Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

Sounds like the same buckled , fake nationalist logic purveyed by the so called SNP , a party of fake independence and a pretence that they care about Scotland

wee Nickola Pilchard is just a small fish in a equally small tank , she should stop looking at the European Superstate with her rose coloured glesses

The European Superstate (once the UK leaves) will have 12/27 countries smaller or equivalent in population to Scotland, at least in the EU we'd have similar sized fish to swim with.

The population of England is 10 times that of Scotland (84% of the UK as a whole) - if you took off your red, white & blue glasses you'd realize that being a part of the UK stopped being beneficial for Scotland in 1979 when the Conservative & Unionist party came into power and ditched "one nation Toryism" in favour of neoliberalism.

Taking 1979 as a watershed year, you're correct that it's a different party, that's because it's a different world, the SNP is the only political party standing in the forthcoming GE which by definition prioritises the interests of Scotland - absolutely nothing fake about that!. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you don't have the answer then why f**king butt in when I asked someone else? :lol:

I did know the answer and I gave it to you.  You then asked me another different question. You've not very good at this message board, conversation thing. 

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Come on CS, that doesn't answer my question.

What bits of the NHS have been sold off that you have a problem with?

Link

Have a read of this one.

2 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Sounds like the same buckled , fake nationalist logic purveyed by the so called SNP , a party of fake independence and a pretence that they care about Scotland

wee Nickola Pilchard is just a small fish in a equally small tank , she should stop looking at the European Superstate with her rose coloured glesses

Seeing as you don’t think the SNP care about Scotland, can you tell us which political party does actually care?

It isn’t fake logic. It’s what actually happened.

Maybe the likes of yourself need to stop looking at the EU through those hate filled glasses, learn about how the EU actually operates and learn about the wide agreement needed between all countries before laws are passed. Then compare it to the English parliament which actually can, and does dictate how and what happens to Scotland, Wales and NI.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

The European Superstate (once the UK leaves) will have 12/27 countries smaller or equivalent in population to Scotland, at least in the EU we'd have similar sized fish to swim with.

The population of England is 10 times that of Scotland (84% of the UK as a whole) - if you took off your red, white & blue glasses you'd realize that being a part of the UK stopped being beneficial for Scotland in 1979 when the Conservative & Unionist party came into power and ditched "one nation Toryism" in favour of neoliberalism.

Taking 1979 as a watershed year, you're correct that it's a different party, that's because it's a different world, the SNP is the only political party standing in the forthcoming GE which by definition prioritises the interests of Scotland - absolutely nothing fake about that!. 

The problem remains, Bud, that whatever the result of any vote Scotland will remain firmly locked to the UK landmass, a bigger population and the continuing domineering effect of the mass of London.

shutting ears and eyes with mass caterwauling of “nana nana nana....” will change little.  Much better to stay and fight for a fairer society.

oh, I forgot to also mention that Capitalism will still be in operation.  Nothing it better likes than... divide and conquer’.

I have to say that i have no interest in persuading anyone on a football forum to vote for the SNP or eventually independence because there are much bigger fish to fry. I would say, however, that if the SNP is not to your liking feel free to vote for an independent Scottish Labour or Tory government....anything is better than westminster.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

2 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I have to say that i have no interest in persuading anyone on a football forum to vote for the SNP or eventually independence because there are much bigger fish to fry. I would say, however, that if the SNP is not to your liking feel free to vote for an independent Scottish Labour or Tory government....anything is better than westminster.

Realllllllllllllllllllllly, even the poison dwarf? Scotland would be a small country run by a smaller person with a teeny tiny intellect and being a patriot (NOT Nationalist) at heart I really worry that if she is the best that Scotland can produce then God help us because no other bugger will.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

The problem remains, Bud, that whatever the result of any vote Scotland will remain firmly locked to the UK landmass, a bigger population and the continuing domineering effect of the mass of London.

shutting ears and eyes with mass caterwauling of “nana nana nana....” will change little.  Much better to stay and fight for a fairer society.

oh, I forgot to also mention that Capitalism will still be in operation.  Nothing it better likes than... divide and conquer’.

