Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

IMG_0115.jpg

Really? emoji23.png

Until the then Labour government insisted that the Government Grant of £400M wouldn't be applicable to the SNPs Local Income Tax. Another example of Westminster fucking about with the policy of a democratically elected Scottish government. A sensible decision by the SNP and another example of your lack of homework. :1eye 

17 hours ago, smcc said:

One of the rationales for privatisation has been that the private sector is more efficient in running services. This has turned out to be something of a myth: a number of corporations have withdrawn from large contracts or had their contracts terminated due to serious problems. For example,

• In 2015, a £800 million contract for older peoples’ services was eventually awarded to UnitingCare by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG after a tendering process costing over £1 million. Eight months into the contract, UnitingCare withdrew stating that the contract was not financially viable.
  • The private company running Hinchingbrook Hospital (Circle) cited financial reasons for pulling out of a 10 year contract in January 2015. This was just two years into the contract and just before a highly damning report from the Care Quality Commission on the hospital’s management and culture and the quality of care it provided.
  • In 2016, the outsourcing giant Capita was awarded a £330 million, seven-year contract to run primary care support services. Its bid included cutting support staff from 1,314 to 314, reducing the cost of the service by 69% (a saving of £60 million). This and other high risk strategies led to widespread failures, such as serious problems with patient record transfers, shortages of medical and other supplies, and delayed payments, loss of earnings and chaos for many GPs, dentists, opticians and pharmacists.
  • A report on the Capita contract by the National Audit Office in 2018 identified failings on the part of NHSE (e.g. it had not understood primary care support services well enough to set contract targets; and basic principles were still not agreed more than two years into the contract), while Capita’s failings potentially put patients at risk (e.g. 87 women were incorrectly notified that they were no longer part of the cervical screening programme). The British Medical Association (BMA) has called for NHSE to bring primary care support services back in-house.

Above a few of the NHS England services that have been outsourced over the past few years. The one with which I am most familiar is the Capita contract to provide GP support services which has been causing major problems since it began, one major one being the transfer of patient records when patients move practices. This transfer can take several months and some never occur. In addition Capita has made a huge balls up of the cervical screening recall service. https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.l1347?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvnds-HO5QIVQdreCh358AwFEAAYAiAAEgKLafD_BwE

On 11/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Link

Have a read of this one.

Seeing as you don’t think the SNP care about Scotland, can you tell us which political party does actually care?

It isn’t fake logic. It’s what actually happened.

Maybe the likes of yourself need to stop looking at the EU through those hate filled glasses, learn about how the EU actually operates and learn about the wide agreement needed between all countries before laws are passed. Then compare it to the English parliament which actually can, and does dictate how and what happens to Scotland, Wales and NI.

Thanks to both of you for these details. I'll read through and consider them later.

If Independence within Europe is such a bad idea why do Plaid Cymru want it too?

Party leader Adam Price puts Wales breaking away from UK at centre of campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/04/plaid-cymru-election-could-spark-push-for-welsh-independence

In other news Sinn Fein (!) & SDLP both step down in 3 NI seats to avoid splitting the Remain vote - interesting times!

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Folk avoid politics because of posts on the general nonsense section of a St Mirren supporters forum? emoji23.png

:lol

Same regurgitated rubbish on every forum isn’t it? People posting content hoovered up from twitter or facebook pages 

12 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Nicola Sturgeon challenges Boris and Corbyn to a TV debate

So she’s resigning at First Minister and standing to be an MP at Westminster?

She’s not very bright! emoji23.png

A bit like [mention=12278]DougJamie[/mention] emoji8.png

What seat is Farage sitting for. I'm sure Nicola would be happy to settle for only getting the same TV exposure as him

Guest TPAFKATS
What seat is Farage sitting for. I'm sure Nicola would be happy to settle for only getting the same TV exposure as him
Sky are having a leaders debate featuring the leaders of the 1st, 2nd and 4th biggest parties at Westminster.
The party that has more Scottish seats than these 3 parties combined won't be represented.
Jo Swinson will have a platform on this debate unopposed by the party that will be her main challenge in her bid to retain her seat.

Irrespective of political view this represents a democratic deficit for Scottish voters.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Sky are having a leaders debate featuring the leaders of the 1st, 2nd and 4th biggest parties at Westminster.
The party that has more Scottish seats than these 3 parties combined won't be represented.
Jo Swinson will have a platform on this debate unopposed by the party that will be her main challenge in her bid to retain her seat.

Irrespective of political view this represents a democratic deficit for Scottish voters.

No argument from me mate, I'm not a desperate unionist trying to find any straw to clutch to 

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The supposed excuse is that the SNP are not going for seats in every UK country.

When did the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems start going for seats in Northern Ireland?

I genuinely don’t care about Leaders debates (and can understand point scoring and bleating from those who perceive themselves as disadvantaged), but...

you knew there’d be a “but”...

I somehow feel that Sturgeon will be the most publicised person on all parts of the media, within her constituency in the coming weeks.  She will not be harmed.

indeed, the decision to exclude her can be interpreted (and is being used by her acolytes) as yet another reason vote for her party.

Someone whose prime political aim is to be removed from the National  political scheme, is of no interest to the presumed audience for those shows.

Guest TPAFKATS
I genuinely don’t care about Leaders debates (and can understand point scoring and bleating from those who perceive themselves as disadvantaged), but...
I somehow feel that Sturgeon will be the most publicised person on all parts of the media, within her constituency in the coming weeks.  She will not be harmed.
indeed, the decision to exclude her can be interpreted (and is being used by her acolytes) as yet another reason vote for her party.
Someone whose prime political aim is to be removed from the National  political scheme, is of no interest to the presumed audience for those shows.
And yet when she appeared on tv debates in 2016 was of great interest to the UK wide audience and along with leanne wood took all the plaudits after the show.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
7 minutes ago, antrin said:

And yet when she appeared on tv debates in 2016 was of great interest to the UK wide audience and along with leanne wood took all the plaudits after the show.

Yes.  I know.

The quality of the other speakers was shite.  
that doesn’t detract from the point I made above.

we could have Jerry Seinfeld on the panel.

he would be intelligent, witty, incisive, cut through the shite... but his presence would not be justifiable.