Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

Gaining independence and a no deal Brexit or just Brexit IMO would result in very different endgames.

Sadly unfettered idiocy and gross incompetence on the part of the UK government is what will follow Brexit, if the last few years are anything to go by. Again in my opinion.

If I'm wrong, I'll put my hands up an admit it. However, I'm pretty confident that I won't be.

I'm pretty confident that you will be.

Both endgames are about countries being independent . I am all for countries being independent .

Is it possible that , on the off chance that , the same forces that rallied to thwart a Yes vote in Scotland are now working to thwart leaving Europe going through . .just a thought , that's all . .

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You don't know where I'm heading? Is that why you don't address any of the points I raised?

Those who led the campaign to leave told us it would be the easiest deal to make.
Over 3 years and it still hasn't happened. This ain't Junker or EU fault.

Johnson still hasn't offered anything new to EU in his negotiations since becoming PM over 2 months ago.

Of course , how could it possibly ,  l do mean possibly , have anything to do with them ?

How do you know whit Johnson offered/not offered , does he tell you everything?

The reason l don't address any of the points you raise is purely down to my lazyness (obviously) and your  ability to only see what you want to see.

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course , how could it possibly ,  l do mean possibly , have anything to do with them ?

The reason l don't address any of the points you raise is purely down to my lazyness (obviously) and your  ability to only see what you want to see.
We are through the looking glass people

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

We are through the looking glass people

It looks like on a few threads now with different individuals , you attempted to obfuscate to try and keep an argument going . The invention of 'looking glass people' looks like another attempt to simply obfuscate. .

13 hours ago, antrin said:

Which wage slip? The wee yin or the big yin?  It was 1973, btw... History.  You may be keen on seeing it, I don't gaf.  That comment was simply to explain how I felt - unlike you - about a career,

Now...  Since when did YOU get to decide who could be proud of what?   :lol

I guess you can't be proud of one child if you have already let folk know you are proud of the other one.  You are no' daft. But that kinda shite is beyond parody.

I currently work as a bus driver/tour guide through the UK.  If my passion for Scotland was not genuine, I'd soon be found wanting, found out and binned.

I have probably seen more of Scotland than anyone posting on the Forum, but I have yet to see it all.  I still guide people in the Scottish hills.  I love the place.

If you think my passion for London blinkers me to Scotland then, as I noted earlier, the fault and short-sightedness is yours alone.

To quote another Londoner (like JM Barrie and myself)  "The man who is tired of London is tired of life."

But I prefer this about MY Scotland:

Scotland small? Our multiform, our infinite Scotland small?
Only as a patch of hillside may be a cliché corner
To a fool who cries ‘Nothing but heather!’ where in September another
Sitting there and resting and gazing around
Sees not only the heather but blaeberries
With bright green leaves and leaves already turned scarlet,
Hiding ripe blue berries; and amongst the sage-green leaves
Of the bog-myrtle the golden flowers of the tormentil shining;
And on the small bare places, where the little Blackface sheep
Found grazing, milkworts blue as summer skies;
And down in neglected peat-hags, not worked
Within living memory, sphagnum moss in pastel shades
Of yellow, green, and pink; sundew and butterwort
Waiting with wide-open sticky leaves for their tiny winged prey;
And nodding harebells vying in their colour
With the blue butterflies that poise themselves delicately upon them;
And stunted rowans with harsh dry leaves of glorious colour.
‘Nothing but heather!’ ̶ How marvellously descriptive! And incomplete!

I don't really care if this helps.  Or not.  :)

You've gone to a lot of trouble to show you don't care. :rolleyes:

Anyway this discourse started with you whinging about how it wasn't fair that you didn't get to vote in the independence referendum, but it occurs to me that living in London you would've got to vote in the mayoral elections. You can't have both - game over, dry yer eyes. :bairn

It seems clear that you're not proud enough to actually be part of Scotland and what it could be - just a dilettante wallowing in memories of 1973! :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
It looks like on a few threads now with different individuals , you attempted to obfuscate to try and keep an argument going . The invention of 'looking glass people' looks like another attempt to simply obfuscate. .
It's really just you and your other alias.

