Jump to content

shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

Recommended Posts

On 9/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Europe haven't said they "won't do a deal" - they have said that they won't remove the Backstop from the existing deal (which as I mentioned previously wasn't imposed on the UK but largely shaped by TMs Red Lines) as a Hard Border would contravene the Good Friday Agreement, but as far as I'm aware they would still be willing to discuss an amended or different deal within their "red lines" that the UK can't cherrypick terms ie maintain the benefits of being in the EU without accepting the costs in terms of legislation and finance - although time may be running out.

On the subject of who really "won't do a deal" here's what Amber Rudd said in her resignation letter yesterday.

***************************

Emotive language like "surrender agreement" and your rose tinted historical recollections are irrelevant and a distraction. 

On the subject of why a "so called" nationalist party would want to be part of the shitfest EU it's because in economic terms we think that in the 21st Century it's beneficial for Scotland to be part of the world's largest trading bloc but no longer beneficial to be part of the UK - even Ruth Davidson said that the UK was too Londoncentric and on social terms we believe in apportioning a larger portion of our resources to the Welfare State.

****************************

Moving Off-Topic the Conservative party is no longer conservative it's an unholy alliance between the freemarketeers (sic) of Britania Unchained and the Little Englanders who want to take  the country back to the 1950s and only want minorities who "know their place" - the best hope for England is a Jeremy Corbyn led Labour Party winning the forthcoming GE.

 

Europe have said they wont do a deal with Johnson. The so called Backstop is a red herring , there are already border checks in place , the two trade areas already have different currencies , different governments etc just another attempt by the junta  to try and stop us leaving and May fell for it.

As far as what Davidson , etc are saying l'm not interested . The current paraliament is full of politicains that cannot be trusted . Maybe Billy Connoly was right when he said that the  desire someone has to become a politician should immediately bar them from being one, for life

As far as rose tinnted glasses accusations go , I could say the same about your description of the shitfest as the worlds largest trading block but I'm not that kind of guy.

The truth is that it comes down to acceptance level and the British have a different acceptance level  when comes to government, than Europeans do , especially the types that want to dominate from central Europe and dictate terms like when we can fish our own waters and what we can catch (we should bring back the 200 mile limit like Norway, Fareos and Iceland). There was no way that the British people were going to accept the EEC never mind a Union , so Europe paid an alegeded paedophile to sign the Treaty of Rome against the public interest . I wonder how many other British politicians got paid by them?

As I mentioned before , independence in Europe is not independence nor is it nationalism either , it is simply selling the shirt . .l wonder what is in it for her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2019 at 11:43 AM, jaybee said:

Personally I have no time for BJ ...........apart from the fact that he is the one political leader who is willing to implement the result of the referendum, whilst those politicians in Parliament charged with that duty have obfuscated and dithered and downright ignored the will of the people because (for whichever reason) it does not suit them and were he (BJ) to ignore the law and do so, I would applaud him, although I don't think he will. And as an aside if the best political leader Scotland can come up with is NS...........well! we deserve all we get. I would rather have the Big Yin in power he makes a sight more fecking sense than the wee poison dwarf.

FFs , your not supposed to say that on here ! They be along with their pitchforks , chanting that you are a misogynist. They hold here sacred dont you know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:
16 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Boris Johnson banging on about no more delay

We’d already be out if he’d voted for May’s withdrawal agreement

What a hypocrite

In Mays last vote he did vote for it !

What a hypocrite

Methinks ......................... we need tae build a wa right alang the sooth coast o Engerland, an hiv loads and loads o machine guns, pots a biling oil and then throw ALL the fecking politicians over the wall ................................. and then live happily ever efter in cloud cuckoo land.          Similar tae the drivel they all spout. 😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

1. Europe have said they wont do a deal with Johnson. The so called Backstop is a red herring , there are already border checks in place , the two trade areas already have different currencies , different governments etc just another attempt by the junta  to try and stop us leaving and May fell for it.

2. As far as what Davidson , etc are saying l'm not interested . The current paraliament is full of politicains that cannot be trusted . Maybe Billy Connoly was right when he said that the  desire someone has to become a politician should immediately bar them from being one, for life

3. As far as rose tinnted glasses accusations go , I could say the same about your description of the shitfest as the worlds largest trading block but I'm not that kind of guy.

4. The truth is that it comes down to acceptance level and the British have a different acceptance level  when comes to government, than Europeans do , especially the types that want to dominate from central Europe and dictate terms like when we can fish our own waters and what we can catch (we should bring back the 200 mile limit like Norway, Fareos and Iceland). There was no way that the British people were going to accept the EEC never mind a Union , so Europe paid an alegeded paedophile to sign the Treaty of Rome against the public interest . I wonder how many other British politicians got paid by them?

