Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Just announced his House of Lords nominees, the usual mixed bag of ex-politicians & Party/Brexit donors.

Possibly the one of most interest to our Tory/Unionist forumsters is Ruth Davidson - the right wing press are already salivating over the prospect of her being appointed Secretary of State for Scotland. On the one hand everyone's gotta make a crust but it does seem to contradict her stated desire to retire to family life when she resigned as Scottish Tory leader. If she does get the gig will she be able to resurrect her "Woman of the Peepul" persona especially after her botched move into Consultancy last October?

35 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

"considers" is the word you want to watch out for here. :lol:

14 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

She sounds like just the type of honest, sensible person you would want agreeing with you. emoji38.png

Views

Huhtasaari believes that the European Union is going to collapse and Finland should leave it.[14] She also wishes for Finland to withdraw from the Ottawa Treaty and Paris Agreement.[15][16] Huhtasaari opposes Finland becoming a member of NATO, but supports developing cooperation with the alliance.[17] Huhtasaari is a supporter of United States President Donald Trump.[18][19]

Huhtasaari is a creationist and has stated that the theory of evolution is a 'totally impossible theory'.[20] She has also said that Finland could reject international agreements in order to prevent economic migrants from migrating to Finland.[21]

Thesis plagiarism

During the 2018 presidential election campaign, Huhtasaari was accused of plagiarising parts of her 2003 M.Sc. thesis.[22] The matter was investigated by her alma mater, the University of Jyväskylä, with the conclusion that only 10 per cent of the thesis was plagiariased, and that the plagiarism was not particularly serious considering the policies of the university at the time.[23]

However, in May 2018, Finland's national public broadcasting company YLE reported that approximately 30 per cent of the thesis was plagiarised, after an YLE journalist identified a previously unknown source for the text in Huhtasaari's thesis.[24][25] Huhtasaari responded by claiming to have written the dissertation in good faith, relying on any shortcomings being detected during the review process.[26] She also claimed to have followed the university's own guidance regarding citing of earlier theses, namely that such citations were (allegedly) advised against, as dissertations could not be guaranteed to be of sufficiently high academic standards.[27] To defend her integrity, Huhtasaari published a positive employment certificate for her 1-year-tenure as a second-grade teacher at an elementary school in the Marshall islands from April 2000.[28]

The University of Jyväskylä released its detailed report in August 2018, finding serious plagiarism and disregard for the scientific method throughout Huhtasaari's thesis.[29] As the statute of limitations had passed, the university will not pursue further action.[29]

Three strikes.

Guest TPAFKATS
BBC News - Labour calls for clarity over claims businessman paid for PM's £15,000 holiday
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51482220

The entry in Mr Johnson's register of interests says Mr Ross donated accommodation "for a private holiday for my partner and me, value £15,000".

But.......

A spokesman for Mr Ross has told the Daily Mail he did not pay for the stay and only helped arrange it.
Mibees Mr Ross is still expecting Johnson to pay for the holiday and just hasn't yet realised that he Johnson has no intention of stumping up the cash [emoji1]

26 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Johnson has a reshuffle.

Javid is told he can remain as chancellor if he sacks all his treasury advisors. emoji23.png

Javid resigns...

Javid was also told the replacement advisors would be hand picked by No.10.

The dictatorship continues to form it’s shape.

Guest TPAFKATS
That's a given. They'll be doing what Cummings tells them anyway.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That's a given. They'll be doing what Cummings tells them anyway.

The ironic thing is many of the people who voted Tory were complaining of “unelected bureaucrats” and the (non-existent) “EU dictatorship”.

Now it’s an unelected dictator running the country. It be f**king hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.  

Guest TPAFKATS
The ironic thing is many of the people who voted Tory were complaining of “unelected bureaucrats” and the (non-existent) “EU dictatorship”.
Now it’s an unelected dictator running the country. It be f**king hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.  
Most who voted won't care at the moment. Nothing has dramatically changed yet. Until it does they will believe they made the right decision. That's not a criticism BTW.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Most who voted won't care at the moment. Nothing has dramatically changed yet. Until it does they will believe they made the right decision. That's not a criticism BTW.

Aye mate I do agree with you. They’ll ignore it as much as they possibly can. Just like seeing the lights coming on the train track yet you still head towards them.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Will it be a benign dictatorship? 

Considering it’s Cummings it’ll be f**king cancerous.

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of Boris on this.

He has two priorities in this parliament.

1) Deliver Brexit and a trade deal with the EU and other countries.

2) Reward previously Labour held seats for voting Tory and thus consolidate those seats,

If he nails both he'll potentially stop Labour ever winning again in our lifetimes.

Now put yourself in his position and ask what you'd do to deliver on both of those things.

I would want any dissenters, useless f**kers or non-team players binned immediately.

I would want a single set of advisors across the departments controlled from one place to avoid the nonsense which crippled the last Labour government.

I would also want complete personal control over the governments agenda moving forwards.

I have to say that strategically I think he's doing the right thing at the moment.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
2) Reward previously Labour held seats for voting Tory and thus consolidate those seats,
If he nails both he'll potentially stop Labour ever winning again in our lifetimes.
Now put yourself in his position and ask what you'd do to deliver on both of those things.
I would want any dissenters, useless f**kers or non-team players binned immediately.
I would want a single set of advisors across the departments controlled from one place to avoid the nonsense which crippled the last Labour government.
I would also want complete personal control over the governments agenda moving forwards.
I have to say that strategically I think he's doing the right thing at the moment.

So he wants a dictatorship?

Aye, so shut it ya fanny.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So he wants a dictatorship?

You say that as though it's a bad thing.

Out with the old Chancellor with a shady past in HedgeFunding - in with the new.....

Two questions

1.  If the company had to pay an £8M fine then surely it's evasion not avoidance?
  2.  Surely it's a party matter and should be answered by a party spokesman not a treasury source?

Degorce and Sunak both worked for the Children’s Investment Fund Management, a hedge fund run by the billionaire Sir Chris Hohn, which also had links to companies in the Cayman Islands, Labour said. This week the EU has added the British overseas territory to its blacklist of tax havens. Use of tax havens is legal.

However, Degorce was also the founder of Theleme Partners, a hedge fund which Sunak helped to start in 2009. Degorce was ordered to repay about £8m in tax after he was found to have used a film investment partnership tax avoidance scheme.

McDonnell said: “Clearly Mr Sunak has questions to answer about his past activities and associations.”

Advertisement

A Treasury source said: “We will take no lectures from the Labour party, who seem to be stuck playing the same old political games rather than listening to what the public wants. The chancellor is focused on levelling up and delivering on the promises made to the British in last years election.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Out with the old Chancellor with a shady past in HedgeFunding - in with the new.....

Two questions

1.  If the company had to pay an £8M fine then surely it's evasion not avoidance?
  2.  Surely it's a party matter and should be answered by a party spokesman not a treasury source?

It's tax evasion for me.

Use of a legitimate tax avoidance scheme for illegitimate purposes is evasion.