Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

On 12/30/2019 at 8:02 PM, Slartibartfast said:

I never said that now, did I?

I said that your claim that "without rich people" we wouldn't have any of those things is not demonstrable. Since (as far as we know) the sample size of "worlds without rich people" is zero, there is no way you can demonstrate what you claimed.

It's a perfectly reasonable inference given the paucity of evidence showing the average man and governments engaging in the same activity when they have had plenty of years to do so. You would need to be pretty naive to think that suddenly there would be this overnight upswell of economic activity from a group with hundreds of years of performing at a level of pretty much f**k all.

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
8 hours ago, oaksoft said:
It's a perfectly reasonable inference given the paucity of evidence showing the average man and governments engaging in the same activity when they have had plenty of years to do so. You would need to be pretty naive to think that suddenly there would be this overnight upswell of economic activity from a group with hundreds of years of performing at a level of pretty much f**k all.

But the average man would have more money in this hypothetical world.

Would he?

How ?

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Because of the hypothetical distribution of wealth in this hypothetical world.

That, however, is irrelevant to the fact that your point was not demonstrable. Whether or not I can prove that there are other ways for these things to come about is irrelevant to the fact that there is no way for you to prove that they wouldn't exist without rich people. Nice attempt at deflection, though. :)

Time to give up I think.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Because of the hypothetical distribution of wealth in this hypothetical world.

What distribution of wealth? You reckon that if rich people were abolished that their wealth would be properly redistributed in any meaningful way? You can't be this naive. Can you?

I am also still waiting for a few examples of major life changing innovations which made it to the market without the help of rich individuals. Nobody has stopped governments or the average man over the last few hundred years so where are all these marvellous government and average man achievements? Have they been tucked in a secret vault just waiting for rich men to be abolished before announcing a stream of innovations to thumping house music and a snazzy fireworks show?

I hate to break this to you but our entire way of life has been created by a tiny handful of individuals backed by private wealth and that will never ever change. There is absolutely no evidence of governments or the average man ever stepping up. It would be like expecting toothpaste to miraculously go back into the tube or perfume to return to the bottle once sprayed. You can't prove it won't do it but the likelihood is so small that we are confident enough to call it a scientific Law.

Edited by oaksoft

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

That, however, is irrelevant to the fact that your point was not demonstrable. Whether or not I can prove that there are other ways for these things to come about is irrelevant to the fact that there is no way for you to prove that they wouldn't exist without rich people. Nice attempt at deflection, though. :)

The other problem with your line of argument is that it allows there to be the possibility of a God because you can't prove one doesn't exist and this ruins pages of your arguments with sweep on another thread.

Be careful what you wish for.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
The lad does a great line in naivety. But.. He will later claim it was a wind up. Just wait. 

He's went for his other option - without waving emojis this time

Teaming up with the forum fool. :lol:

Oh, I do remember how this upset you so here ye go.................:byebye

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Teaming up with the forum fool. :lol:

Let me help you out here. Why not tell everyone about the new approach to capitalism in New Zealand or in the USA. I won't steal your thunder by giving out any more about these. Go for it Wise Man from the East or is that Wide Man from the East.?

Guest TPAFKATS
Teaming up with the forum fool. [emoji38]
No, it doesn't upset me. Must be someone else on here who disagreed with you.
There's a fair number...

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Neither have I.

Are you really sure you haven't though?

Even in the wank bank?

Wrong.

Sure.

Thanks. :byebye

PS Tell your new pal he's back on ignore, I only took it off to set him up like a kipper earlier on.

I never dreamt I catch Tantrum into the bargain. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

On 1/3/2020 at 11:20 AM, TPAFKATS said:

I can't believe that people are still naive enough to believe that there is a trickle down economics effect when it comes to billionaires.

For the love of god man stop f**king moaning.

If you want to improve your life get out and do it. Nobody is stopping you and absolutely nobody will do it for you.

Quit making excuses for yourself and others and take control of your own life to whatever extent that is possible.

Or don't. It's your choice.

Just stop f**king moaning and blaming others for things you could fix yourself with a bit of effort.

Sucking  the life out of everything is optional you know.

We'll all be dead soon enough. The clock is ticking.....

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Let me help you out here. Why not tell everyone about the new approach to capitalism in New Zealand or in the USA. I won't steal your thunder by giving out any more about these. Go for it Wise Man from the East or is that Wide Man from the East.?

I know you think you are being clever here but you are turning into the guy who was sinbinned a while back.

However, if you are bored and want to continue, why don't you help us all out by explaining why an economic approach in New Zealand would work in Scotland. You could then explain which other countries have adopted this method and if the answer is zero explain why. Finally, why is it that every country has its own system if solving the problem is so easy and obvious as the one you've asked us to comment on.

That way you'll save us all from wasting our time.

Edited by oaksoft