5.As I mentioned before , independence in Europe is not independence nor is it nationalism either , it is simply selling the shirt . .l wonder what is in it for her

Every post you make takes you further down the looking glass. 

1. Below is a reference to German the German PM asking BJ to make a deal, the EU are ready to do a deal the stumbling block as ever is what can get through Westminster which is why the onus is on the UK to come up with an alternative to the agreed last Autumn. As for the "so called" Backstop it's a real issue and the minimal level of checking that presently takes place will not continue if the UK leaves the EU without a deal - once again the "Red Herring" is yours.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/aug/21/angela-merkel-challenges-boris-johnson-to-find-backstop-solution-in-30-days-video

As for the EU being a junta imposing it's will on the UK here is a list of opt-outs the UK had prior to the last election.

https://politick.co.uk/uk-opt-outs-from-eu-legislation/

The EU are willing to let us leave, more so every time the UK applies for a delay, the reason it hasn't happened is because Westminster wouldn't pass the cart-before-horse deal TM negotiated and hasn't as yet come up with an alternative that would pass at Westminster.

2. Re your Davidson comment - you asked in your previous post why the SNP would want to be part of the shitfest EU - you just don't have an answer! 

3. The EU is the world's largest trading organisation - so quite clearly you are that kind of guy!

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-position-in-world-trade/index_en.htm

4. Again I'll say your views on how democracy was in Europe in the past is irrelevant. If the Common Fisheries policy is bad for British/Scottish fisherman (rather than the 5 family consortiums who control 33% of Scottish fishing rights) then that's a  battle that should've been fought 40 years ago - the blame lies with all of the UK political parties (the SNP were defeated in their attempt to change fishing policy in 2008 by Westminster) who've let the situation fester. The charges against Heath have been dismissed as fantasy and the man who made them now in prison himself.

5. Your opinion, I disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Still think this beggars belief and along with Diane Abbott saying they can get 80000 policemen for £300000 has to be one of the all time great stupid paid public servants we have.
For those that cant be bothered listening to her, she again proposes that Labour come up with new deal with EU, then Labour votes against it. and Remains..… all this for about £150000 a year salary plus expenses...………….. a go
Guy Fox had a better executed plan


I watched that video earlier this morning.
So Emily Thornberry states that if Labour win the GE, they’ll then go back to the EU and try get a better deal than offered to TM. Then they’ll call for a second referendum with a choice of Remain or leave with this new deal.
Piers Morgan slaughtered her for that and rightfully so.
The bottom line is Labour do not want to leave and will do whatever it takes to get their way.

Farage (regardless of your thoughts on him) is the only one that’s been consistent over past three years. If Farage and BJ team up then it’s game over for Labour.

Dianne Abbot reminds me of Leigh Francis take on Mel B on “Bo Selecta”

This is another class Dianne Abbot interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the EU with some encouragement from BJ is going back to the Irish Sea option that the DUP vetoed in 2017.

Quote

EU looks to Northern Ireland-only backstop to break Brexit deadlock

EU trade commissioner says he believes ‘penny is finally dropping’ for Boris Johnson

He said: “Mr Johnson has made a proposal in the last few days talking about an all-Ireland food zone. That is certainly a clear indication of divergence between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland/the EU and the rest of the UK. This is the first time that this has been spoken about by a British prime minister where they are prepared to accept some level of divergence between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

 


I watched that video earlier this morning.
So Emily Thornberry states that if Labour win the GE, they’ll then go back to the EU and try get a better deal than offered to TM. Then they’ll call for a second referendum with a choice of Remain or leave with this new deal.
Piers Morgan slaughtered her for that and rightfully so.
The bottom line is Labour do not want to leave and will do whatever it takes to get their way.

Farage (regardless of your thoughts on him) is the only one that’s been consistent over past three years. If Farage and BJ team up then it’s game over for Labour.

Dianne Abbot reminds me of Leigh Francis take on Mel B on “Bo Selecta”

This is another class Dianne Abbot interview.

 

 

&

 

