Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

19 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Is there anything on that list that you’d say was an accomplishment?

I'd say that, in general, the list WAS the accomplishment.

There are few examples of bad grammar, spelling mistakes, poor literacy or sheer illogicality - which is a huge step up from the shite he tweets.

Does that suffice?  :)

Edited by antrin
ooops - illiteracy...

I'd say that, in general, the list WAS the accomplishment.
There are few examples of bad grammar, spelling mistakes, poor literacy or sheer illogicality - which is a huge step up from the shite he tweets.

Does that suffice?  [emoji4]

That wasn’t the question. Taking away the grammatical errors etc, could you tell me if anything his administration have taken credit for is beneficial to the American people?
I guess there are individuals that will never give him any credit regardless of what he’s achieved just because they don’t like him as a person.

6 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Is there anything on that list that you’d say was an accomplishment?

There may well be.

However, his racism, his refusal to accept climate change, his blatant lying, his bellicose  demeanour and all the rest, shouldn't just be ignored because he's managed a few accomplishments.

If the majority of America want someone, who behaves like a petulant five year old,in charge of their country, then they're welcome to him.

What worries me is his strengthening and unwelcome influence on our state of affairs, due the scheming tory cunts currently ruining our country.

There may well be.
However, his racism, his refusal to accept climate change, his blatant lying, his bellicose  demeanour and all the rest, shouldn't just be ignored because he's managed a few accomplishments.
If the majority of America want someone, who behaves like a petulant five year old,in charge of their country, then they're welcome to him.
What worries me is his strengthening and unwelcome influence on our state of affairs, due the scheming tory cunts currently ruining our country.

What worries me is having a Trump wannabe "leading" the government.

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There may well be.

Whatever may be wrong with things right now, our country is not being "ruined".

Guest TPAFKATS

That wasn’t the question. Taking away the grammatical errors etc, could you tell me if anything his administration have taken credit for is beneficial to the American people?
I guess there are individuals that will never give him any credit regardless of what he’s achieved just because they don’t like him as a person.
Hitler build autobahn and used to have the trains running on time.

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
Hitler build autobahn and used to have the trains running on time.

The latter was Mussolini. Much nicer fascist...

He was responsible for all the road tunnels around Lake Garda getting built.

A wonderful accomplishment.

Must have been a great leader then...………………………….

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Whatever may be wrong with things right now, our country is not being "ruined".

Before Brexit the £ was worth about $1.45.  Now it is worth about $1.13.

similar to the £ decline v the euro.

I’d say that that is a pretty ruinous (not to mention ‘rapid’) decline.  Ergo our country is being ruined.

There may well be.

If you’re referring to Brexit then I’d have to disagree. They (Tories, Labour, Lib Dem’s et al) have had over three years to get it sorted. That’s not a sole responsibility of BJ.
If the parties honoured the wishes of the 17.4 million instead of stalling at every opportunity then we’d probably be out the EU by now with a deal.

20 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

As for the Iranian nuclear deal that he pulled out of. I don’t know enough on that one but if as is widely claimed that Iran would have military grade weapon capabilities within a couple of years then I wouldn’t take that risk.
I believe that with Iran and North Korea Trump has made threats of military strikes to bring them to the negotiating table. I don’t believe he actually wants a war with them.

I can’t see Iran genuinely giving up nuclear weapons. When you see what the US and the West have done to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria in recent years, Iran knows they are next in line but the threat of nuclear weapons is the one thing stopping this from happening. The moment Iran gives that up is the moment the US destroy them.

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

This 17.4 million really is a joke figure

Agreed.

The Scottish referendum was a fairer, more equal vote. Your nationality did not matter, they did not deny the English, Welsh and Northern Irish votes, it was a simple matter of “You live here? Okay, here’s your vote.” The way it should be.

Instead, the EU referendum excluded EU citizens while allowing those of Commonwealth countries to have a say (as it followed the usual GE rules). As a result over 3 million EU citizens, for whom the outcome would be massive, were denied the chance to have a say. Some of us have lived in the UK for a long time, pay our taxes into the same system, in some cases contribute a lot more than some of the neds who don’t even try to look for a job. But this vote, massive to us, as per usual we have no say.

