: I used to be an ardent Remain supporter for many years but following a monumental incident in my life, I have completely changed my opinion and now support a no deal Brexit.

Nigel (nodding): Hmmm. If you don't mind me asking, what was the monumental incident which changed your mind?

Caller: I was kicked in the head by a horse Nigel.

Now that was funny.

Guest TPAFKATS
I can't be bothered finding the link and everyone's probably already seen this but there's a funny LBC (?) radio interview with Nigel Farage where someone called in to talk to him. I'll paraphrase roughly how it went.
Caller: I want to thank you for all your great work in politics over the years Nigel.
Nigel: Thank you.
Caller: I used to be an ardent Remain supporter for many years but following a monumental incident in my life, I have completely changed my opinion and now support a no deal Brexit.
Nigel (nodding): Hmmm. If you don't mind me asking, what was the monumental incident which changed your mind?
Caller: I was kicked in the head by a horse Nigel.

Now that was funny.
Dangled the bait, massaged Farage's ego then delivered the punchline

The last thing ardent Brexiteer Corbyn wants to do is kill Brexit stone dead. He can't even bring himself to take a stance instead he wants to "stay neutral " until after a GE. He's a fekin lunatic as bad as Boris.

I think you are right.
If he really wanted it, he could get a VONC this week, get into power next week and kill Brexit dead.
He doesn't want to be remembered as the man who did that. Either that or he really is afraid of being in charge. It's all very odd.

The last thing ardent Brexiteer Corbyn wants to do is kill Brexit stone dead. He can't even bring himself to take a stance instead he wants to "stay neutral " until after a GE. He's a fekin lunatic as bad as Boris.

Watched Boris in a couple of interviews, he doesn’t really come across as a confident, knowledgeable man. He’s obviously a clever individual but if he had the skills in front of camera as Farage does, I don’t believe he’d be in the pickle he’s in.
If he joins forces with Farage at the GE, then I believe they’ll sweep the rest aside.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The opposition have the numbers.

Call a VONC, get rid of Boris and put in the interim government.

What exactly are they waiting for?

It's almost as though they are scared of how the electorate will respond.

Corbyn knows Brexit is killing Labour though. Stick to remain and completely obliterate their core vote in NE England, or go with leave and be the next in the endless line of failures who can’t sort it out. The PM job has been a poisoned chalice since Cameron called that referendum, it’s no wonder he bolted for it when Leave won, and it’s no wonder May and now Johnson are found out as useless cunts.

It’s easier from a Lib Dem perspective because they got ripped apart at the 2015 GE. They couldn’t sink much lower, so casting themselves as the big Remain party was only going to help them get back up to a better level. Labour have plenty of room to sink further, and any decision made will cause that. No wonder they are sitting on the fence at every moment.

More chance of a pact with Labour ie Zilch. Farage is an utter charlatan who should be nowhere near a Parliament and hopefully won't be. An opportunist of the highest order.

Watched Boris in a couple of interviews, he doesn’t really come across as a confident, knowledgeable man. He’s obviously a clever individual but if he had the skills in front of camera as Farage does, I don’t believe he’d be in the pickle he’s in.
If he joins forces with Farage at the GE, then I believe they’ll sweep the rest aside.

Guest TPAFKATS
Corbyn knows Brexit is killing Labour though. Stick to remain and completely obliterate their core vote in NE England, or go with leave and be the next in the endless line of failures who can’t sort it out. The PM job has been a poisoned chalice since Cameron called that referendum, it’s no wonder he bolted for it when Leave won, and it’s no wonder May and now Johnson are found out as useless cunts.
It’s easier from a Lib Dem perspective because they got ripped apart at the 2015 GE. They couldn’t sink much lower, so casting themselves as the big Remain party was only going to help them get back up to a better level. Labour have plenty of room to sink further, and any decision made will cause that. No wonder they are sitting on the fence at every moment.
Was it the 2010 general election that lib dem manifesto was demanding a referendum on the EU [emoji848]

Swinson certainly spoke in Parliament and voted for one (vote was defeated) around that time.

Another charlatan.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Was it the 2010 general election that lib dem manifesto was demanding a referendum on the EU emoji848.png

Swinson certainly spoke in Parliament and voted for one (vote was defeated) around that time.

Another charlatan.

Possibly, I was a teen at the time so I don’t remember much politically from that time apart from that the coalition would be pish and Blair was a warmongering knobend.

