Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
It's Scot Squad meets the Thick of It with a bit of Monty Python thrown in for good measure. It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact this lunatic is supposed to be running the country !

He now accepts the concept but denies the actuality. I have a hunch they are trying to come up with the most hair-brained scheme possible to ensure the EU tells them to GTF and they can then say "it all their fault and I ain't going to seek an extension from that mob even if the law tells me I must"
I think this might be similar to the 75 pension age proposal. Stick it out there then after the usual outcry come back with the slightly less ludicrous proposal (70 for pension) and make out that you've taken on board concerns.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You'll need to speak up. I can't hear you over the sound of you blowing that trumpet of yours.

Are your pillows more comfortable now that you have fluffed them? 🤣

Yup.

The kind of rational response I might expect from a 'Scientist'.

Perhaps if you turned down your Bunsen burners you could hear the world laughing at you.  :)

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Oh yeah - it's clearly me that's irked. :rolleyes:

Same old false premises, same old mixture of self-pity and boasting, we've reached the stage where we're just paraphrasing previous  posts. - you can take it as read that I stand by my "foibles" - at least I've still got my marbles! :1eye

There has been no self-pity - no need to boast - a few quips that you can take humorously or not and twist to your will, but PLEASE stop avoiding my original question:

What gives you the right to decide whether or not I (or people like me) can take pride in being a Scot or not?

Is this a nationalist thing?    Is this what Sturgeon says she wants to avoid?!

As It does rather remind me of Germany in the 30s - when some people were selected out for not being the right kind of German.

And you win - about that - such an attitude does irk.   And it should.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not being prickly. In what ways? 

Ricky... this has been done to death throughout the UK in the last couple of years.  If you've not cottoned on by now, a swift response on an obscure forum won't do the deal for you.

Google.  Go on - you know it makes sense.

Just now, antrin said:

My age isnae relevant - there are things called history books if you can take your eyes away from a screen for a minute or two.  Like Ricky - do some research!  :P

History is littered with lies...………….. I know I saw it on the History Channel:zipit

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Ricky... this has been done to death throughout the UK in the last couple of years.  If you've not cottoned on by now, a swift response on an obscure forum won't do the deal for you.

Google.  Go on - you know it makes sense.

Antrin. It was your opinion that I was looking for. I was a remainder and given the choice would vote the same way. I genuinely wouldn't expect to get  "good deal" from the EU, just the best one we could negotiate. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

There has been no self-pity - no need to boast - a few quips that you can take humorously or not and twist to your will, but PLEASE stop avoiding my original question:

What gives you the right to decide whether or not I (or people like me) can take pride in being a Scot or not?

Is this a nationalist thing?    Is this what Sturgeon says she wants to avoid?!

As It does rather remind me of Germany in the 30s - when some people were selected out for not being the right kind of German.

And you win - about that - such an attitude does irk.   And it should.

Godwin's Law.

You lose.

BTB wins the argument by default despite being out of line in what he said.

Did you hear everyone switching off when you posted that ludicrous irrational shite of yours?

There was an audible click.

I heard it from here.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Antrin. It was your opinion that I was looking for. I was a remainder and given the choice would vote the same way. I genuinely wouldn't expect to get  "good deal" from the EU, just the best one we could negotiate. 

Ricky I was a remainer too.

I also believe that the "Leave" majority was achieved as a direct result of outrageous lies and exaggerations by Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Jacob Rees-Mogg et al, all of whom have acted purely for motives of self-interest rather than in the interest of the UK.

If we should have a re-run of the referendum today it is entirely possible that "Remain" would achieve more than 50% of the vote, partially because the young voters who were underage in 2016 would sway the result.

BUT …..

IF we have a second referendum and IF "Remain" win that referendum we can expect a violent backlash from the winners of the original vote who will (probably correctly) see this as having their victory stolen from them. I genuinely believe that an uprising verging on civil war would erupt in the UK that could cause significantly more damage to this country (politically, lawfully and economically) than leaving the EU will do.

