Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

34 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fairy Nuff but we're still in the transition period where the old rules apply...

The current status of the Withdrawal Agreement is unclear, which means we might not even be able to get chlorinated chicken from the US, every announcement about the Trade Deal that I read about involves another concession from the UK. We'll "leave" on Dec 31 with an deal that's far short of what Leave promised during the 2016 campaign and BJ will claim it's a triumph while we spend the next 10 years in negotiations with the EU giving a tod to get a kilo.

btw...

is that a typo?

A tod is 28 kilo...

THAT would be a triumph for The Buffoon....

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Arrogance & smugness have always been your defining characteristics on this site but here's some more of the current Brexit developments for you, it seem our plucky fishermen are about to find out they've been sold a sea-pig in a poke too....

Fine words from a man taking pleasure in the difficulties of others.

That's on you bud not me.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

btw...

is that a typo?

A tod is 28 kilo...

No you must've missed Boris saying that bringing back the tod was his raison d'etre (his exact words!) for joining leading the Leave campaign. 

Just you wait we'll be drinking our ale in Jacks'n'Jills again - and ale it will be, none of this poncey laager muck.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

No you must've missed Boris saying that bringing back the tod was his raison d'etre (his exact words!) for joining leading the Leave campaign. 

Just you wait we'll be drinking our ale in Jacks'n'Jills again - and ale it will be, none of this poncey laager muck.

I've upped my intake of German beer in protest.🍺

Oktoberfest Munich Opening Ceremonies - Tapping The Keg Traditions GIF |  Gfycat

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I definitely must’ve.

still a Tod apparently weighs 28 times kilo so The Bufoon would be winning in your example.

or I’ve had far too much ale and merlot tonight....  :unsure:

6 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I doubt anyone who consumes kfc or buys Tesco’s chicken would notice any difference in US chlorinated pap.

i must’ve (copyright BTB) eaten chlorinated chicken a few times in the US - and can't say I’ve noticed that it’s appalling.

I would however object to lowering production and Fowl health standards simply because chlorinating covers a multitude of sins.

Fairy Nuff but we're still in the transition period where the old rules apply...
The current status of the Withdrawal Agreement is unclear, which means we might not even be able to get chlorinated chicken from the US, every announcement about the Trade Deal that I read about involves another concession from the UK. We'll "leave" on Dec 31 with an deal that's far short of what Leave promised during the 2016 campaign and BJ will claim it's a triumph while we spend the next 10 years in negotiations with the EU giving a tod to get a kilo.

btw...
is that a typo?

A tod is 28 kilo...

It looks to me that there should have been a comma in there. I think he meant "... while we spend the next 10 years in negotiations with the EU, giving a tod to get a kilo.", not "... while we spend the next 10 years in negotiations, with the EU giving a tod to get a kilo." as you seem to have read it.

13 hours ago, antrin said:

I doubt anyone who consumes kfc or buys Tesco’s chicken would notice any difference in US chlorinated pap.

i must’ve (copyright BTB) eaten chlorinated chicken a few times in the US - and can't say I’ve noticed that it’s appalling.

I would however object to lowering production and Fowl health standards simply because chlorinating covers a multitude of sins.

Chlorinated salad leaves on sale every day of the week in every store

You are correct, but what you fail to write is the concentration level of the chemicals.

You also fail to publish the main reason given for not allowing the exporting from the USA, is the hygiene level in the supply chain.

Given that the US will be stamped as the country of origin on any chicken on the shelves, it should be easy enough to avoid this sort of thing.

Simply buy British. Mind you, this doesn't guarantee good quality either as we've seen countless times.

Edited by oaksoft

13 hours ago, antrin said:

Without investigating the underlying chemical processes which the European Food Safety Authority have outlawed I can only take their word for it and I'm happy to do so.

Absolutely.

21 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Yeah, ostensibly, it does look like a contradiction.

Not really a contradiction in that chlorination in itself is safe. The reason for the chlorination is the important thing.

The RSPCA explanation is helpful “.. Under EU regulations, processors can only use cold air and water to decontaminate poultry carcases. The ‘farm to fork’ principle of the EU aims at ensuring higher hygiene standards across all stages of production, rather than a particular disinfection method at the end of the process.”

There is a bit less concern for the welfare of a lettuce before the chlorination process.

I am sure 99%of the public  are unaware about chlorine cleaning of salad leaves and other chemicals  used on fruit in their supermarket 

That may be true, but let's not get the facts misinterpreted as making it out it's the same process used in USA.

This link explains it better

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09/chlorine-washed-chicken-vs-chlorine-washed-salad-leaves-whats-the-difference/

On 10/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

322 MPs vote against a Labour proposal to provide free school meals to children in England over the Xmas holidays.

Angela Rayner was right today, the Tories are scum.

A couple of Tories did vote against it and one minister Caroline Ansell resigned but some of the other stuff was just Victorian....

Yet when he called this week for the food vouchers to continue through half-term and Christmas, the government’s response was a full-frontal political assault on what the new Tory MP for Bassetlaw, Brendan Clarke-Smith, scornfully called “celebrity virtue-signalling”.

&

Children had been going hungry “for years”, small-business minister Paul Scully said awkwardly on the BBC. The Mansfield MP Ben Bradley tweeted that it was better for kids if their parents didn’t fall into “dependency”. It’s enough to make you miss the patrician Tories of old, who at least understood why some people didn’t like them.

It’s easy for people to ‘call the shots’ when they’re not the ones writing the cheques.

Meal provision isn’t a thing during the holidays

Do people really expect the government to pick up the tab for absolutely everything ?

100% wages , feed kids at school and home etc ?

Some people should consider cutting back on alcohol, cigarettes, sky tv packages and make some personal adjustments to tighten their belts and perhaps we can then direct additional much needed help to those most in need.

We cannot simply cover this with a blanket approach.

38 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

It’s easy for people to ‘call the shots’ when they’re not the ones writing the cheques.

Meal provision isn’t a thing during the holidays

Do people really expect the government to pick up the tab for absolutely everything ?

100% wages , feed kids at school and home etc ?

Some people should consider cutting back on alcohol, cigarettes, sky tv packages and make some personal adjustments to tighten their belts and perhaps we can then direct additional much needed help to those most in need.

We cannot simply cover this with a blanket approach.

Yes, we can.

Similarly... That's why you are relaxing in the warm glow of  the extravagant Scottish 5 tier lockdown plan.

The government is pleased to pay for that.

:whistle