Sign in to follow this  
shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

21 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

It’s not a case of “moralising” and it has nothing to do with “White privilege”, I merely put across my findings from being in some of these countries......... first hand experience I think it’s called. That video only highlighted my point.
As I stated previously, we can’t turn the clock back 200 years or more and right the wrongs that our ancestors did.

No but what we can do is have the decency to back off and leave them to work out how to run their own countries especially when we are engaging in things like routinely locking up children because their parents had the audacity to try and move here for a better life.

If the days of "white saviour" syndrome died today it would be no bad thing IMO.

Edited by oaksoft

No but what we can do is have the decency to back off and leave them to work out how to run their own countries especially when we are engaging in things like routinely locking up children because their parents had the audacity to try and move here for a better life.
If the days of "white saviour" syndrome died today it would be no bad thing IMO.

I’m all for letting them running their own countries. I’m also all for the UK/US not getting involved in other countries issues (Iraq/Iran/Syria/Afghanistan for example)
The UK spends approximately £13.5 billion per year in foreign aid for such countries, just think what could be done with that for the more vulnerable UK citizens.
So if the “White saviour syndrome stopped today” I’m guessing you’d also want the foreign aid to stop?
However. I’m not sure what you’re referring to in regards children being locked up. If families (if they are actual families) entering the country illegally, have to be processed to determine they are actually who they say they are, so they are separated until the facts can be confirmed. I don’t for one minute believe these people are badly treated. They’ll receive medical care, food, clothing and accommodation at tax payers expense.
As I’ve stated previously, people trafficking is big business with children being used as part of it. Maybe it’s the traffickers the governments should be going for?