Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I’m very happy with last night’s result a Tory landslide and 48 seats for the SNP can only help the independence cause. Add the Brexit effect and it will grow even more. England voted Tory and they can have them.

Don't forget the Welsh

You would think the miners strike never happened

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

It wouldn't

Scotland doesn't vote Tory apart from the Follow Follow crowd

If there was a credible Labour party Independence wouldn't get mentioned

I beg to differ.

While the Rangers support will add some to the Tory vote there's considerably more than football supporters who vote for them.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I beg to differ.

While the Rangers support will add some to the Tory vote there's considerably more than football supporters who vote for them.

Ok the rich cnuts who made their money down in London and bought a house up here as it's cheaper to live

As they say the further North you go the more English it becomes

I will add them in along with the Orange Order

There is no working class , they don't see themselves as that and don't like the label, these brexit loving people yearn for the good old British Empire and genuinely believe this is the start of the good old days coming back, good luck with that ... meanwhile let's be having our independence back.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Scotland doesn't vote Tory apart from the Follow Follow crowd

Almost 700,000 people would beg to differ. There's a difference between not "voting " Tory and not "electing" Tory.

There is absolutely no doubt that the SNP have a mandate for IndyRef2 and any other Indy vote they want at a future time of their choosing.

No doubt whatsoever.

The unionist parties can't spend 5 weeks claiming this election was about stopping IndyRef2 and then claim that 48 seats is not a mandate for IndyRef2. That is absolute horseshit.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Almost 700,000 people would beg to differ. There's a difference between not "voting " Tory and not "electing" Tory.

There is absolutely no doubt that the SNP have a mandate for IndyRef2 and any other Indy vote they want at a future time of their choosing.

No doubt whatsoever.

The unionist parties can't spend 5 weeks claiming this election was about stopping IndyRef2 and then claim that 48 seats is not a mandate for IndyRef2. That is absolute horseshit.

Oh yes they can!

The Tories are already saying that the SNP did not mention Indy Ref2 during the election campaign but don't mention that the Scottish Tory election campaign put great emphasis on stopping Indy Ref2! :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, smcc said:

Oh yes they can!

The Tories are already saying that the SNP did not mention Indy Ref2 during the election campaign but don't mention that the Scottish Tory election campaign put great emphasis on stopping Indy Ref2! :rolleyes:

That's hilarious. Where are the Tories stating that Indyref2 wasn't mentioned?

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I dont think so.

A lot of the poor wee working class people you guys are all hand wringing over voted Tory last night in their millions.

I think they'll be fine this morning.

There’s truth in this oaky. But only the Rangers supporting poor people. I so wish this was a jokey, flippant statement, but it really isn’t.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I would imagine they wouldn't.

yesterday was about the British government.

Many people, I would imagine, might not have voted Tory but also don't want a separate Scotland.

I think they would, for these reasons:

EU citizens are stuck in a position where they feel let down and abandoned by the UK. Westminster hasn’t exactly been nice and helpful towards us since Brexit. We were originally told we’d have to pay a fee to stay (now rescinded), and have had to apply for settlement status with a pain in the ass system which doesn’t work properly (I know this having tried it myself). Scotland and the SNP seem to have been the only voices lending support to the EU citizens (The Greens too, but their influence is limited). Add to that the fact that Scotland appears very keen to stay/rejoin the EU where EU citizens would be able to enjoy the same rights as before, I believe that there would certainly be more in favour of an Indy Scotland than against, remaining part of a UK that has alienated them and treated them as second class citizens. It’s also worth adding that EU citizens were allowed a say in the Scottish referendum, but completely ignored in the EU referendum. That won’t be forgotten.

As for the 16-17 group, the results show the usual trend of older generation voting Conservatives while the younger ones were more likely to back the likes of SNP/Labour/LD. If this trend followed suit it would be highly likely the 16-17 group would be very supportive of independence.

Of course I am only guessing, but I believe the reasons I stated could well be along the right lines.

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

EU citizens are stuck in a position where they feel let down and abandoned by the UK. Westminster hasn’t exactly been nice and helpful towards us since Brexit. We were originally told we’d have to pay a fee to stay (now rescinded), and have had to apply for settlement status with a pain in the ass system which doesn’t work properly (I know this having tried it myself). Scotland and the SNP seem to have been the only voices lending support to the EU citizens (The Greens too, but their influence is limited). Add to that the fact that Scotland appears very keen to stay/rejoin the EU where EU citizens would be able to enjoy the same rights as before, I believe that there would certainly be more in favour of an Indy Scotland than against, remaining part of a UK that has alienated them and treated them as second class citizens. It’s also worth adding that EU citizens were allowed a say in the Scottish referendum, but completely ignored in the EU referendum. That won’t be forgotten.

As for the 16-17 group, the results show the usual trend of older generation voting Conservatives while the younger ones were more likely to back the likes of SNP/Labour/LD. If this trend followed suit it would be highly likely the 16-17 group would be very supportive of independence.

Of course I am only guessing, but I believe the reasons I stated could well be along the right lines.

Wasn't the decision to allow 16/17 year olds a one off?

Is it certain they would be allowed a vote again? 

It doesn't matter the demographic IMO, it's the numbers that matter.

There was similar "beliefs" before the last referendum, that didn't work out too well for the angry "yes" voters.

Again, whatever happens means little to me, if it goes the way I prefer, great, if not, I'll live.

The angst and anger generated buy some is startling and not healthy.

Financially, Scotland could not survive without increased and sustained immigration.

Sturgeon knows this and is cute in the way she presents it at every opportunity.

Today... Indyref2 votes are for everyone who lives and works here. Not just Scots.

It increases her chances of success considerably.

It's also the right thing to do given the outcome of the election.

Damn those tactical voters who listened to the voice of big brother in waiting!

Wasn't the decision to allow 16/17 year olds a one off?
Is it certain they would be allowed a vote again? 
It doesn't matter the demographic IMO, it's the numbers that matter.
There was similar "beliefs" before the last referendum, that didn't work out too well for the angry "yes" voters.
Again, whatever happens means little to me, if it goes the way I prefer, great, if not, I'll live.
The angst and anger generated buy some is startling and not healthy.
I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think 16/17 year olds vote at holyrood and council elections in Scotland now, so yes they'd definitely vote in indyref 2.