Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Just as long as you are not in line to inherit anything.

Labour want to make the inheritance threshold £125k and then 40% tax over that. Within 6 months. Seemingly whether you can raise that tax or not.

That pretty much covers every person in Cornwall who owns any property of any size.

Are you sure you would want to vote for that?

I don’t own any property in Cornwall, and definitely don’t have anything that would tally up to 125K.

What I do know is how damaging 9 years of Tory austerity has been.

In fairness, a party who creates a different minimum wage for over 25s compared to those who are younger clearly have no idea what they’re doing. I’m over 25 but I fine well know we don’t all live in our parent’s houses being spoon fed everything until 25.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

a party obsessed with anti-semitism

How much truth is there to this though?

Of course, the minute you stand up for Palestine and call out Israel for the atrocities committed, this is the label handed to you. But on an actual serious note, how rife is hatred against Jews in the Labour Party?

We’ve heard nothing about it until Corbyn became leader where suddenly it’s a massive problem. But outside of calling out Israel, what actual evidence is there? Or is it just a label invented to protect Israel and allow them to continue destroying Palestine?

Meanwhile we have a Tory leader who has been openly quoted as making racist comments, xenophobic comments and islamophobic comments. But he never seems to get the same crap from the media.

The moment Corbyn steps down and the establishment manage to get another puppet back in charge of Labour, the “anti-semitism” will disappear.

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course, the minute you stand up for Palestine and call out Israel for the atrocities committed, this is the label handed to you. But on an actual serious note, how rife is hatred against Jews in the Labour Party?
We’ve heard nothing about it until Corbyn became leader where suddenly it’s a massive problem. But outside of calling out Israel, what actual evidence is there? Or is it just a label invented to protect Israel and allow them to continue destroying Palestine?
Meanwhile we have a Tory leader who has been openly quoted as making racist comments, xenophobic comments and islamophobic comments. But he never seems to get the same crap from the media.
The moment Corbyn steps down and the establishment manage to get another puppet back in charge of Labour, the “anti-semitism” will disappear.
Jewish woman on question time last week from Glasgow called this out for the shite it is.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just as long as you are not in line to inherit anything.

Labour want to make the inheritance threshold £125k and then 40% tax over that. Within 6 months. Seemingly whether you can raise that tax or not.

That pretty much covers every person in Cornwall who owns any property of any size.

Are you sure you would want to vote for that?

In all my years I can't remember a worse choice at an election. A party dedicated to Brexit, a party obsessed with anti-semitism who can't make their minds up on Brexit, a LibDem party who in all likelihood not have any voice and the SNP who would largely be ineffective.

I'm praying for a hung parliament until Johnson and/or Corbyn (preferably both) are consigned to retirement.

Weren't you against inherited wealth back in the day?

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Enough truth that many politicians have quit the party over it.

The Anti-Israel argument is just a nice fig leaf to hide anti-semitism under. That sort of tactic has been used and abused by everyone from the IRA to BNP and people see straight through it. We have seen it all before.

As for Johnson, I'm not sure there's much mileage in comparing one clown against another TBH.

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I don’t own any property in Cornwall, and definitely don’t have anything that would tally up to 125K.

What I do know is how damaging 9 years of Tory austerity has been.

In fairness, a party who creates a different minimum wage for over 25s compared to those who are younger clearly have no idea what they’re doing. I’m over 25 but I fine well know we don’t all live in our parent’s houses being spoon fed everything until 25.

I think people will and should vote for what matters to them. Under Labour, a very average £300k house in Cornwall would attract an inheritance tax bill of around £100k within 6 months regardless of whether or not you managed to sell the house. Labour can't seriously expect the average person to vote for such a personally damaging tax.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

No. I have changed my mind over many things but I have always believed that my estate should go fully to my children and nobody else.

Fairy Nuff!

I think you're wrong and that death duties (and higher tax rates( will be fairer for everyone even if goes against the MSMs (pretty much owned by rich white men) worship of wealth and it's "creators".

No-ones wealth is entirely self-made, it is built upon State support in education, communications (real & virtual) social stability & laws to protect contract and property rights. Without an active State, the conditions for capitalism to function would not exist, the security of capital would be threatened and the ability of wealthy individuals and corporations to exact profit would be greatly reduced.

Free marketeers like yourself often fail to acknowledge this and subsequently deny decent conditions for less fortunate citizens, progressive taxation is a fairer alternative. 

As always I fall back to my default position - Eat the Rich! 🍽️ 🥄

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Enough truth that many politicians have quit the party over it.

The Anti-Israel argument is just a nice fig leaf to hide anti-semitism under. That sort of tactic has been used and abused by everyone from the IRA to BNP and people see straight through it. We have seen it all before.

As for Johnson, I'm not sure there's much mileage in comparing one clown against another TBH.

Many of the politicians who have quit Labour have been the typical establishment ones many would call “Red Tories.” Come on oaky, you are a person of science, a person who likes evidence. I have seen nothing so far to suggest the hatred of Jews is rife in the party other than the comments against Israel which seem to be some sort of hideous crime. It all seems coincidental that it’s kicked up after Corbyn came in. All corners of the media make him out to be this horrendous, terror loving, Jew hating communist. And yet most allegations against him are fruitless. There is actual evidence of what Johnson has said about others, but very little suggesting Corbyn is leading the charge against Jews.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I think people will and should vote for what matters to them. Under Labour, a very average £300k house in Cornwall would attract an inheritance tax bill of around £100k within 6 months regardless of whether or not you managed to sell the house. Labour can't seriously expect the average person to vote for such a personally damaging tax.

I did say the options down here were pretty poor, and my choice of Labour would be the best of a bad lot. There is nothing possible that would ever make me vote for a Farage party, and the only time I’d vote Conservative is if the other option was a Farage party, BNP or the Nazis. That would leave me between Lib Dem and Labour, and in my opinion the Lib Dems cannot be trusted by a leader who has voted so often along the Tory line, and a leader so hypocritical she supports a second EU referendum while dismissing a second Scottish one. We all have our opinions on whether there should be a second referendum in any sense, but to support one and not the other is just ridiculous. I wouldn’t be overly willing to vote Labour as I feel the moment Corbyn is booted out they will go back to their old ways, but the other three options are just a complete disaster right now.

If I was in Scotland I’d be voting for SNP, and my preferred party down here is the Greens.

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
No. I have changed my mind over many things but I have always believed that my estate should go fully to my children and nobody else.

I thought you had a hatchback.

I thought he a humpback.  

Reported for mocking the disabled 

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fairy Nuff!

I think you're wrong and that death duties (and higher tax rates( will be fairer for everyone even if goes against the MSMs (pretty much owned by rich white men) worship of wealth and it's "creators".

No-ones wealth is entirely self-made, it is built upon State support in education, communications (real & virtual) social stability & laws to protect contract and property rights. Without an active State, the conditions for capitalism to function would not exist, the security of capital would be threatened and the ability of wealthy individuals and corporations to exact profit would be greatly reduced.

Free marketeers like yourself often fail to acknowledge this and subsequently deny decent conditions for less fortunate citizens, progressive taxation is a fairer alternative. 

As always I fall back to my default position - Eat the Rich! 🍽️ 🥄

Free marketeer? You really would be better off not trying to pigeonhole me. And you're crossing a line there with comments about me denying decent conditions for less fortunate people. Rein it in please. There's no need to get pissy and certainly no need to suggest I am lower down the moral high ground mountain than you without knowing anything about me and my circumstances. :D

The paragraph about state support I agree with and that's what I pay taxes for - income, VAT and NI. You're not getting your unwashed hands on half of my inheritance or that of my kids though. That is taking the piss but fortunately it's easy enough to get away with..

Family and self before anyone else bud. Most normal people behave the same way and quite rightly so but I respect your right to believe that you should care about others first. I'm not sure I believe you but I think you believe you genuinely mean it so I'll take you at face value.

As for Eat the Rich - you'll have to catch me first. :P

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Many of the politicians who have quit Labour have been the typical establishment ones many would call “Red Tories.” Come on oaky, you are a person of science, a person who likes evidence. I have seen nothing so far to suggest the hatred of Jews is rife in the party other than the comments against Israel which seem to be some sort of hideous crime. It all seems coincidental that it’s kicked up after Corbyn came in. All corners of the media make him out to be this horrendous, terror loving, Jew hating communist. And yet most allegations against him are fruitless. There is actual evidence of what Johnson has said about others, but very little suggesting Corbyn is leading the charge against Jews.

I did say the options down here were pretty poor, and my choice of Labour would be the best of a bad lot. There is nothing possible that would ever make me vote for a Farage party, and the only time I’d vote Conservative is if the other option was a Farage party, BNP or the Nazis. That would leave me between Lib Dem and Labour, and in my opinion the Lib Dems cannot be trusted by a leader who has voted so often along the Tory line, and a leader so hypocritical she supports a second EU referendum while dismissing a second Scottish one. We all have our opinions on whether there should be a second referendum in any sense, but to support one and not the other is just ridiculous. I wouldn’t be overly willing to vote Labour as I feel the moment Corbyn is booted out they will go back to their old ways, but the other three options are just a complete disaster right now.