IMO the people of the UK should have voted Remain but the electorate were conned by Boris. Ultimately the result is the result and any attempts to change that result will have more damaging consequences than simply accepting it and moving on.

Time to take it on the chin and move on IMO.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I also believe that the "Leave" majority was achieved as a direct result of outrageous lies and exaggerations by Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Jacob Rees-Mogg et al, all of whom have acted purely for motives of self-interest rather than in the interest of the UK.

If we should have a re-run of the referendum today it is entirely possible that "Remain" would achieve more than 50% of the vote, partially because the young voters who were underage in 2016 would sway the result.

BUT …..

IF we have a second referendum and IF "Remain" win that referendum we can expect a violent backlash from the winners of the original vote who will (probably correctly) see this as having their victory stolen from them. I genuinely believe that an uprising verging on civil war would erupt in the UK that could cause significantly more damage to this country (politically, lawfully and economically) than leaving the EU will do.

IMO the people of the UK should have voted Remain but the electorate were conned by Boris. Ultimately the result is the result and any attempts to change that result will have more damaging consequences than simply accepting it and moving on.

You may well be making a good call there Wilbur. Should we ever have another referendum in Scotland on Independence then I hope it would be done in two stages, the first an indicative vote and the second on the terms of any agreement for ratification through a public vote. 

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's really just you and your other alias.

I'm not even trying to keep this one going as you are such a zealot over brexit that it's futile.
How can you debate with someone who refers to the EU as the forth reich?

Do you mean the firth of Forth. .

Ah yes , l almost forgot you like your labels. I have never denied that I'm pro leaving , l could just as easily label you an SNP zealot but what would be the point?

The so called EU is just a continuation of the German dream for domination of Europe , which dates back to even before their first big push east in 1914. Germany is a very large powerful nation and has been for quite some time , it is only natural that they would want to dominate Europe . Von Kuhlmann , when secretary of state wrote a book about it called , Limited Sovereignity. Its what they learned to do as a nation ,  Frau Merckel mentioned giving up sovereignity just a short while a go . All that happened was after two wars that they came very close to winning they found that they could achieve their aims by other means . .insideous means

I tend to think you don't like to debate anyway and no one is forcing you (hopefully) . If it upsets you that I know that the EU is German dominated then stick me on ignore . The truth doesn't care if you believe it or not . .

10 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

As the man said , do your own research or are you on a fishing trip. .?

Not at all. As I said, I was asking his opinion. He puts his arguments forward clearly and concisely. If I thought there was no value in his opinion, I wouldn't have asked for it. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

BUT …..

How could anyone know all the reasons why 17.4 million people vote to leave the EU and to sum it up like that is simply invalidative even for you Wilbur.

It is little surprise that remainers get labeled as "sore losers" when statements like your remainer one get banded about.

But of course , we are not out the woods yet . The chances are not matter what deal Johnson now comes back with , parlaiment are still likely to vote it down .

Despite the bluster , the EU are still likely to grant yet another extension because they still think we will change our minds , they did it to Denmark and they did it to Eire . .

Of course the difference here is , the British don't like to be controlled and that will never change . .

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

BUT …..

You are forgetting that by the time a new referendum can be held and debated it will probably be mid 2020, by which time approximately 2.5M souls will have shuffled off this mortal coil.  Now the majority of these will be elderly so will obviously have voted leave (I speak as one who had to listen to all these grumpies whose dream was to reurn to the good old days but mostly didn't have a clue about what was good about them) and will have been replaced by young people as you say.  Personally, I wouldn't have objected to over 65's being excluded because it's not our future at stake.  Give the vote at 16 I say and get rid of these old has beens like Bill Cash and the other over 70's.

Still, never mind, there's only 2 Prime Ministers till Christmas!

Edited by rabuddies
punctuation - I told you I'm elderly

15 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

How could anyone know all the reasons why 17.4 million people vote to leave the EU and to sum it up like that is simply invalidative even for you Wilbur.

It is little surprise that remainers get labeled as "sore losers" when statements like your remainer one get banded about.

But of course , we are not out the woods yet . The chances are not matter what deal Johnson now comes back with , parlaiment are still likely to vote it down .