My favourite thing about Swinson is how she can tell us we need a second EU referendum while also saying a second Scottish referendum should be blocked. I can’t vote in GEs due to my nationality but while I am a Remainer, there’s absolutely no chance of me voting Lib Dem. It’s a shame actually as we have some very good LD people down here, our last LD MP Dan Rogerson was fantastic and there’s a local guy representing part of the town in Cornwall Council who does an excellent job too as an individual. Unfortunately the party can’t be trusted and if I could vote I’d be voting for the Greens.

Guest TPAFKATS
Possibly, I was a teen at the time so I don’t remember much politically from that time apart from that the coalition would be pish and Blair was a warmongering knobend.
My favourite thing about Swinson is how she can tell us we need a second EU referendum while also saying a second Scottish referendum should be blocked. I can’t vote in GEs due to my nationality but while I am a Remainer, there’s absolutely no chance of me voting Lib Dem. It’s a shame actually as we have some very good LD people down here, our last LD MP Dan Rogerson was fantastic and there’s a local guy representing part of the town in Cornwall Council who does an excellent job too as an individual. Unfortunately the party can’t be trusted and if I could vote I’d be voting for the Greens.
My brother in law laments the loss of the old Cornish Liberal mps.

Despite being a unionist he also wishes he had the option of SNP down there [emoji1]
Genuinely feels he has no one to vote for.

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

My brother in law laments the loss of the old Cornish Liberal mps.

Despite being a unionist he also wishes he had the option of SNP down there emoji1.png
Genuinely feels he has no one to vote for.

I’ve seen a fair few of the English on social media applauding the way the SNP stand up to the government, and indeed saying if the SNP operated in their constituency they’d vote for them.

As I said above I can’t vote but the Greens are the closest thing IMO. There are some fantastic individual Lib Dem MPs but the party as a whole is not to be trusted. They are still strong in Cornwall, usually known as the main opposition to Tories so they benefit from a lot of tactical Labour voters (although there were a couple of constituencies where Lab came 2nd ahead of the LDs).

Just as you think this c**t can't stoop any lower he sets a new low by bringing the "memory" of Jo Cox into the Brexit debate. An utterly contemptible human being who will seemingly stop at nothing. f**k him and anyone claiming to support him who are equally as contemptible by association.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Just as you think this c**t can't stoop any lower he sets a new low by bringing the "memory" of Jo Cox into the Brexit debate. An utterly contemptible human being who will seemingly stop at nothing. f**k him and anyone claiming to support him who are equally as contemptible by association.

Did he bring her name into the debate? 

Tried to watch a bit of that "debate" last night

Boris trying to speak and all you could hear was opponents drowning him out. It was like one of those weird videos you see from America where protesters decide someones speech should be "shut down" / "cancelled"

Embarrassing that these c*nts have actually been elected to represent us. You get better debates on here :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm no fan of Boris. I watched all of his speech live on TV. I disagree with almost everything he said and how he said it. Jo Cox was raised by female Labour MP's, including the present MP in her old constituency. They raised her to highlight the dangers and threats to MP's safety and urged him to moderate his language to be less intemperate. He then replied mentioning Jo Cox. 

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Tried to watch a bit of that "debate" last night

Boris trying to speak and all you could hear was opponents drowning him out. It was like one of those weird videos you see from America where protesters decide someones speech should be "shut down" / "cancelled"

Embarrassing that these c*nts have actually been elected to represent us. You get better debates on here :lol: 

I watched a lot of the debate and had no difficulty hearing what Boris had to say. The attempted drowning out od speakers came from both sides of the house. What got my back up was the applause when Boris entered the house and his complete failure to apologise for his misguided prorogation of parliament.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Don't get you ?  He was responding to a request to moderate his language and behaviour given what had happened to Jo Cox  - I assume you have seen his response, a total and utter disgrace. 

Sorry, you initially said he brought her name into the debate, not responding to someone else who had mentioned her.

My apologies. 

I'm out of this madness, maybe Tantang will come and join the debate. 

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, you initially said he brought her name into the debate, not responding to someone else who had mentioned her.

My apologies. 

I'm out of this madness, maybe Tantang will come and join the debate. 

Try to keep up on events.. Not easy these days though.. And with you all over the forum too.. Never a moment to rest. 

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm no fan of Boris. I watched all of his speech live on TV. I disagree with almost everything he said and how he said it. Jo Cox was raised by female Labour MP's, including the present MP in her old constituency. They raised her to highlight the dangers and threats to MP's safety and urged him to moderate his language to be less intemperate. He then replied mentioning Jo Cox. 

Similar to how Baloo was raised by wolves in The Jungle BooK?