Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, saintnextlifetime said:

the EU is German dominated

That's a bit like saying Nato is dominate by the USA or that the world cup is dominated by Brazil of that Scottish football is dominated by the ugly sisters.

Things are what they are, in or out of the EU is not going change the simple fact that Germany is bigger and richer than we are. And if they are, then so what.  The way to change it by getting richer and bigger.

This imperialistic willy measuring is not going to end well. Especially for the English :lol:

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, St.Ricky said:

What precisely was wrong with her deal.. Leaving the Irish issue to one side? 

No freedom of movement. no guarentee to keep environmental and consumer standards, no comitment to retain workers rights. No comitment to frictionless EU trade. I can go on.

But it would mean that tax dodging would not be clamped down on. So good news for Reece-Mog and Johnstone

Guest TPAFKATS

Edit - Apparently the Tories (& the DUP - Kerching! )have made a reasonable compromise and if it all goes pear shaped it'll be everybody else's fault. :wacko:

Stunned to read this...

Guest TPAFKATS

In his conference speech yesterday Johnson claimed that tories have wiped out the national debt.

It's currently around 1.8 trillion more than double what it was when tories came to power in coalition in 2010.

Broadcasters don't seem to be picking up on this. Another day, another Johnson lie.

40 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

In his conference speech yesterday Johnson claimed that tories have wiped out the national debt.

It's currently around 1.8 trillion more than double what it was when tories came to power in coalition in 2010.

Broadcasters don't seem to be picking up on this. Another day, another Johnson lie.

There are so many where do you start. I suppose it's just more deflection by the PM

On 10/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, TPAFKATS said:

How can anyone "lose" to this level of debate emoji23.pngIt's like debating Alex Jones

Alex Jones likes a wee bit if casual racism as well emoji6.png

Do you lack comprehension? You seem to revert to the attempted insults of a 14year old when you  don't get the agreement you crave or concepts become difficult for you . Is that what gives you a wee toffee mallet these days  .

Your attempts at political correctness are pathetic. .

Guest TPAFKATS
Do you lack comprehension? You seem to revert to the attempted insults of a 14year old when you  don't get the agreement you crave or concepts become difficult for you . Is that what gives you a wee toffee mallet these days  .
Your attempts at political correctness are pathetic. .
I'm not looking for your agreement, I stated this days ago.
I'm not sure what concepts are too difficult for me, all I'm doing is taking the words you post on here.

Ps - you missed snowflake from your list of insults [emoji6]

I see BJs ex-rival for the job Rory Stewart has resigned from the Tory party in a speech where he read out BJs school report from 1982 :rolleyes: Stewart is another old-Etonian whose main qualification for the job seemed to be his privileged background - I won't miss him.

“Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies,” the letter begins.

Out of all his high-jinks & misdemeanours this is not even on the list of my grievances with BJ as it will have affected no one but himself.

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I see BJs ex-rival for the job Rory Stewart has resigned from the Tory party in a speech where he read out BJs school report from 1982 :rolleyes: Stewart is another old-Etonian whose main qualification for the job seemed to be his privileged background - I won't miss him.

Out of all his high-jinks & misdemeanours this is not even on the list of my grievances with BJ as it will have affected no one but himself.

Agreed...….……. we have so many "celebrity" MPs these days, who seem to have the ability to announce, with passion and conviction , their stances, and then 2 months later announcing the total opposite ……………….. with little or no justification...………...

Have to say- there is No party I agree with and NONE OF THE ABOVE should be on all future ballot papers- just give everything to the Supreme Court and be done with it 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

A bit hard, there, on someone who is (despite his Etonian background) perhaps not a bad guy.

He’s definitely not cut from the self serving cloth of those others, has done some amazing selfless things and got relevant experience in governing in a shit-hole country.  All before he became an MP.

here’s a clip from his wiki:

After education at Eton College and Balliol College, Oxford, Stewart became a diplomat, working in Indonesia and Montenegro. He left the civil service to undertake a two-year walk across Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, India and Nepal. He later wrote a best-selling book, The Places in Between, about his experiences. He subsequently served as a Deputy Governor for the Coalition Provisional Authority following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and wrote a second book covering this period, Occupational Hazards or The Prince of the Marshes. He later lectured at Harvard and worked for several non-governmental organizations, including as executive chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation.

Updated: 

I see that I won’t miss him either...

if he runs to be Mayor of lovely LONDON!  :)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/04/rory-stewart-resigns-from-conservative-party

NB my above statement about experience gained running a shit-hole of a country, is patently not relevant in a lovely London context.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
A bit hard, there, on someone who is (despite his Etonian background) perhaps not a bad guy.
He’s definitely not cut from the self serving cloth of those others, has done some amazing selfless things and got relevant experience in governing in a shit-hole country.  All before he became an MP.
here’s a clip from his wiki:
After education at Eton College and Balliol College, Oxford, Stewart became a diplomat, working in Indonesia and Montenegro. He left the civil service to undertake a two-year walk across Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, India and Nepal. He later wrote a best-selling book, The Places in Between, about his experiences. He subsequently served as a Deputy Governor for the Coalition Provisional Authority following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and wrote a second book covering this period, Occupational Hazards or The Prince of the Marshes. He later lectured at Harvard and worked for several non-governmental organizations, including as executive chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation.
Updated: 
I see that I won’t miss him either...
if he runs to be Mayor of lovely LONDON!  [emoji4]
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/04/rory-stewart-resigns-from-conservative-party
NB my above statement about experience gained running a shit-hole of a country, is patently not relevant in a lovely London context.

On the other hand his voting record in Parliament shows that he's just the same as the other tories you mentioned.

Aye, on the other hand, he IS Scottishy apparently.

Although I accept there is no possibility that he'd be permitted to declare himself to be  'proudly Scottish'.

I did say he is 'perhaps not a bad guy'.

He IS  a f**kin Tory which is never a good look.

Guest TPAFKATS
Although I accept there is no possibility that he'd be permitted to declare himself to be  'proudly Scottish'.
He's proudly British, even organised the building of a cairn near the border to celebrate his Britishness during 2014 indy ref.

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm not looking for your agreement, I stated this days ago.
I'm not sure what concepts are too difficult for me, all I'm doing is taking the words you post on here.

Ps - you missed snowflake from your list of insults emoji6.png

Sorry Buddie , how could l possibly know you were a snowflake if l have never met you ?

If indeed , l had called you a snowflake , no doubt , no doubt you would have called me something like a snowflakist or some other sort of politically correct nonsense . .

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Was a f**king Tory. 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:22 AM, insaintee said:

That's a bit like saying Nato is dominate by the USA or that the world cup is dominated by Brazil of that Scottish football is dominated by the ugly sisters.

Things are what they are, in or out of the EU is not going change the simple fact that Germany is bigger and richer than we are. And if they are, then so what.  The way to change it by getting richer and bigger.

This imperialistic willy measuring is not going to end well. Especially for the English :lol:

I take it that the reason you quoted less than one sentence of my post is that you wanted to obfuscate the point l was making .

You say "the way to change it is to get richer and bigger" Lol , how do ypou suggest we get bigger , annex Poland ?😃

I find your comparisons don't stand up to scrutiny but l'm sure that most Brexiteers would enjoy your comparing the Eu to a football diddy league , er , entertaining

As for it not ending well for the English( you better watch it with that one as the self appointed political correct police might have you), Alex said several times that they were our biggest trading partner so , what doesn't end well for them. .

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 hours ago, antrin said:

He's proudly British, even organised the building of a cairn near the border to celebrate his Britishness during 2014 indy ref.

Good for him!

I've always been big on solidarity, too.  :)