Despite the bluster , the EU are still likely to grant yet another extension because they still think we will change our minds , they did it to Denmark and they did it to Eire . .

Of course the difference here is , the British don't like to be controlled and that will never change . .

"Even for me" ? Ouch !!

Perhaps I was using shorthand. Nonetheless I won't challenge your assertion as I do understand there will be a catalogue of reasons, even though I haven't a scooby what invalidative means (is it a real word ?).

Wouldn't the UK have to request another extension before it is granted by the EU ?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"Even for me" ? Ouch !!

Perhaps I was using shorthand. Nonetheless I won't challenge your assertion as I do understand there will be a catalogue of reasons, even though I haven't a scooby what invalidative means (is it a real word ?).

Wouldn't the UK have to request another extension before it is granted by the EU ?

Ordinarily , l'd say you were right but we are now heading into what may well be uncharted waters . The opposition parties were having meetings today so goodness knows what might happen now . .

Corporal Jones was right

Guest TPAFKATS

Heading into racism now.

Do you mean the firth of Forth. .
Ah yes , l almost forgot you like your labels. I have never denied that I'm pro leaving , l could just as easily label you an SNP zealot but what would be the point?
The so called EU is just a continuation of the German dream for domination of Europe , which dates back to even before their first big push east in 1914. Germany is a very large powerful nation and has been for quite some time , it is only natural that they would want to dominate Europe . Von Kuhlmann , when secretary of state wrote a book about it called , Limited Sovereignity. Its what they learned to do as a nation ,  Frau Merckel mentioned giving up sovereignity just a short while a go . All that happened was after two wars that they came very close to winning they found that they could achieve their aims by other means . .insideous means
I tend to think you don't like to debate anyway and no one is forcing you (hopefully) . If it upsets you that I know that the EU is German dominated then stick me on ignore . The truth doesn't care if you believe it or not . .

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Godwin's Law.

You lose.

BTB wins the argument by default despite being out of line in what he said.

Did you hear everyone switching off when you posted that ludicrous irrational shite of yours?

There was an audible click.

I heard it from here.

In these interesting times of overt fascism, attempted dictators breaking laws at will and nationalist mutterings, citing Godwin’s Law is great get-out for those following in murky footsteps.

i suspected some twat might drag that in irrelevantly, but honestly didn’t think you’d be the one to do such low stooping. 

my comments were laid out in a rational manner.

I object strongly to someone setting themselves up as an authority on who is or is not a good or bad Scot.  There have been appalling precedents set for that. 

I also regret that YOU didn’t audibly click off.

Edited by antrin

Someone must have used the well known Chinese saying to the UK.. May you live in interesting times with our electorate before they voted. We certainly are. 

Two choices.. Leave or remain. Leave won narrowly supported by the elderly vote (not mine) based on "information" now known to be false. Three years on, as another poster has said, the demographics of the present electorate have changed significantly. Both are reasons, to me, why a second vote should be held before any deal is confirmed. 

I do accept though that there is a danger of far right radicals causing social unrest. 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

In these interesting times of overt fascism, attempted dictators breaking laws at will and nationalist mutterings, citing Godwin’s Law is great get-out for those following in murky footsteps.

i suspected some twat might drag that in irrelevantly, but honestly didn’t think you’d be the one to do such low stooping. 

my comments were laid out in a rational manner.

I object strongly to someone setting themselves up as an authority on who is or is not a good or bad Scot.  There have been appalling precedents set for that. 

I also regret that YOU didn’t audibly click off.

I didn't say "good or bad" I said "sentimental not proud" but feel free to misrepresent me in order indulge your persecution complex.

Your comments were based on false premises and expressed in a totally OTT manner - total drama queen!

You got a vote in the city where you choose to live and now you want a second vote in a region where you choose not to live,  you're not Che antrin fighting for liberty - you're a nutter arguing with another nutter on a football forum. :1eye

PS - Six 'o bloody clock - did you spend all night fretting over this? :1eye:1eye:1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker