Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

On 11/11/2019 at 6:36 PM, oaksoft said:

Enough truth that many politicians have quit the party over it.

The Anti-Israel argument is just a nice fig leaf to hide anti-semitism under. That sort of tactic has been used and abused by everyone from the IRA to BNP and people see straight through it. We have seen it all before.

As for Johnson, I'm not sure there's much mileage in comparing one clown against another TBH.

Zionists use the term, 'The New Anti-Semitism' to describe those who criticise Israel as (using your term) 'a fig leaf' to disguise their racism against Jews.  However, there  is another dimension to this: the accusation of anti-Semitism is used as a tactic to deflect justified criticism away from Israel in their treatment of the Palestinians.

As the late Israeli Minister of Education, Shulamit Aloni once said, 'The charge of anti-Semitism is always employed when people criticise Israel.  By raising the Holocaust and the suffering of the Jewish people justifies everything we do to the Palestinians'.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Did you really not know that this type  of thing is how companies like Google make their money?

That "free" internet has to be paid for somehow and we are the product.

This will continue and intensify until advertisers realise that just because people buy pants today doesn't mean they'll buy pants again anytime soon.

Then this entire fundamentally flawed data-led business model will fail and goodness knows how the Youtuber generation will then make a living. :P

Yeah of course I knew and I'm hoping my activity on this site is so erratic that it will bring the system down from the inside - Power to the Peeeeeepuuuuuull!

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The SNP intends to use the pound outwith a formal currency union after Scexit

This of course means that England will control our monetary policy without us having any say

Yes it will and I'd like to hear them questioned over that specifically to make sure they've really thought it through but a lot will depend on how long that arrangement will last. A few years (1 - 5) might be OK but much longer than that could be a problem.

To be honest, a move to join the EU and use the Euro might be the best approach.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To be honest, a move to join the EU and use the Euro might be the best approach.

I agree with this. The only problem is the path to getting back in the EU - will it be part of a Indy Scotland pledge, or will it be a referendum in an Indy Scotland? The Euro is probably the best way going forward but can’t be guaranteed to begin with.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yes it will and I'd like to hear them questioned over that specifically to make sure they've really thought it through but a lot will depend on how long that arrangement will last. A few years (1 - 5) might be OK but much longer than that could be a problem.

I'd like us to take a similar approach to Poland.

From Wiki;

Poland does not use the euro as its currency. However, under the terms of their Treaty of Accession with the European Union, all new Member States "shall participate in the Economic and Monetary Union from the date of accession as a Member State with a derogation", which means that Poland is obliged to eventually replace its currency, the złoty, with the euro.

This means we could technically keep the £ for an indefinite period - but show the EU that we are committed to their long term project, which may allow us to have the "best of both worlds" without actually committing to joining the Euro:ph34r: (but gives us a back up option if England are being dicks)

Guest TPAFKATS

It's a Westminster election. Moving the subject onto what an independent Scotland may or may not do IF the SNP were in power is the kind of diversion tactic that Johnson and "senior number 10 advisors" © BBC political correspondents would be proud of.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's a Westminster election. Moving the subject onto what an independent Scotland may or may not do IF the SNP were in power is the kind of diversion tactic that Johnson and "senior number 10 advisors" © BBC political correspondents would be proud of.

Tell the Brexiteers that.

The amount of them saying they’ll vote Tory to get their Brexit is getting ridiculous. Never mind another 5 torturous years of Tory policy, a further depleted NHS and further poverty, as long as they get their Brexit it’s worth it.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

On this forum the discussion moves to wherever people want to take it.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Tell the Brexiteers that.

The amount of them saying they’ll vote Tory to get their Brexit is getting ridiculous. Never mind another 5 torturous years of Tory policy, a further depleted NHS and further poverty, as long as they get their Brexit it’s worth it.

And that is their right. It's the exact same argument levelled at Yessers.

As far as the NHS is concerned, I hate to break it to you but it is in need of radical reform. You simply cannot continue to throw ever more resources at it.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And that is their right. It's the exact same argument levelled at Yessers.

As far as the NHS is concerned, I hate to break it to you but it is in need of radical reform. You simply cannot continue to throw ever more resources at it.

Many Yes voters do generally agree with much of the SNP policies though, and for those who don’t, they know they can vote different in an independent Scotland so they aren’t tied to SNP rule. When Brexit happens we will still be stuck with the Tories.

The NHS does need reform, I don’t disagree with that. What it doesn’t need is endless privatisation where profit matters more than healthcare, and that’s the endgame the Tories are gunning for.