Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Well I think those saying we've had a referendum and  we voted NO are hoping that will be that and it will all be happy families and it will all go away. Clearly it won't. I'm not suggesting your own personal preference either, i'm talking about those in general against another referendum

No need to go away, would just be nice to accept the democratic vote. 

Whatever happens I won't get all upset like many, accept the results and get on with my life. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

No need to go away, would just be nice to accept the democratic vote. 

Whatever happens I won't get all upset like many, accept the results and get on with my life. 

I'm not going into all the reason again of why we're requesting a new referendum but safe to say i'm not upset ... passionate yes, but i have many other things that take up my time and my life this is just one part.

2 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Yes or no, did the majority of voters in Scotland vote against independence?

Why are you using the line of questioning that a football manager is asked after losing 7-0 "How do you feel after that 7-0 drubbing?" The answer is so obvious that the question is just silly.

So being told the 1st referendum was a once in a generation vote was just a lie? Is Sturgeon going to have a 3rd vote if she loses a 2nd? Hopefully Boris continues to say no as is his right. The people of Scotland voted NO. What part of that do you or Sturgeon no understand?

Out of interest, where did this "lie" come from, what was the context?

As long as the SNP get a mandate from the Scottish people to do so, then, yes, the 3rd one can happen.

The people of Scotland voted no in 2014 but I think it's fair to say that quite a lot has changed since that happened and that the same quite a lot probably swayed a fair chunk of the 10% difference.

Boris doesn't have the right to say no, the people of Scotland are sovereign in Scotland, not Westminster, as confirmed by Westminster in June 2018. The current Scottish Government was elected by the people of Scotland on a manifesto giving it the right to hold another referendum if there was a material change such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against its will. That will happen once Boris's deal gets voted for - 20 December iirc - at which point the request is made. If Boris says no the Scottish Court will then hand Boris his arse on a plate. Again.

That's democracy for ya.

Guest TPAFKATS
So being told the 1st referendum was a once in a generation vote was just a lie? Is Sturgeon going to have a 3rd vote if she loses a 2nd? Hopefully Boris continues to say no as is his right. The people of Scotland voted NO. What part of that do you or Sturgeon no understand?
"Sturgeon"
"Boris"

Says it all

Think you may find at time SNP said it was once in a generation vote. Also the government also said thst hence why there should be no 2nd vote.
Specifically, where did it come from? I know the answer, I'm calling you on it, answer the question.

few days before the 2014 Scottish independence referendum, then-First Minister Alex Salmond said that the vote was a “once in a generation opportunity”. Yet just two and a half years after Scots voted to remain part of the United Kingdom, the Scottish Parliament has voted in favour of holding a second referendum.
Correct, in an interview one person, not the SNP and never policy, offered his opinion - fwiw I agreed with him - that it was a once in in a generation opportunity. He was wrong, we now have another opportunity.

Are you now prepared to concede that it wasn't a lie?

Was a lie on the then SNP leader part.
Good grief, why can't you understand the difference between offering an opinion and a lie. It wasn't a lie, it was what he (and me, too) thought was the case based on the information available at the time. Things have moved on and we were both wrong but neither of us was lying. If you can't grasp that there's no point in responding.

Where do we have this opportunity as Boris is saying no chance?
Read my first post, Boris doesn't have the authority or the right to say no to the will of the people of Scotland as confirmed in the House of Commons in June 2018. As I've already explained.

Just admit u are beaten in this debate and cannot handle fact Scotland doesnt want independence. Long may it continue.
I'm not "beaten", you've added nothing beyond your subjective opinion to any of the objective points I've made. Perhaps if you do I might change my mind, just like I did in thinking that the original indyref was a once in a generation opportunity.