Except there's plenty examples of Farage saying he'd be happy with a Norway style deal (in the EEA & Single Market) during the referendum campaign - so he's not been consistent after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FFs , your not supposed to say that on here ! They be along with their pitchforks , chanting that you are a misogynist. They hold here sacred dont you know
No, most of us have moved on from the 1970s though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europe have said they wont do a deal with Johnson. The so called Backstop is a red herring , there are already border checks in place , the two trade areas already have different currencies , different governments etc just another attempt by the junta  to try and stop us leaving and May fell for it.
As far as what Davidson , etc are saying l'm not interested . The current paraliament is full of politicains that cannot be trusted . Maybe Billy Connoly was right when he said that the  desire someone has to become a politician should immediately bar them from being one, for life
As far as rose tinnted glasses accusations go , I could say the same about your description of the shitfest as the worlds largest trading block but I'm not that kind of guy.
The truth is that it comes down to acceptance level and the British have a different acceptance level  when comes to government, than Europeans do , especially the types that want to dominate from central Europe and dictate terms like when we can fish our own waters and what we can catch (we should bring back the 200 mile limit like Norway, Fareos and Iceland). There was no way that the British people were going to accept the EEC never mind a Union , so Europe paid an alegeded paedophile to sign the Treaty of Rome against the public interest . I wonder how many other British politicians got paid by them?
As I mentioned before , independence in Europe is not independence nor is it nationalism either , it is simply selling the shirt . .l wonder what is in it for her
A deal was agreed, however May couldn't get it through parliament. Its not up to EU to take the lead and negotiate another deal as they've agreed one, if UK wants or needs to change that deal then UK needs to take the lead and come up with proposals.
So far UK gov hasn't done this and is happy to do with no deal.
Anything to get out by end of 2019 so that the new EU tax regs don't affect those with their millions in off shore accounts.

What border checks are in place on ireland? There are signs telling you the speed signs change from km to miles per hour...

Over 3 years ago we could've easily left on EFTA basis but that would've involved trading with EU on their rules and regs.
May decided not to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Except there's plenty examples of Farage saying he'd be happy with a Norway style deal (in the EEA & Single Market) during the referendum campaign - so he's not been consistent after all.


My point being Farage was / is prepared to leave under WTO terms. That’s what I was referring to. A deal along the lines of the Norway deal would have been seen as a compromise and one he would probably be prepared to accept.
Even TM stated “that a No deal was better than a bad deal”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Every post you make takes you further down the looking glass. 

1. Below is a reference to German the German PM asking BJ to make a deal, the EU are ready to do a deal the stumbling block as ever is what can get through Westminster which is why the onus is on the UK to come up with an alternative to the agreed last Autumn. As for the "so called" Backstop it's a real issue and the minimal level of checking that presently takes place will not continue if the UK leaves the EU without a deal - once again the "Red Herring" is yours.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/aug/21/angela-merkel-challenges-boris-johnson-to-find-backstop-solution-in-30-days-video

As for the EU being a junta imposing it's will on the UK here is a list of opt-outs the UK had prior to the last election.

https://politick.co.uk/uk-opt-outs-from-eu-legislation/

The EU are willing to let us leave, more so every time the UK applies for a delay, the reason it hasn't happened is because Westminster wouldn't pass the cart-before-horse deal TM negotiated and hasn't as yet come up with an alternative that would pass at Westminster.

2. Re your Davidson comment - you asked in your previous post why the SNP would want to be part of the shitfest EU - you just don't have an answer! 

3. The EU is the world's largest trading organisation - so quite clearly you are that kind of guy!

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-position-in-world-trade/index_en.htm

4. Again I'll say your views on how democracy was in Europe in the past is irrelevant. If the Common Fisheries policy is bad for British/Scottish fisherman (rather than the 5 family consortiums who control 33% of Scottish fishing rights) then that's a  battle that should've been fought 40 years ago - the blame lies with all of the UK political parties (the SNP were defeated in their attempt to change fishing policy in 2008 by Westminster) who've let the situation fester. The charges against Heath have been dismissed as fantasy and the man who made them now in prison himself.

5. Your opinion, I disagree.

Most of that is your opinion and I disagree . You seem to struggle between an actual question and a rhetorical one. The Party you now so fondly behold with your large , thickly glazed ,rose tinted specks used to argue against said fisheries policy before the leadership got into bed with the people who shackled Scotland with those polices.

More than one person alleged offences against Heath

There is nothing you are going to say that will convince me that you are right in your Europhile opinion and nothing you are going to say will convince me that it is other than a shitfest , superstate l want as little to do with as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

 


My point being Farage was / is prepared to leave under WTO terms. That’s what I was referring to. A deal along the lines of the Norway deal would have been seen as a compromise and one he would probably be prepared to accept.
Even TM stated “that a No deal was better than a bad deal”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

A deal was agreed, however May couldn't get it through parliament. Its not up to EU to take the lead and negotiate another deal as they've agreed one, if UK wants or needs to change that deal then UK needs to take the lead and come up with proposals.
So far UK gov hasn't done this and is happy to do with no deal.
Anything to get out by end of 2019 so that the new EU tax regs don't affect those with their millions in off shore accounts.

What border checks are in place on ireland? There are signs telling you the speed signs change from km to miles per hour...

Over 3 years ago we could've easily left on EFTA basis but that would've involved trading with EU on their rules and regs.
May decided not to do that.

I have covered all that above Buddy. The UK parlaiment is a shambles mainly because politicians who got voted in saying that they would honour the referendum that Cameron said would be binding have now shown their true colours by going against the result . We now have the Labour party trying to stop us leaving and stop a general election , which is badly needed . As I said to the Bud who is a Baker above , we are not going to convince each other to the contrary of our current positions on Europe.