So your answer is give up - no I'd rather take my chances with wee Nickola Pilchard, the  poison dwarf. :rolleyes:

I was watching NI questions on the Parliament Channel yesterday and a Conservative MP suggested the best Brexit solution was for the RoI to align itself with the UK Customs Area which would remove the need for a border down the Irish Sea and presumably move it to the English Channel - should the Irish ask to rejoin the UK to help with your fight for a fairer society?

What next rebuild the empire - maybe this is just the first step towards Boris becoming King of the World. 👑

You fight for a fairer London, I'll fight for a fairer Scotland and who knows maybe you, me and Che will meet in revolutionary heaven...:red

Edited by Bud the Baker

There was me thinking that the thrust of my post was the opposite of  suggesting that :rolleyes: “oppressed minorities” should give up!   

I have never seen a credible rationale for a divided Ireland... and feel similarly about this island.

There is no revolutionary heaven.

Neither Che nor I believe in bollox, so we’ll take a rain-check on that meeting.

In fact, if Christ himself stood in my way, I, like Nietzsche, would not hesitate to squish him like a worm.”

Realllllllllllllllllllllly, even the poison dwarf? Scotland would be a small country run by a smaller person with a teeny tiny intellect and being a patriot (NOT Nationalist) at heart I really worry that if she is the best that Scotland can produce then God help us because no other bugger will.

I did say that in my previous post. In an independent Scotland we have a democracy where the people would be free to choose who they think is best to run the country. I’d rather not be run by Westminster who don’t give a flying feck about Scotland or it’s people.

27 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It’s so ironic that the same city that voted to stay in the EU were let down by their English and Welsh neighbours... now they know how it feels to be Scottish.

Which of the cities is it that fits the description do you mean?  There were a few...

it’s just democracy those residents feel, not Irony, not let down.  We don’t always get what want, but if we try sometime we find we get what we need.

For what it’s worth...   :)

I think we are about to enter a long lasting period of purgatory, in which we don’t ever actually change our status with EU, we certainly don’t leave it though we might continue mulling over various ways of being like Norway or Canada. Or...wherever...

Swivel-eyed, Venusian, total, shoot yourself in both feet Brexit has had its chance: it proved impossible to implement.  Normal people now have a clearer picture of the carnage it would wreak, (already so apparent).

Bolox Johnson will fail miserably at the polls.  Labour will ‘win’, inasmuch as it will be biggest party in a coalition.

There might be a referendum emerging from that - offering Remain/Canada/Norway..... but crazy no deal will be canned.

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

Come on jaybee. Our current Prime Minister is Bojo the Clown, his predecessors include Mayhem, Dodgy Dave, the hapless Brown and Warmonger Blair. There are Leave voters out there who actually think Nigel F***ge is a credible option. We have other Leave voters who somehow believe rich Etonian “Nanny raises his kids” JRM cares about the working man or woman.

The current UK options are, like the previous versions, absolutely tragic. You can’t seriously think an independent Scotland would have options far worse than that.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

There was me thinking that the thrust of my post was the opposite of  suggesting that :rolleyes: “oppressed minorities” should give up!   

I have never seen a credible rationale for a divided Ireland... and feel similarly about this island.

There is no revolutionary heaven.

Neither Che nor I believe in bollox, so we’ll take a rain-check on that meeting.

In fact, if Christ himself stood in my way, I, like Nietzsche, would not hesitate to squish him like a worm.”

No, you asked me to "open my ears and eyes, stop caterwauling "nana nana nana" to stay (in the UK) and fight for a fairer society", to give up my views and accept yours. Now I may be wrong, but if I am then so be it, I'm gonna be wrong on my terms.

Interesting view on NI, I understand there's got to be a point at which UDI (sic) becomes impractical but would you really say the will of the majority of the population in NI from it's formation up until now (and I know we're near tipping point in terms of demographics) should just have been ignored. 

Was employed from Norway for 20 years as such was in Norway at least twice a year over that period. One of many things of note was Infrastructure great roads , bridges to islands not ferry's. Norway was known as one of the richest countries in the world so much so it was not touched by the financial crash there banks are in the black. This because it managed its Oil & Gas revenue properly.  This a country much larger than Scotland with not much more a population. Westminster blow all Oil & Gas money now we have unimaginable debt. UK politics is terrible also our country is built for the elite do a wee study on the history of the City Of London with it's own private Police force. 

