Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is a pretty reasonable answer.

No it isn't as Scotland couldn't afford to make this type of decision, and also couldn't be paying 80% furlough.

We, Scotland, are currently doing pretty well financially out of this.

It's another Braveheart type post, cringe. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

No it isn't as Scotland couldn't afford to make this type of decision, and also couldn't be paying 80% furlough.
It's another Braveheart type post, cringe. [emoji38]
Denmark can do this but Scotland wouldn't be able to?

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:
8 hours ago, faraway saint said:
It's another Braveheart type post, cringe. emoji38.png

Denmark can do this but Scotland wouldn't be able to?

Financially. 

PS Last sentence apart, it's not meant as a dig.

The current situation would have been much harder without the financial "support" from the UK government. 

Edited by faraway saint

Financially. 
The current situation would have been much harder without the financial "support" from the UK government. 
Doesn't Scotland send revenue to the Treasury, isn't that what it uses to "support" us?

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Financially. 

Doesn't Scotland send revenue to the Treasury, isn't that what it uses to "support" us?

Yes, but, in the current crises not balancing out what we are receiving.

Apologies, I'd found an article during the week which laid out the scenarios IF Scotland was independent right now.

It was full of "unlikely" and "restricted financial support" scenarios, although, like much of what's going on right now, highly subjective.

Mainly because of that I didn't bother bringing it into this thread as we're currently drowning in "scientific" reports that only add conflict and confusion.

I can't flippin find it so I'll leave it that. :(

Yes, but, in the current crises not balancing out what we are receiving.
Apologies, I'd found an article during the week which laid out the scenarios IF Scotland was independent right now.
It was full of "unlikely" and "restricted financial support" scenarios, although, like much of what's going on right now, highly subjective.
Mainly because of that I didn't bother bringing it into this thread as we're currently drowning in "scientific" reports that only add conflict and confusion.
I can't flippin find it so I'll leave it that. [emoji20]

Fair enough, but I find it hard to believe that Denmark with much less natural and economical resources than Scotland can do this but we couldn't.

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There was a nurse on the BBC last week who claimed that she felt "unappreciated by the public".

For some people like her, the weekly round of Thursday night cowbells and clapping seals, the special NHS hours at supermarkets and the constant praise on facebook and twitter isn't enough.

To illustrate her point, the article was full of photos of her pouting like a Freshwater Trout and of course the obligatory and cringeworthy photo of her after she took her mask off. "This is what a hero looks like". f**king! Cringe!

This is all going the way of that horrendous "Help for Heroes" nonsense. They do an important job but FFS, why the need to fetishise these people?

The people who genuinely kept this country afloat were not doctors and nurses at all. It was supermarket workers and the food delivery network.

There are far more than that. Electricity still needed to be generated, delivered and maintained. same with gas and water. Sewage still needs to be removed and processed. The list goes on. And those people are less likely to have the proper masks to take off to show the obligatory "hero marks". If this pandemic has shown anything, it is that the importance of your job to society seems to be largely inversely proportional to remuneration.

When I see businesses proclaiming they are giving discounts and freebies to the NHS, (which I don't think many are doing altruistically), while those workers are probably earning more than usual it occurs to me that it may have been better to use this generosity to help those who have lost their jobs due to this pandemic.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Pressure on BJ to sack TheDom over travelling during the lockdown from London to his parents home in Durham while apparently showing Covid symptoms...👢

Questions need to be asked why BoJo hid it for so long. He knew about it at the time.

A No 10 spokesman said: "At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported.

Police said they attended a property in County Durham, after the Guardian and the Daily Mirror newspapers first reported Mr Cummings had been seen near his parents' home in early April.

So the Police attended and didn't speak to anyone, [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

How can the Government state "if you or any member of your family suspect you have Covid-19 stay at home and self isolate" allow or condone anyone within their own cabal to not follow that advice?    Will be interesting to see what happens when anyone is fined for the same offence as all they have to do is cite Cummings's example. Otherwise, this demonstrates hypocrisy and evidenced the lack of clarity in the alleged mixed messaging.  Let's hope some decent journalist pins those doing the daily briefing and demand an answer to what is clearly double standards.

I see that the shitebag masquerading as the leader of the UK hasn't even bothered to turn up in order to field questions about his number one advisor breaking the curfew rules.

Dr Jenny Harries appeared to go against the Government line that Dominic Cummings’ trip  to Durham was within the guidance.  She said:

"The scientific and medical advice to take people out of the public domain.

“The advice is you self isolate at home, your family self isolate with you, and that’s very clear.”

Edited by FTOF

Bit of a car crash performance from Grant Schapps although it'd probably be hard to avoid one - I note that Schapps & No10 have not been giving unequivocal support to Cummings using phrases like "he believed" and "he said" re:Cummings thereby giving themselves rope to hang him if opinion turns against TheDom sufficiently. 

Edited by Bud the Baker