I'm not even trying to keep this one going as you are such a zealot over brexit that it's futile.
How can you debate with someone who refers to the EU as the forth reich?

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You've gone to a lot of trouble to show you don't care. :rolleyes:

Anyway this discourse started with you whinging about how it wasn't fair that you didn't get to vote in the independence referendum, but it occurs to me that living in London you would've got to vote in the mayoral elections. You can't have both - game over, dry yer eyes. :bairn

It seems clear that you're not proud enough to actually be part of Scotland and what it could be - just a dilettante wallowing in memories of 1973! :byebye

It wasn’t fair, it was political, as from April to October, I live and work In Scotland.  Your arse is oot the windae.

first of all, you elect yourself as god of what people are allowed to show pride in, now you’re the god of what elections people may vote in.

Why can't I have a vote, if I am Scots and spent more time in Scotland as students or new arrivals in the land?  As explained to you above, sigh, Parisians living in London and voting for a London mayor were welcomed by their country to vote in their countries elections.  It’s not rocket science...

Or...

Are you pining for the good old days when catholics In Ulster weren’t allowed to vote as they didn’t own property, is that it?

“It seems clear...”.    Only in your musty mind, I fear....

Clearly define what being “a part of Scotland means, (other than your confused nationalist feelings) and I might be able to understand what your real problem is.

I’d prefer “polymath” to “dilettante” but as you have no knowledge of me, you are allowed mistakes - though someone less confident could construe it as an insult -. but you’d only do that if you were struggling...  

and “1973”?  An irrelevance.

Your posts are not a good look for the recent suggestion that Scots would welcome back people who went south to work.  It seems Scotland might need them, but nationalists don’t think so..

Edited by antrin

His Ireland policy has descended into something you would hear from Chief Meikleson on Scot Squad. There will not be border checks creating a hard border....we will simply make the checks 5 or 10 miles back from the border ! Someone needs to point out to the buffoon that there are hundreds of miles of paths, tracks and back roads that criss cross the Irish border along it's entirety.  The maniac lives in cloud cuckoo land.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

It wasn’t fair, it was political, as from April to October, I live and work In Scotland.  Your arse is oot the windae.

first of all, you elect yourself as god of what people are allowed to show pride in, now you’re the god of what elections people may vote in.

Why can't I have a vote, if I am Scots and spent more time in Scotland as students or new arrivals in the land?  As explained to you above, sigh, Parisians living in London and voting for a London mayor were welcomed by their country to vote in their countries elections.  It’s not rocket science...

Or...

Are you pining for the good old days when catholics In Ulster weren’t allowed to vote as they didn’t own property, is that it?

Clearly define what being “a part of Scotland means, (other than your confused nationalist feelings) and I might be able to understand what your real problem is.

I’d prefer “polymath” to “dilettante” but as you have no knowledge of me, you are allowed mistakes - though someone less confident could construe it as an insult -. but you’d only do that if you were struggling...  

Your posts are not a good look for the recent suggestion that Scots would welcome back people who went south to work.  It seems Scotland might need them, but nationalists don’t think so..

Sure it was political but it wasn't unfair you're registered to vote in London, you got your vote in London. There are different rules for who can vote in Referendums and Mayoral Elections - not all of your Parisian friends would have been eligible to vote in the former. Check it out, it's not rocket science! :1eye

The rest of your long winded post is irrelevant and veers between arrogance & self-pity in an attempt to hide the weakness of your argument. 

