Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Classy. :thumbsdown

I would say, true. He is trying to force people back to work when the structure is not in place to inhibit the spread of a deadly virus. He is trying to force schools to open without knowing whether kids can transmit the deadly virus to each other, in turn spreading it to their households. All this to make sure the parents can get back to the workplace without the aforementioned safeguards in place. I stand by the poster.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I would say, true. He is trying to force people back to work when the structure is not in place to inhibit the spread of a deadly virus. He is trying to force schools to open without knowing whether kids can transmit the deadly virus to each other, in turn spreading it to their households. All this to make sure the parents can get back to the workplace without the aforementioned safeguards in place. I stand by the poster.

There's been people working throughout this period. 

There's people, aye probably the same people you're trying to use in your example, that are flooding beaches and parks. 

The worst us over, life will go on.

It would maybe do us some good if fcukwits like you would lock yourself away with no internet.

As I said, classy. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There's been people working throughout this period. 

There's people, aye probably the same people you're trying to use in your example, that are flooding beaches and parks. 

The worst us over, life will go on.

It would maybe do us some good if fcukwits like you would lock yourself away with no internet.

As I said, classy. 

Yep. That post was really classy. I wish the worst you was over. One less moron in the world would be great.

I have been one of those working throughout this time. that's because of the job I do. 

33 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yep. That post was really classy. I wish the worst you was over.1) One less moron in the world would be great.

2) I have been one of those working throughout this time. that's because of the job I do. 

Usual avoidance. :lol:

1) What, exactly, is that meant to mean?

2) Big deal. 

51 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

"Thurs been a MURDER!"

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Usual avoidance. :lol:

1) What, exactly, is that meant to mean?

2) Big deal. 

1) I thought you were typing in your usual pigeon English. "The worst us over".

2) You obviously thought it a big deal that people were working throughout. I was merely pointing out that I was one who had to continue working due to the nature of my work.

I avoided nothing. If some idiots want to put themselves at risk, that's there responsibility. 

For a Government to try to force kids to school simply so they can try to force people to put themselves in harms way is despicable.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

1) I thought you were typing in your usual pigeon English. "The worst us over".

2) You obviously thought it a big deal that people were working throughout. I was merely pointing out that I was one who had to continue working due to the nature of my work.

I avoided nothing. If some idiots want to put themselves at risk, that's there responsibility. 

For a Government to try to force kids to school simply so they can try to force people to put themselves in harms way is despicable.

Kids are already at school, do you live in a cave?

People are already working, why should't other people return to work? 

Tell us, how long do you think kids should stay off school, not avoiding the damage that's doing to them, and when should people return to work, not avoiding the longer people don't work the already considerable total of people losing their jobs would go through the roof?

Cannie wait for this.

Oh, the WORST is over, get over yourself. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Tell us, how long do you think kids should stay off school, not avoiding the damage that's doing to them, and when should people return to work, not avoiding the longer people don't work the already considerable total of people losing their jobs would go through the roof?

Cannie wait for this.

What a nightmare being in govenment trying to deal with COVID-19. There is virtually no decision you can make that you will not be hung out to try.

18 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

What a nightmare being in govenment trying to deal with COVID-19. There is virtually no decision you can make that you will not be hung out to try.

That is correct, going back to schools returning the evidence points to children having a higher resistance to Covid than adults, it's the ancillary issues of teaching and all the support staff returning to work in conditions where social distancing is not always possible and before the Trak'n'Trace system has been properly sorted that seems the main problem to me.

Edited by Bud the Baker

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Cannie wait for this.

Until the 11th of August.

Even then, there is not a chance in hell that social distancing will be able to be implemented in schools.

Having been party to several meetings over the past few days, it has become clear that the authorities and the schools themselves don't have clue how they are going to make anything work within the current safety guidelines in schools, in August, never mind June.

There could be far greater damage done to the pupils, their families, school staff and society in general, by rushing them back with no robust plans in place, than keeping them off for a couple of months.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Even then, there is not a chance in hell that social distancing will be able to be implemented in schools.

Having been party to several meetings over the past few days, it has become clear that the authorities and the schools themselves don't have clue how they are going to make anything work within the safety guidelines in schools, in August, never mind June.

There could be far greater damage done to the pupils, their families, school staff and society in general, by rushing them back with no robust plans in place, than keeping them off for a couple of months.

It's an easier answer in Scotland, the school year is almost over, not so in England.

As I've already said, schools have been operating, albeit on a very low ratio of children/teachers.

Nothing, until a vaccine is available, will be 100% safe, as is the case with any "normal" dangers that exist in society.