Remember the chaos when Lamont took us into the ERM? That is just a taste of what will happen if they ever get to foist the Euro on us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have covered all that above Buddy. The UK parlaiment is a shambles mainly because politicians who got voted in saying that they would honour the referendum that Cameron said would be binding have now shown their true colours by going against the result . We now have the Labour party trying to stop us leaving and stop a general election , which is badly needed . As I said to the Bud who is a Baker above , we are not going to convince each other to the contrary of our current positions on Europe.
Remember the chaos when Lamont took us into the ERM? That is just a taste of what will happen if they ever get to foist the Euro on us
A general election isn't the answer. Sorting brexit is what is needed.
If the ERG had voted for a simple efta based brexit we would've left ages ago and the SNP would be polling lower as well.

No one is forcing UK into the euro either. Mind you, its looking quite stable compared to sterling these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A general election isn't the answer. Sorting brexit is what is needed.
If the ERG had voted for a simple efta based brexit we would've left ages ago and the SNP would be polling lower as well.

No one is forcing UK into the euro either. Mind you, its looking quite stable compared to sterling these days.

Not yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Not yet

BBC Euro Article from this year

Nine current countries are EU members but not users of the Euro.

Both Denmark and the UK have opt-outs on the Euro.

A country can choose to give up their opt-outs, but the EU cannot force you into giving it up.

Sweden held a referendum in 2003 where they declined to switch to the Euro. As of now Sweden is still not part of the Euro.

Since 1999 new members join the Euro in principle, but aren’t actually forced to complete the process. There is no end date or removal of your EU position for not adopting the Euro by a certain time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I see the EU with some encouragement from BJ is going back to the Irish Sea option that the DUP vetoed in 2017.

 

Looks possible that the DUP's "usefulness" may have expired. 

Bridge between NI and Scotland anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

Most of that is your opinion and I disagree . You seem to struggle between an actual question and a rhetorical one. The Party you now so fondly behold with your large , thickly glazed ,rose tinted specks used to argue against said fisheries policy before the leadership got into bed with the people who shackled Scotland with those polices.

More than one person alleged offences against Heath

There is nothing you are going to say that will convince me that you are right in your Europhile opinion and nothing you are going to say will convince me that it is other than a shitfest , superstate l want as little to do with as possible

Out of the 5 points I made Points 1 & 3 contain evidence to back up my opinion. Point 2 was answering a question of yours and Ruth Davidson's statement that the UK governments policy is also on record whether you're interested or not. Point 4  The SNPs attempt to renegotiate Fisheries policy in 2008 again is a matter of record, their ability to do so was unsuccessful by opposition from Westminster. Finally regarding the Ted Heath allegations even the Officer in charge of Operation Conifer admitted afterwards that the investigation was tainted, so who is left supporting these allegations - the Tin Foil brigade!.

Point 5 was merely me saying our opinions differ, about the one thing we do agree on

Like I said every post you make takes you further into the looking glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Out of the 5 points I made Points 1 & 3 contain evidence to back up my opinion. Point 2 was answering a question of yours and Ruth Davidson's statement that the UK governments policy is also on record whether you're interested or not. Point 4  The SNPs attempt to renegotiate Fisheries policy in 2008 again is a matter of record, their ability to do so was unsuccessful by opposition from Westminster. Finally regarding the Ted Heath allegations even the Officer in charge of Operation Conifer admitted afterwards that the investigation was tainted, so who is left supporting these allegations - the Tin Foil brigade!.

Point 5 was merely me saying our opinions differ, about the one thing we do agree on

Like I said every post you make takes you further into the looking glass.

I think you went into the land of the looking glass , wearing bespoke rose tinted specs sometime ago . You haven't read properly what I have said on a few occaisions now and expect me to read somewhat dubious links , its no happenin' Bud. There is a lot of scaremongering and false data out there , you really need to be able to do your own research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

I think you went into the land of the looking glass , wearing bespoke rose tinted specs sometime ago . You haven't read properly what I have said on a few occaisions now and expect me to read somewhat dubious links , its no happenin' Bud. There is a lot of scaremongering and false data out there , you really need to be able to do your own research

I've read what you said properly, the links I've provided are not dubious - unlike the bulk of your ramblings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BBC Euro Article from this year
Nine current countries are EU members but not users of the Euro.
Both Denmark and the UK have opt-outs on the Euro.
A country can choose to give up their opt-outs, but the EU cannot force you into giving it up.
Sweden held a referendum in 2003 where they declined to switch to the Euro. As of now Sweden is still not part of the Euro.
Since 1999 new members join the Euro in principle, but aren’t actually forced to complete the process. There is no end date or removal of your EU position for not adopting the Euro by a certain time.
This kind of factually based post won't catch on with the tin foil hat brigade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...