Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

25 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Johnson has simply undermined his own principals in order to capture what he regards as the populist vote , in order to further his career and get himself more power . He has turned the Tories into the Brexit party and whilst some Daily Express/Daily Mail/The Sun readers no doubt think that that is marvellous , he has simply sold the shirt and like his predecessors, tried to ram through some pretty horrible legislation . In addition , reading the Daily Express/Daily Mail/The Sun doesnae make you informed , it is nothing short of a scurrilous rag that posts loads of nonsensical, racist, xenophobic shite.

Fixed it for you.

56 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

I would be inclined to disagree. Whilst some may be inclined to think that what Ms Pilchard has done to the Party is indeed bonkers , l don't think nasty and bonkers are interchangeable , indeed they both represent different concepts entirely.

Pilchard has simply undermined the fundamental principals of the Party in order to capture what she regards as the populist vote , in order to further her career and get her more power . She has turned the Party into the Labour party and whilst some G*ardian readers like you no doubt think that that is marvellous , she has simply sold the shirt and tried to ram through some pretty horrible legislation . In addition , reading the G*ardian doesnae make you informed , it is nothing short of a scurrilous rag that made horrendous claims about Dave Camerons dead son

I'm sure you would but yet again you make a nasty, ill-informed post that doesn't merit a serious reply!

I see a Conseservative & Unionist candidate for one of the Aberdeen seats has been suspended over "hurtful" remarks on the interweb.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/tory-aberdeen-candidate-ryan-houghton-suspended-holocaust-tweets

I wonder how many BAWA regulars could survive the scrutiny of standing for Parliament...:rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
I see a Conseservative & Unionist candidate for one of the Aberdeen seats has been suspended over "hurtful" remarks on the interweb.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/tory-aberdeen-candidate-ryan-houghton-suspended-holocaust-tweets
I wonder how many BAWA regulars could survive the scrutiny of standing for Parliament...:rolleyes:

How did he manage to become the candidate without them checking this out? Were they that desperate or are tories generally just a bit racist?

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

How did he manage to become the candidate without them checking this out? Were they that desperate or are tories generally just a bit racist?

Tbf when their own leader has been outed for his comments on homosexuals, Muslims, those of a darker skin complexion, and indeed Scots, then the party doesn’t really have much dignity to begin with.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, oaksoft said:

And that is their right. It's the exact same argument levelled at Yessers.

As far as the NHS is concerned, I hate to break it to you but it is in need of radical reform. You simply cannot continue to throw ever more resources at it.

Radical reform? No thanks, not the answer. Throwing money it would a novel idea, inspite of public perception the NHS is massively underfunded and now even the tories recognise that fact.

The No 1 problem is not really heath related it's social care. Too many hospital beds are being used as holding places for prople with no social care. Working in the NHS with different care partners, you can clearly see the damage that privatization of social care has done and the need to rebuild the public sector presence in Social care, and puts to bed once and for all that myth that the private sector is more efficent and/or better simply because they are private. 

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
19 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

At the risk of being misconstrued, I'd say the Tories have displayed elements of racism in the form of certain comments made by certain prominent members that have never been subject to censure. 

However, you couldn't accuse them of being institutionally anti-semitic given the prominence of certain members who also happen to be followers of one or other of the strands of Judaism

Guest TPAFKATS
Im now reading the blonde haired, buffoon is going to raise NI threshhold, if elected.
These promises are getting ridiculous.

Compulsive liar makes promise after promise during an election campaign. Folk will still be surprised that he doesn't keep them [emoji849]

Guest TPAFKATS
Tories have had 9 years to do all of this too...
Yeah, running with an election slogan of Britain deserves better when they've been in power for 9 years is taking it to a new level.

Guest TPAFKATS
This guy claims that someone earning £80,000pa is not in the top 50% of earners. [emoji54]

Must think there's a lot of night watchmen earning £150,000pa [emoji23]

BBC News - Question Time tax row: 'I'm one of the people Labour will tax more'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50514656
Manages to contradict himself in his shout pointy rant.

16 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Michael Gove. Ffs.

The reality is that these interviews, news reports, investigations etc simply don't seem to matter anymore.

The electorate don't appear to be listening to any of it and are making their minds up through other means, whether that is personal gut feeling, the prevailing winds on Facebook, what their mates think or otherwise.

Politicians are no more exempt from the rules of marketing than any company trying to flog a product. It's a crowded space, everyone is shouting, nobody is listening and desperation is tightening its grip.

I think we've moved fully to a place now where charisma is everything. TBF it's been going this way since Tony Blair in the 90's. This is why Johnson is heading for a landslide and Corbyn for the retirement home IMO.

Edited by oaksoft

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The reality is that these interviews, news reports, investigations etc simply don't seem to matter anymore.

The electorate don't appear to be listening to any of it and are making their minds up through other means, whether that is personal gut feeling, the prevailing winds on Facebook, what their mates think or otherwise.

Politicians are no more exempt from the rules of marketing than any company trying to flog a product. It's a crowded space, everyone is shouting, nobody is listening and desperation is tightening its grip.

I think we've moved fully to a place now where charisma is everything. TBF it's been going this way since Tony Blair in the 90's. This is why Johnson is heading for a landslide and Corbyn for the retirement home IMO.

Johnson has charisma??? Wtf.