If any pupils, teachers or other staff have any underlying conditions, keep them safe and away from mixing. 

As for far greater damage, indeed, but a very very slim chance.

I would suggest more danger from road traffic. 

Don't misunderstand me, I, as I'd assume everybody, have some concerns but things will have to move, in some way, and soon.  

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Having been party to several meetings over the past few days, it has become clear that the authorities and the schools themselves don't have clue how they are going to make anything work within the current safety guidelines in schools, in August, never mind June.

All the schools are back in Denmark why can't we get them back in August ?

In Denmark there has been no issues so far ?

We need to get to a "new" normal very soon or parents won't have jobs ?

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's an easier answer in Scotland, the school year is almost over, not so in England.

As I've already said, schools have been operating, albeit on a very low ratio of children/teachers.

Nothing, until a vaccine is available, will be 100% safe, as is the case with any "normal" dangers that exist in society.

If any pupils, teachers or other staff have any underlying conditions, keep them safe and away from mixing. 

As for far greater damage, indeed, but a very very slim chance.

I would suggest more danger from road traffic. 

Don't misunderstand me, I, as I'd assume everybody, have some concerns but things will have to move, in some way, and soon.  

Of course, if there's a robust plan in place.

Given my experiences over the past few weeks, there can't possibly be such a plan in place for schools to go back as early as June.

It would seem that the majority of councils in England agree with me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52758363

The quote below sums it up.

Meanwhile Unison, which represents many school support staff, said members had little confidence in government reassurances that English schools will be safe to open to more pupils from 1 June.

An overwhelming 96% of 42,000 teaching assistants, cleaners, technicians and office staff surveyed by the union, said they felt ministers had not put safety first in their reopening plans.

I asked the question of what was the level of provision of PPE for staff when we go back. "We don't know" was the answer. Unsurprisingly this was quite a common answer. As long as there are "Don't know" answers to important questions, nobody should be stepping foot back into their place of work.

I'll be back in work in June and none of the questions I asked were able to be answered.

7 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

All the schools are back in Denmark why can't we get them back in August ?

In Denmark there has been no issues so far ?

We need to get to a "new" normal very soon or parents won't have jobs ?

Scotland (or UK) isn't Denmark.

Denmark's lockdown started at the right time and relatively few lives were lost, compared to our sorry state.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-20/how-denmark-sent-children-safely-back-to-school/

I had to laugh at the thought of a school in the UK employing an extra 30% of staff to boost teacher numbers in order to allow the classes to be taught. You can't even get sufficient supply staff when you need them. 

Not.Going.To.Happen.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Of course, if there's a robust plan in place.

Given my experiences over the past few weeks, there can't possibly be such a plan in place for schools to go back as early as June.

It would seem that the majority of councils in England agree with me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52758363

The quote below sums it up.

I asked the question of what was the level of provision of PPE for staff when we go back. "We don't know" was the answer. Unsurprisingly this was quite a common answer. As long as there are "Don't know" answers to important questions, nobody should be stepping foot back into their place of work.

I'll be back in work in June and none of the questions I asked were able to be answered.

We're losing sight of the actual risk.

Other people have been working throughout and have managed to put a robust plan in place, no reason schools can't.

I'm not really wanting to go over old ground, and I'm not concentrating on schools.

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Scotland isn't Denmark.

Yes I get that but if Denmark is agile enough in its thinking and can adapt then why not Scotland. Don't think there are any excuses tbh.

Given all the evidence from Denmark I think the Scottish government is more than correct to put a date of 11th August to get things in place.

Edited by lenziebud

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Yes I get that but if Denmark is agile enough in its thinking and can adapt then why not Scotland. Don't think there are any excuses tbh.

Given that all the evidence from Denmark I think the Scottish government is more than correct to put a date of 11th August to get things in place.

So do I.

I think it's eminently sensible, unlike the June date in England.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Scotland isn't Denmark.

Denmark's lockdown started at the right time and relatively few lives were lost, compared to our sorry state.

That's not relevant. 

What is relevant is our rates on fatalities and cases which are, IMO, slightly on the high side, but are, again IMO, well past the peak and heading down but I happen to think the UK government has moved a tad too soon. (Whatever a tad means)

There is no right time for some people. 

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So do I.

I think it's eminently sensible, unlike the June date in England.

As I've said, an easy decision as schools on Scotland finish mid/late June anyway.

Scotlands schools were never going to start in June  for that reason alone. 

I'm not sure August would be the start date in Scotland if that were not the case.