Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

So it appears, as a constant user of the roads conducting his business, the taxi driver, Shurly, is happy to have people driving on the same roads while possibly being incapacitated due to poor eyesight so they can check and see if they are fit to drive.

What a walloper.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and shoes, text that says "IMMORAL AND LARDY"

Edited by stlucifer

If the regulations supposedly said it was permissible to travel for childcare purposes, why were so few people aware of this? That might well include the police as yesterday Matt Hancock was unable to say if and/or how many fines had been given to families travelling for childcare reasons although he agreed he'd look into the matter- it'll be interesting to find out how many families were not given the same treatment as the Cummings.

If the regulations supposedly said it was permissible to travel for childcare purposes, why were Downing St. and both Cummings & his wife so coy about where they actually spent their self-isolation. I heard Michael Gove on BBC Breakfast TV yesterday say he was unaware the Cummings had spent their self-isolation at DC's parents farm in Durham until the story broke in the media.

Asked by reporters on Saturday for her reading of “reasonable excuse” to travel the deputy chief medical officer, Jenny Harries, suggested “extreme risk to life” would fit the bill. “If you’re symptomatic, you stay at home, take yourself out of society as quickly as you can and stay there, unless there’s extreme risk to life,” she said at the daily press conference.

Cummings defence, the one that has been repeated by the PM & Cabinet Ministers is that it was down to his family’s “exceptional circumstances”, ie needing childcare if both he and his wife became ill with the virus. However the “exceptional circumstances” clause was added to the lockdown guidelines to safeguard women and children in domestic abuse households. It stated that lockdown rules could be broken in these exceptional circumstances, to protect vulnerable people from abuse and neglect.

Cummings played a major part in drawing up the regulations, he knew he was exploiting a loophole - he just didn't care.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

So it appears, as a constant user of the roads conducting his business, the taxi driver, Shurly, is happy to have people driving on the same roads while possibly being incapacitated due to poor eyesight so they can check and see if they are fit to drive.

What a walloper.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and shoes, text that says "IMMORAL AND LARDY"

I am not a Taxi Driver.

10 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

It's not, it's about rules being applied to everyone, no matter who they are. Even if you accept everything he said is true, he broke the rules on his trip to Barney Castle. Applying the precedents in place applied to others in public positions who did the same, he has to go.

Not that I believe the liar in the first place.

Quite appropriate this one - Barney Castle is an old NE of England colloquialism for "pathetic excuse"!

So this is how it ends

1.  The police would have sent Cummings and his family back to London if they'd stopped him while travelling to Durham.
  2.  He committed an offence by driving to Barnard Castle while unsure of his eyesight but Durham police are not going to pursue this. 

One of the unanswered questions about the incident is why Cummings felt the need to check his eyesight by driving to Barnard Castle, rather than ask his wife to take the wheel on the long drive down the A1 back to London. Wakefield herself is known to have driven: the award-winning travel writing piece that helped her get the Spectator job describes her driving across Texas.

3.  IPSO the press regulating body are investigating inaccuracies/lies in the Cummings/Wakefield self isolation article in The Spectator.

The article that appeared in the Spectator at the end of April painted a picture of a family in turmoil during a pandemic, with a wife describing the anguish of watching as her husband “lay doggo” with Covid-19 for 10 days before they emerged from quarantine “into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown”.

4.  The Tory chairman of the Commons Health Select Committee has said Cummings actions have & will adversely affect public health policy.

Cummings has no credibility left even if he has kept his job and I still say if he believed he hadn't broken the regulations wrong why lie? . 

Edited by Bud the Baker

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Are there no people needing bread or shit? 😂😂😂

Actually I'm working stand-down shifts whilst management skimp on maintenance & hygiene to feed the nation....

Meanwhile Durham police have said that Cummings Barnard Castle jaunt potentially breached lockdown rules and would have sent him back to his parents "estate"had he been stopped...

Dominic Cummings’ trip to Barnard Castle potentially broke lockdown rules and would have led to police sending him back to his family’s estate had he been stopped, Durham police have concluded. 

BJs position that Cummings behaved "responsibly and legally at all times" becomes even less tenable... 😂😂😂

Edited by Bud the Baker

49 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So this is how it ends

1.  The police would have sent Cummings and his family back to London if they'd stopped him while travelling to Durham.
  2.  He committed an offence by driving to Barnard Castle while unsure of his eyesight but Durham police are not going to pursue this. 

3.  IPSO the press regulating body are investigating inaccuracies/lies in the Cummings/Wakefield self isolation article in The Spectator.

4.  The Tory chairman of the Commons Health Select Committee has said Cummings actions have & will adversely affect public health policy.

Cummings has no credibility left even if he has kept his job and I still say if he believed he hadn't broken the regulations wrong why lie? . 

Why do you think for a minute that Cummings is bothered about credibility with Tory MP's. They hate him, he has power and they don't. Its why all the Brexiters are lined up against him as he controls Brexit they don't. 

He couldn't care less what the general public think either.

He has the confidence of Johnson and that is all that matters. 

If you oppose Johnson, Cummings etc is it not better that he remains in post ? Why do you want Johnson to do what is perceived as the right thing. As an opposition surely you want him and Cummings to continually make the wrong decision so in 4-5 years time they have no credibility with the f@ckwit country that voted them in in the first place ?

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

1. Why do you think for a minute that Cummings is bothered about credibility with Tory MP's. They hate him, he has power and they don't. Its why all the Brexiters are lined up against him as he controls Brexit they don't. 

He couldn't care less what the general public think either.

He has the confidence of Johnson and that is all that matters. 

2.  If you oppose Johnson, Cummings etc is it not better that he remains in post ? Why do you want Johnson to do what is perceived as the right thing. As an opposition surely you want him and Cummings to continually make the wrong decision so in 4-5 years time they have no credibility with the f@ckwit country that voted them in in the first place ?

1. I think MaximumPowerDom when he effectively ousted the Chancellor back in February is gone and won't return.

2. Possibly. .

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

1. Don't believe it for a minute. Getting rid of Javid was correct decision anyway

I think Cummings is damaged goods now, I'd already considered your point that keeping him would damage the Tories more but am still inclined to wanting him sacked.

Replacing Javid with an even less distinguished and politically weaker City trader turned politician meant little in terms of policy.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think Cummings is damaged goods now, I'd already considered your point that keeping him would damage the Tories more but am still inclined to wanting him sacked.

Replacing Javid with an even less distinguished and politically weaker City trader turned politician meant little in terms of policy.

Don't think Javid and distinguished are the best of fits ?

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not to millions of people receiving business grants, self employment payments and furlough payments it didn't.