Which of the cities is it that fits the description do you mean?  There were a few...
it’s just democracy those residents feel, not Irony, not let down.  We don’t always get what want, but if we try sometime we find we get what we need.

For what it’s worth...   [emoji4]
I think we are about to enter a long lasting period of purgatory, in which we don’t ever actually change our status with EU, we certainly don’t leave it though we might continue mulling over various ways of being like Norway or Canada. Or...wherever...
Swivel-eyed, Venusian, total, shoot yourself in both feet Brexit has had its chance: it proved impossible to implement.  Normal people now have a clearer picture of the carnage it would wreak, (already so apparent).
Bolox Johnson will fail miserably at the polls.  Labour will ‘win’, inasmuch as it will be biggest party in a coalition.
There might be a referendum emerging from that - offering Remain/Canada/Norway..... but crazy no deal will be canned.

I was talking about London. They now know, for a change, what it’s like.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:12 PM, oaksoft said:

Come on CS, that doesn't answer my question.

What bits of the NHS have been sold off that you have a problem with?

One of the rationales for privatisation has been that the private sector is more efficient in running services. This has turned out to be something of a myth: a number of corporations have withdrawn from large contracts or had their contracts terminated due to serious problems. For example,

• In 2015, a £800 million contract for older peoples’ services was eventually awarded to UnitingCare by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG after a tendering process costing over £1 million. Eight months into the contract, UnitingCare withdrew stating that the contract was not financially viable.
  • The private company running Hinchingbrook Hospital (Circle) cited financial reasons for pulling out of a 10 year contract in January 2015. This was just two years into the contract and just before a highly damning report from the Care Quality Commission on the hospital’s management and culture and the quality of care it provided.
  • In 2016, the outsourcing giant Capita was awarded a £330 million, seven-year contract to run primary care support services. Its bid included cutting support staff from 1,314 to 314, reducing the cost of the service by 69% (a saving of £60 million). This and other high risk strategies led to widespread failures, such as serious problems with patient record transfers, shortages of medical and other supplies, and delayed payments, loss of earnings and chaos for many GPs, dentists, opticians and pharmacists.
  • A report on the Capita contract by the National Audit Office in 2018 identified failings on the part of NHSE (e.g. it had not understood primary care support services well enough to set contract targets; and basic principles were still not agreed more than two years into the contract), while Capita’s failings potentially put patients at risk (e.g. 87 women were incorrectly notified that they were no longer part of the cervical screening programme). The British Medical Association (BMA) has called for NHSE to bring primary care support services back in-house.

Above a few of the NHS England services that have been outsourced over the past few years. The one with which I am most familiar is the Capita contract to provide GP support services which has been causing major problems since it began, one major one being the transfer of patient records when patients move practices. This transfer can take several months and some never occur. In addition Capita has made a huge balls up of the cervical screening recall service. https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.l1347?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvnds-HO5QIVQdreCh358AwFEAAYAiAAEgKLafD_BwE

On 10/31/2019 at 6:52 PM, oaksoft said:

Which bits have been sold off?

I was watching The Andrew Marr Show this morning and he quoted 7% had already been privatised.

I repeat my earlier assertion with the Conservative & Unionist party shifting to the right (source Philip Hammond ex-Tory Chancellor) it'll be much more if they win the GE.

11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
18 hours ago, jaybee said:

Come on jaybee. Our current Prime Minister is Bojo the Clown, his predecessors include Mayhem, Dodgy Dave, the hapless Brown and Warmonger Blair. There are Leave voters out there who actually think Nigel F***ge is a credible option. We have other Leave voters who somehow believe rich Etonian “Nanny raises his kids” JRM cares about the working man or woman.

The current UK options are, like the previous versions, absolutely tragic. You can’t seriously think an independent Scotland would have options far worse than that.

Appreciate your sarcasm and it is valid certainly, but yes, Scotland would get shafted on its own and the wee poison dwarf , well ah had a dug and even thogh it's been deed 5 years it's till got mare semse than she his...................... seriously