Due to the fact Scotland did offer a fair referendum compared to the pish offer of the EU one, I’ve never gave a crap about the 17.4m. Give us a fair vote, then it Leave wins I’d respect it more. 

For those who seem to approve of lists.

here is Republican Jamie Ruskin’s list (in May) of mild qualms he has about Trump.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jamie-raskin-donald-trump-misdeeds_us_5cd513d6e4b0796a95d93010?ri18n=true

only link I could find was in Huff Post - sorry about that.  :)

(I like how foam-flecked his lips are toward the end.)

28 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I can’t see Iran genuinely giving up nuclear weapons. When you see what the US and the West have done to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria in recent years, Iran knows they are next in line but the threat of nuclear weapons is the one thing stopping this from happening. The moment Iran gives that up is the moment the US destroy them.

Agreed.

The Scottish referendum was a fairer, more equal vote. Your nationality did not matter, they did not deny the English, Welsh and Northern Irish votes, it was a simple matter of “You live here? Okay, here’s your vote.” The way it should be.

Instead, the EU referendum excluded EU citizens while allowing those of Commonwealth countries to have a say (as it followed the usual GE rules). As a result over 3 million EU citizens, for whom the outcome would be massive, were denied the chance to have a say. Some of us have lived in the UK for a long time, pay our taxes into the same system, in some cases contribute a lot more than some of the neds who don’t even try to look for a job. But this vote, massive to us, as per usual we have no say.

Due to the fact Scotland did offer a fair referendum compared to the pish offer of the EU one, I’ve never gave a crap about the 17.4m. Give us a fair vote, then it Leave wins I’d respect it more. 

As a Scot who lives in the UK, works in Scotland, sounds very Paisley, is recognised as VERY PROUDLY SCOTTISH by all who meet me and will be impacted by any decision taken, I know the Indyref was not at all fair.

someone who was only a fortnight or so in Scotland, newly arrived from Afghanistan to be a student, could vote, but I and all other expats could not.

About 200,000 French people living in London and surrounds can vote in their ordinary elections, but the SNP declared it too hard to afford Scotland’s own expats the same right.

Don't use any Indy ref as a “fair” example.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
As a Scot who lives in the UK, works in Scotland, sounds very Paisley, is recognised as VERY PROUDLY SCOTTISH by all who meet me and will be impacted by any decision taken, I know the Indyref was not at all fair.
someone who was only a fortnight or so in Scotland, newly arrived from Afghanistan to be a student, could vote, but I and all other expats could not.
About 200,000 French people living in London and surrounds can vote in their ordinary elections, but the SNP declared it too hard to afford Scotland’s own expats the same right.

I know this has been a bug bear of yours and other ex pats on here like bulto [emoji849]

I still believe it was better to allow those living in Scotland a vote as opposed to the brexit vote where they were excluded and those who had left UK for abroad were allowed a vote.

I think in the French example, they turn up at the embassy to register their vote? I'm sure this will happen post indy once Scotland has its own embassies [emoji4]

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

I’m going to guess that the difficulty with Scottish ex-pats is that until we are independent, on paper there is no such thing as a “Scottish citizen.” Of course myself and many other Indy supporters would disagree with that statement, but until that day comes the system has you down as a “British ex-pat”. I will only guess that the problem lies within that.

Other countries don’t have that problem because they aren’t in Scotland’s position - as a Belgian citizen I can vote in their elections. Scotland is in a unique position (as is Wales and NI), and a very unfortunate position at that.

I’ll also add appearance isn’t everything - being pedantic here but I am also recognised as Scottish by everyone I meet, and very strongly at that, yet my passport tells you I’m Belgian. I am of course proud to call myself Scottish, but my documents say otherwise.

Edited by Cornwall_Saint

13 hours ago, antrin said:

Before Brexit the £ was worth about $1.45.  Now it is worth about $1.13.

similar to the £ decline v the euro.

I’d say that that is a pretty ruinous (not to mention ‘rapid’) decline.  Ergo our country is being ruined.

How does that make our country "ruined"? :lol:

Calm down FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How does that make our country "ruined"? :lol:

Calm down FFS.

I'D say with a fair degree of certainty that you understand the point very well. Alternatively you are selling the former Labour Prime Minister's fable that a Pound in Your Pocket is Still a Pound in Your pocket. Are you a closet Labour man?