shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

26 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Johnson has a reshuffle.

Javid is told he can remain as chancellor if he sacks all his treasury advisors. emoji23.png

Javid resigns...

Javid was also told the replacement advisors would be hand picked by No.10.

The dictatorship continues to form it’s shape.

That's a given. They'll be doing what Cummings tells them anyway.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That's a given. They'll be doing what Cummings tells them anyway.

The ironic thing is many of the people who voted Tory were complaining of “unelected bureaucrats” and the (non-existent) “EU dictatorship”.

Now it’s an unelected dictator running the country. It be f**king hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.  

The ironic thing is many of the people who voted Tory were complaining of “unelected bureaucrats” and the (non-existent) “EU dictatorship”.
Now it’s an unelected dictator running the country. It be f**king hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.  
Most who voted won't care at the moment. Nothing has dramatically changed yet. Until it does they will believe they made the right decision. That's not a criticism BTW.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Most who voted won't care at the moment. Nothing has dramatically changed yet. Until it does they will believe they made the right decision. That's not a criticism BTW.

Aye mate I do agree with you. They’ll ignore it as much as they possibly can. Just like seeing the lights coming on the train track yet you still head towards them.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Will it be a benign dictatorship? 

Considering it’s Cummings it’ll be f**king cancerous.

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of Boris on this.

He has two priorities in this parliament.

1) Deliver Brexit and a trade deal with the EU and other countries.

2) Reward previously Labour held seats for voting Tory and thus consolidate those seats,

If he nails both he'll potentially stop Labour ever winning again in our lifetimes.

Now put yourself in his position and ask what you'd do to deliver on both of those things.

I would want any dissenters, useless f**kers or non-team players binned immediately.

I would want a single set of advisors across the departments controlled from one place to avoid the nonsense which crippled the last Labour government.

I would also want complete personal control over the governments agenda moving forwards.

I have to say that strategically I think he's doing the right thing at the moment.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
2) Reward previously Labour held seats for voting Tory and thus consolidate those seats,
If he nails both he'll potentially stop Labour ever winning again in our lifetimes.
Now put yourself in his position and ask what you'd do to deliver on both of those things.
I would want any dissenters, useless f**kers or non-team players binned immediately.
I would want a single set of advisors across the departments controlled from one place to avoid the nonsense which crippled the last Labour government.
I would also want complete personal control over the governments agenda moving forwards.
I have to say that strategically I think he's doing the right thing at the moment.

So he wants a dictatorship?

Aye, so shut it ya fanny.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So he wants a dictatorship?

You say that as though it's a bad thing.

Out with the old Chancellor with a shady past in HedgeFunding - in with the new.....

Two questions

1.  If the company had to pay an £8M fine then surely it's evasion not avoidance?
  2.  Surely it's a party matter and should be answered by a party spokesman not a treasury source?

Degorce and Sunak both worked for the Children’s Investment Fund Management, a hedge fund run by the billionaire Sir Chris Hohn, which also had links to companies in the Cayman Islands, Labour said. This week the EU has added the British overseas territory to its blacklist of tax havens. Use of tax havens is legal.

However, Degorce was also the founder of Theleme Partners, a hedge fund which Sunak helped to start in 2009. Degorce was ordered to repay about £8m in tax after he was found to have used a film investment partnership tax avoidance scheme.

McDonnell said: “Clearly Mr Sunak has questions to answer about his past activities and associations.”

Advertisement

A Treasury source said: “We will take no lectures from the Labour party, who seem to be stuck playing the same old political games rather than listening to what the public wants. The chancellor is focused on levelling up and delivering on the promises made to the British in last years election.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Out with the old Chancellor with a shady past in HedgeFunding - in with the new.....

Two questions

1.  If the company had to pay an £8M fine then surely it's evasion not avoidance?
  2.  Surely it's a party matter and should be answered by a party spokesman not a treasury source?

It's tax evasion for me.

Use of a legitimate tax avoidance scheme for illegitimate purposes is evasion.

4 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

There is little more soul destroying than to see someone who has benefitted from her parents coming to the UK and her wishing to close the door to other similar people. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, TPAFKATS said:

All going to plan for Cummings?

I doubt whether Dom & BoJo would've wanted Chancellor Rishi "Kerching" Sunak (with his shady connections to Tax Evasion) to present us with the Keynesian themed Budget he did yesterday.

As another Old Etonian former PM Harold McMillan is often misquoted as saying "Events. dear boy, Events"!! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not just a bridge but a combi bridge/tunnel!

No 10 set to announce feasibility study into bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland, says minister

Alister Jack, the Scottish secretary, told BBC Radio Scotland this morning that Boris Johnson would soon announce a feasibility study into plans for a bridge linking Scotland to Northern Ireland. In an interview this morning, asked why there was no money for the plan in the budget, he replied: “Watch this space.” He went on:

The prime minister I expect will announce a feasibility study into the link to Northern Ireland. I hope the Scottish government will back it.

Johnson has a fondness for extravagant infrastructure schemes and he has repeatedly expressed interest in a bridge linking Scotland and Northern Ireland, despite experts dismissing the idea as impractical. Jack has suggested that the scheme could involve a combination of tunnel and bridge.

With a pandemic & Brexit combining to push us towards a super-recession perhaps the Tories should follow Nicola Sturgeon's lead (see below) and concentrate on the day-job!

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, has told the Scottish parliament that she is minded to recommend the cancellation of events involving crowds or more than 500 people from next week, the BBC’s Glenn Campbell reports.

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
6 hours ago, shull said:
Has a new son. 
Congratulations Boris. 

Not the first and only bastard to reside in Downing Street, possibly the youngest.

Boris is doing a magnificent job under present circumstances.