If I was in Scotland I’d be voting for SNP, and my preferred party down here is the Greens.

I just gave you evidence and you dismissed it as fake news without providing any evidence of your own. "Red Tories"? :D

As I said, the comments are coming from Labour party MPs, former government ministers and activists who don't deserve to be dismissed as Red Tories by you or anyone else just because you don't like what they have to say. Stop denying the evidence in front of your own eyes. Blaming the press is a red herring. Those stories are coming from within the party itself.

To be fair, the SNP are still the only game in town for me up here. Without them I'd possibly not vote. I have toyed with the Tories but I can't defend Universal Credit in principle or practice because it removes tax credits from those who have saved up and it removes it from the self employed who are struggling to get their businesses started. I also don't want Brexit although I do accept it is undemocratic to revoke it and have argued that point as devils advocate (on this issue I couldn't really give a shit about the democratic will of the people though). Finally, I don't accept the decision not to pass the power to hold IndyRef2 to Scotland even though I would currently vote No in all likelihood for reason I've stated elsewhere. No other party interests me. I'd vote Brexit Party before I voted in a dinosaur like Corbyn. :P

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I thought you had a hatchback.

Had to get rid of it. Too small to hold my moat cleaning kit.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Free marketeer? You really would be better off not trying to pigeonhole me. And you're crossing a line there with comments about me denying decent conditions for less fortunate people. Rein it in please. There's no need to get pissy and certainly no need to suggest I am lower down the moral high ground mountain than you without knowing anything about me and my circumstances. :D

The paragraph about state support I agree with and that's what I pay taxes for - income, VAT and NI. You're not getting your unwashed hands on half of my inheritance or that of my kids though. That is taking the piss but fortunately it's easy enough to get away with..

Family and self before anyone else bud. Most normal people behave the same way and quite rightly so but I respect your right to believe that you should care about others first. I'm not sure I believe you but I think you believe you genuinely mean it so I'll take you at face value.

As for Eat the Rich - you'll have to catch me first. :P

It'd be easy to catch you , you'd be weighed down by all your gold. I'd have you with fava beans and a nice Chianti...🍽️ 🥄

PS - When did you become normal? :P

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I just gave you evidence and you dismissed it as fake news without providing any evidence of your own. "Red Tories"? :D

As I said, the comments are coming from Labour party MPs, former government ministers and activists who don't deserve to be dismissed as Red Tories by you or anyone else just because you don't like what they have to say. Stop denying the evidence in front of your own eyes. Blaming the press is a red herring. Those stories are coming from within the party itself.

I think there’s a lot more to this exodus of Labour MPs than “anti-semitism”. From the minute Corbyn became leader he has been smashed from all corners. “Peace talks” is translated as “Terrorist sympathiser”, renationalisation of services, more equality and better pay for the low-paid equate to “communist”, and as said above, “Israel are bad” translate to “anti-Semite.”

We continue to hear about this supposed problem in the party, yet we don’t actually seem to get full evidence of it other than word of mouth. They’ve been gunning to oust Corbyn from the start and when it comes to the establishment, they’ll do anything to make it happen. I believe the real reason behind the exodus has got nothing to do with anti-semitism and everything to do with kicking out Corbyn.

We see the same shit regarding Trump in the US. Yes the man is a complete knobend, but all this random crap they throw at him in their bids to impeach him - it’s mainly pish. They tried doing him in for supposed Russian collusion while completely ignoring the actual hard evidence that the DNC were aiming to guarantee Clinton defeating Sanders.

Until I see evidence of Corbyn or his supporters singing and talking about hating the Jews, I will believe it’s just the establishment gunning to boot this guy out because he isn’t who they want. I am still willing to say that the moment Corbyn is gone and replaced by the usual puppet, this “problem” will magically disappear.

In short

Prepare for another Tory Gov, and we deserve it.

The opposition are either in denial , in chaos, or in the shitter

The other parties have shown, unlike the Brexit and Tories, that common ground is no reason for alliance , we have two daft bats in Corbyn and Swinton who actually are pitching a majority Gov win

You heard it here first...……. the Exit( pre entry) poll

Tories 343

Labour 201

SNP 49

Liberal 45

Others - the Rest   

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nice to see on the Beeb news that Google are making money from the election by auctioning off  our search details to interested parties (sic) - k£rching!

Did you really not know that this type  of thing is how companies like Google make their money?

That "free" internet has to be paid for somehow and we are the product.

This will continue and intensify until advertisers realise that just because people buy pants today doesn't mean they'll buy pants again anytime soon.

Then this entire fundamentally flawed data-led business model will fail and goodness knows how the Youtuber generation will then make a living. :P

Edited by oaksoft