Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The papers came out with the fact that Cummings travelled to Durham. Let the Tories rally round making excuses, then added the trips to Barnard Castle and the subsequent trip back to Durham. There is no reason to just assume that's all they've got.

Aye, because "the papers" are always right. :lol:

Rather than fantasise why not just wait and see? 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, because "the papers" are always right. :lol:

Rather than fantasise why not just wait and see? 

Fantasise? Like you fantasise on what is going to happen with the pandemic? Why don't you just wait and see? Most posts on here speculate on what might happen. 

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Fantasise? Like you fantasise on what is going to happen with the pandemic? Why don't you just wait and see? Most posts on here speculate on what might happen. 

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain

52 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I agree. Johnson turned up and said nothing that relieved the situation.

I think the papers may have more dirt. They appear to be using a trickle effect. Giving out small pieces of info and letting the tories get their ducks in a row only for more revelations to knock them down.

Maybe a wee picture of Cummings at Barnard Castle or Back in Durham, date and time stamped?

One thing's for sure. All BoJo's done is add fuel to the fire.

It wouldn't surprise me if you are right about that.

Still think this will blow over though. We can't be changing leadership in the teeth of getting out of lockdown and a few months before we leave the EU. The left appear to have no sense of strategic timing at all.

Guest TPAFKATS
The papers came out with the fact that Cummings travelled to Durham. Let the Tories rally round making excuses, then added the trips to Barnard Castle and the subsequent trip back to Durham. There is no reason to just assume that's all they've got.
Within an hour of Johnson finishing Sky News confirmed that Cummings car was indeed spotted as reported in today's papers.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You're wrong again.

I'm making judgements on evidence, you're just making shite up to suit you agenda.

Quite different. :lol:

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It wouldn't surprise me if you are right about that.

Still think this will blow over though. We can't be changing leadership in the teeth of getting out of lockdown and a few months before we leave the EU. The left appear to have no sense of strategic timing at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if you still had toilet rolls from 2 months ago. :lol:

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're wrong again.

I'm making judgements on evidence, you're just making shite up to suit you agenda.

Quite different. :lol:

Judgements? 🤣

I never made anything up. I speculated that the papers weren't finished. What did I make up?

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Show where I've been wrong? :rolleyes:

Speculated = made up shite to suit your never ending agenda, and not for the first time. :lol:

Fcuksake That would take far too long to list.

Speculate = Theorise. Guess. Surmise.

If I had said they did have that evidence then I would have been making things up but I didn't.

Pointless as it is to explain things to you.

I didn't make anything up I speculated that the papers may have further evidence. I said it wouldn't surprise me if they had. A reasonable assumption as, 1) They have already put out three accusations, one definitely proven, and after giving ministers time to form excuses for this, another two which the ministers have taken care to not deny debunk. I am speculating that the papers have some sort of proof of these incidents. As I said. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.  

Edited by stlucifer

50 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Fcuksake That would take far too long to list.

Speculate = Theorise. Guess. Surmise.

If I had said they did have that evidence then I would have been making things up but I didn't.

Pointless as it is to explain things to you.

I didn't make anything up I speculated that the papers may have further evidence. I said it wouldn't surprise me if they had. A reasonable assumption as, 1) They have already put out three accusations, one definitely proven, and after giving ministers time to form excuses for this, another two which the ministers have taken care to not deny debunk. I am speculating that the papers have some sort of proof of these incidents. As I said. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.  

Squirm squirm wriggle wriggle = nothing. :lol:

Your desperation to get something from anything suggests, wait, my assumption is, you're a sad dullard that has noting in his life except looking for negatives.

Let's just leave it at this, becoming a Baz type of exchange.

And another spineless bastard pops his head up ………..

"Scottish Tory leader Jackson Carlaw broke his silence on the Dominic Cummings row in a prepared statement which praised the Prime Minister and offered no personal view. Carlaw had been posted missing over the weekend before the Prime Minister finally confirmed he would keep his Brexiteer ally. Carlaw’s silence was in stark contrast to his outrage at the Scottish Government’s chief medical officer Dr Catherine Calderwood, who lost her job after twice visiting a holiday home against the guidance. At the time, Carlaw said: “There cannot be one rule for bosses and another for everyone else.”

His silence on the Downing Street aide was also at odds with a number of angry Tory MPs in England who publicly called for Cummings to go - or threw their support behind him. In a statement issued by the Scottish Conservative party after Johnson swung his support behind Cummings, Carlaw commented: “I’ve heard what the Prime Minister has said and it is a situation for him to judge.  He has reached a conclusion and we must all now focus on continuing to beat this dreadful pandemic. I want the Prime Minister to be able to continue his excellent work leading the country out of lockdown and I am glad he set out his plans clearly today."

Phud !!!

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"Scottish Tory leader Jackson Carlaw broke his silence on the Dominic Cummings row in a prepared statement which praised the Prime Minister and offered no personal view. Carlaw had been posted missing over the weekend before the Prime Minister finally confirmed he would keep his Brexiteer ally. Carlaw’s silence was in stark contrast to his outrage at the Scottish Government’s chief medical officer Dr Catherine Calderwood, who lost her job after twice visiting a holiday home against the guidance. At the time, Carlaw said: “There cannot be one rule for bosses and another for everyone else.”

His silence on the Downing Street aide was also at odds with a number of angry Tory MPs in England who publicly called for Cummings to go - or threw their support behind him. In a statement issued by the Scottish Conservative party after Johnson swung his support behind Cummings, Carlaw commented: “I’ve heard what the Prime Minister has said and it is a situation for him to judge.  He has reached a conclusion and we must all now focus on continuing to beat this dreadful pandemic. I want the Prime Minister to be able to continue his excellent work leading the country out of lockdown and I am glad he set out his plans clearly today."

Phud !!!

If you can't see any difference between the Calderwood incident and this that about sums you up, dimwit. :1eye

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Phud !!!

It's getting more and more like Trump's tenure every day.

And we laugh at the Americans accepting Trump's outright lies and deceptions.

Just now, faraway saint said:

If you can't see any difference between the Calderwood incident and this that about sums you up, dimwit. :1eye

He broke the rules. Quite simple.

According to Carlaw, "There cannot be one set of rules for bosses and another for everyone else".

It's about the one thing that he's said that's correct. Funny how his moral outrage has deserted him when it's one of his own breaking the rules.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He broke the rules. Quite simple.

According to Carlaw, "There cannot be one set of rules for bosses and another for everyone else".

It's about the one thing that he's said that's correct. Funny how his moral outrage has deserted him when it's one of his own breaking the rules.

Sorry, I don't see it as anywhere as quite simple, that's over simplifying this for other reasons.

I've already stated I see this as a 50/50 decision taking into account everything that is known, not what is hoped for. 

Again, for the umpteenth time, I have no political bias in this, just view on the facts.