See the source image

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
His Ireland policy has descended into something you would hear from Chief Meikleson on Scot Squad. There will not be border checks creating a hard border....we will simply make the checks 5 or 10 miles back from the border ! Someone needs to point out to the buffoon that there are hundreds of miles of paths, tracks and back roads that criss cross the Irish border along it's entirety.  The maniac lives in cloud cuckoo land.
This mornings news reported that he had denied the story about customs checks 5 miles from the border that broke overnight.
That was about 4 hours ago. Lunchtime news may report something else [emoji1]

Poor, Bud.  :(

You can't clearly define define what being “a part of Scotland" means, so you take refuge in 'there are different rules' etc etc etc...

I know that.  That is what I am challenging.

My unresolved perplexity is about what makes you so irked by me expressing my feelings on the subject?

And what gives you the right to say my feelings are wrong?

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

This mornings news reported that he had denied the story about customs checks 5 miles from the border that broke overnight.
That was about 4 hours ago. Lunchtime news may report something else emoji1.png

It's Scot Squad meets the Thick of It with a bit of Monty Python thrown in for good measure. It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact this lunatic is supposed to be running the country !

He now accepts the concept but denies the actuality. I have a hunch they are trying to come up with the most hair-brained scheme possible to ensure the EU tells them to GTF and they can then say "it all their fault and I ain't going to seek an extension from that mob even if the law tells me I must"

29 minutes ago, antrin said:

You can't clearly define define what being “a part of Scotland" means, so you take refuge in 'there are different rules' etc etc etc...

My unresolved perplexity is about what makes you so irked by me expressing my feelings on the subject?

My experience has been that ex pat Scots, wherever they are outside Scotland feel very drawn to their home country, perhaps more so than those of us who live there. 

18 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

We could have left simply and easily with a Norway deal.

Given that Norway already has a Norway deal (the clue is in the name) why would EU not want UK to have one?

The goalposts on what leaving meant changed and its now no deal that's the only show in town.

The backstop is there due to UK not being regarded as trustworthy when we give our word on something. Given how the last 3vyears have went, this seems obvious.

There was never any serious indication that any post scottish independence "pain" would involve trashing the economy and having restricted access to medicines.

The backstop is there at the UK's request, Theresa May realised her other red lines would nullify much of the benefit of the good friday agreement, so she added a further red line to try and limit the damage her initial red lines had caused.

Having agreed it, the EU  is rightly saying that they can only remove it if there is a credible alternative or a decision to stay in the single market and customs union- the alternative is to 3rd-country the UK in order to protect the EUs envelope.

54 minutes ago, antrin said:

Poor, poor, antrin.  :(

I have defined what "being a part of Scotland is"  you chose not to accept it which is partly why we're going round in circles. Once again my point is you've made a choice to prioritize London over Scotland - you're proud to be a Londoner, it's where you're registered to vote, but you're insufficiently self-aware if you can't see that this trumps your feelings towards Scotland which are now only sentimental. If you were seriously interested in Scotland's future you would reverse the situation.

The different voting criteria seem fair to me for elections of different magnitudes - once more it's your premise that's false.

Am I any more irked than you? You've matched me post for post so I suggest your "unresolved perplexity" on the subject is less than sincere.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 hours ago, antrin said:

Poor Scotland if this the level of your intellectual badinage...  :)

I am there April to October - and at other times.  I hope this helps.

You are a day late to the races on that one.

Maybe you should read the entire thread before responding? 🤣

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Or...

Polymath? Now that is genuinely hilarious. 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

On 9/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, Bud the Baker said:

@antrin Proud Londener or Scot, you can't be both - London sucks in too much of the UKs resources even Ruth Dvidson said so! Why don't you sell your metropolitan pied-a-terre and move back up, then you'll have the right to vote for Independence just like the 370,000 nationals living in Scotland have (2011 Census).

Why not?  Why can't I be both?  What are the limits in your mind - which is coming across increasingly as narrower than I'd ever imagined from your previous posts.

