Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

As for today's talk by Corbyn, he needs to realise that all this shrieking about governing for the many and not for the few is pretty useless unless he can give some actual details about how he plans to achieve it. How exactly is he going to force Amazon and the like to pay their taxes without it costing UK-based jobs?

He needs to move Labour from a protest group to a serious political alternative if he wants the chance to actually govern.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This sort of thing is how elections are lost.

The Tories have governed the UK almost without a break for as long as most of us have been alive and the NHS is still there.

Nobody is buying into the idea that suddenly the NHS will disappear if the Tories win.

It's not going to be seen as a serious message and opposition parties need to stop treating voters as though they are stupid.

Have you noticed that the moderate wing of the party has largely been purged or resigned over the last year, with another, Nicky Morgan, going today, any "moderates" left are prioritising their careers. The four senior Govt. posts are held by a chancer, a speculator and two neoliberals from Britannia Unchained,  the NHS is most definitely not safe in their hands.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The Tories have governed the UK almost without a break for as long as most of us have been alive and the NHS is still there.

Nobody is buying into the idea that suddenly the NHS will disappear if the Tories win.

It's not going to be seen as a serious message and opposition parties need to stop treating voters as though they are stupid.

The NHS is still here - for now.

Yet in the past few years more and more of it has been sold off, staff complain of being overworked more than they’ve ever been as staff shortages increase all the time, and some have seen local GPs and other NHS services close down. Indeed GP appointments are getting harder to come by. In my own experience, an operation I received without bother 5/6 years ago is now one I have to wait for the issue to become “more serious” due to all the cuts.

Add in the Brexit pish leaving the UK open to abuse from others when negotiating trade deals...the NHS most definitely is not in any way safe under the Tories. 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

IIRC, the US have already made clear that opening up the NHS to competition will be needed for a trade deal with them.

And IIRC the UK have categorically stated that the NHS is not up for grabs.

I don't trust anyone on this issue because everyone has skin in the game and all of them are trying to manipulate voters.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Have you noticed that the moderate wing of the party has largely been purged or resigned over the last year, with another, Nicky Morgan, going today, any "moderates" left are prioritising their careers. The four senior Govt. posts are held by a chancer, a speculator and two neoliberals from Britannia Unchained,  the NHS is most definitely not safe in their hands.

Yes I have.

I'm also aware the Think Tanks come from all political persuasions, pay all sorts of politicians and make all sorts of outrageous claims.

Until I see some actual evidence of the politicians you mention talking or doing anything about the NHS in the manner you are worried about, I'm going to, at least temporarily, file all this stuff under fear mongering.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The NHS is still here - for now.

Yet in the past few years more and more of it has been sold off, staff complain of being overworked more than they’ve ever been as staff shortages increase all the time, and some have seen local GPs and other NHS services close down. Indeed GP appointments are getting harder to come by. In my own experience, an operation I received without bother 5/6 years ago is now one I have to wait for the issue to become “more serious” due to all the cuts.

Add in the Brexit pish leaving the UK open to abuse from others when negotiating trade deals...the NHS most definitely is not in any way safe under the Tories. 

Which bits have been sold off?

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Think tanks are everywhere - both left and right.

The time to start worrying is when politicians start talking about running down the NHS, not when Think Tanks start blabbing all manner of shite.

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't trust anyone on this issue because everyone has skin in the game and all of them are trying to manipulate voters.

I nearly pished myself laughing there.

I remember the UK saying that the only certain way to stay in the EU was to vote against Independence.

Also, looking at the info on the link below, it would seem that a lot of the NHS has indeed aleardy been up for grabs.

http://www.patients4nhs.org.uk/how-is-the-nhs-being-privatised/

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS

I know we disagree a lot on here oakstur but I never thought you were as gullible as these 4 posts make you appear?

Yes I have.
I'm also aware the Think Tanks come from all political persuasions, pay all sorts of politicians and make all sorts of outrageous claims.
Until I see some actual evidence of the politicians you mention talking or doing anything about the NHS in the manner you are worried about, I'm going to, at least temporarily, file all this stuff under fear mongering.
Which bits have been sold off?

Think tanks are everywhere - both left and right.
The time to start worrying is when politicians start talking about running down the NHS, not when Think Tanks start blabbing all manner of shite.

Guest TPAFKATS

Interesting title Johnson destroys snp on fisheries.
Johnson described our wonderful fisheries and marine life then explained that Westminster was now in charge of them, not Brussels.
So either way, he's saying Scotland isn't having control of its own resources.

I'll throw this in here as it seems to be the de facto election thread - the Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party are having to use up their stockpile of Ruth Davidson leaflets for the GE - embarrassing...:lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50256180

Nicola Sturgeon was at her favourite sport. Lampooning Jackson Carlaw. Why, she asked the interim Tory leader, had his party taken to generating election leaflets with a backbencher on display?

Ruth leaflet