(It's more like a mansion than a pied-a-terre, btw

Or if you persist with pied-a-terre, then a couple of regiments' worth of pieds)

41 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I have defined what "being a part of Scotland is"  you chose not to accept it which is partly why we're going round in circles. Once again my point is you've made a choice to prioritize London over Scotland - you're proud to be a Londoner, it's where you're registered to vote, but you're insufficiently self-aware if you can't see that this trumps your feelings towards Scotland which are now only sentimental. If you were seriously interested in Scotland's future you would reverse the situation.

The different voting criteria seem fair to me for elections of different magnitudes - once more it's your premise that's false.

Am I any more irked than you? You've matched me post for post so I suggest your "unresolved perplexity" on the subject is less than sincere.  :rolleyes:

No, you haven't.  You've resorted to quoting electoral rules. 

Your lack of definition of what being a part of Scotland appears to be based on your personal anxiety/envy...?  what?  Then you try to find ways to justify your foibles.

You believe I can't be proud of more than one aspect of my life.

Do you constrain yourself in such a way?

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Polymath? Now that is genuinely hilarious.

You drive a tour bus FFS, stop fluffing your pillows.

:)

You've not got a clue, have you?

Basing your understanding of a word on your general knowledge of some bus drivers and their potential, and not seeking  contrary evidence.

Some 'scientist'!

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

:)

You've not got a clue, have you?

Basing your understanding of a word on your general knowledge of some bus drivers and their potential, and not seeking  contrary evidence.

Some 'scientist'!

You'll need to speak up. I can't hear you over the sound of you blowing that trumpet of yours.

Are your pillows more comfortable now that you have fluffed them? 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Why not?  Why can't I be both?  What are the limits in your mind - which is coming across increasingly as narrower than I'd ever imagined from your previous posts.

(It's more like a mansion than a pied-a-terre, btw

Or if you persist with pied-a-terre, then a couple of regiments' worth of pieds)

No, you haven't.  You've resorted to quoting electoral rules. 

Your lack of definition of what being a part of Scotland appears to be based on your personal anxiety/envy...?  what?  Then you try to find ways to justify your foibles.

You believe I can't be a proud of more than one thing in life.

Do you constrain yourself in such a way?

Oh yeah - it's clearly me that's irked. :rolleyes:

Same old false premises, same old mixture of self-pity and boasting, we've reached the stage where we're just paraphrasing previous  posts. - you can take it as read that I stand by my "foibles" - at least I've still got my marbles! :1eye

On 9/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, Slartibartfast said:
On 9/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, saintnextlifetime said:
Sorry, l fail to see any relevant connection there between the two statements. Has Farage upset you emoji848.png
Hmmm, I'll try and answer your question as best as l can.
Farage , not being in a position of power in 2016 wasn't able to do a Norway deal . May said that no deal was better than a bad deal and then came back with the worst treaty in British history.  .
Could it be that , possibly,  Farage realises that Junker and co would not negotiate that kind of deal ( the Norway one)with Britain and instead thought that they would use the so called Backstop to effectively stop Britain leaving??emoji848.png

I think it is more likely that Farage realised that, after spouting about it, the Norway model isn't what he wanted. For priveliged access to the EU market, Norway has to implement lots of EU laws like freedom of movement, workers rights etc. That isn't what the likes of Farage (or BJ) want.

In norway, all tax records are available to the public. We could stop the whole brexit thing in it's track just by enacting that one simple law😎

On 9/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, saintnextlifetime said:

Sorry, l fail to see any relevant connection there between the two statements. Has Farage upset you 🤔

Hmmm, I'll try and answer your question as best as l can.

Farage , not being in a position of power in 2016 wasn't able to do a Norway deal . May said that no deal was better than a bad deal and then came back with the worst treaty in British history.  .

Could it be that , possibly,  Farage realises that Junker and co would not negotiate that kind of deal ( the Norway one)with Britain and instead thought that they would use the so called Backstop to effectively stop Britain leaving??🤔

What precisely was wrong with her deal.. Leaving the Irish issue to one side?