What Do We Need for Next Season?

Our defence and goalkeeping is first rate. We have some depth there too. Hopefully we can tie most of them down to play here again.

We definitely need something in midfield. Someone who can close off and control the middle of the pitch. We don't have much depth here IMO and we saw that today when the Kyles went off.

We also need strengthening up front. We have good committed pros now but we need a proper striker who can get us 10 goals or more or a poacher.

I reckon we need maybe no more than 5 or 6 quality additions plus most of our current squad signing up.

If we do that I am certain we're good enough to challenge for 6th or 7th.

We'd have been there if we'd not had the clusterf**k of 4-6 months down the pan at the start of the season.

With Hamilton, Livi, Ross County in our division, I am very confident for next year.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Neither you nor the idiot from Arbroath are getting a bite out of me today or any other day. 🤣

You're funny. :lol:

Until this season you, quite rightly, hardly posted in any threads to do with football.

This season, all of a sudden, you post the usual brainless soundbites, yet you have nothing in common with Paisley or anyone who supports St Mirren.

You don't watch any football, your social inadequacies are plain for all to see, only working with the family as you quite simply could not handle Joe Public. 

I do enjoy your posts, full of thoughtless words and showing you know nothing about football. :byebye

I was going to keep this for after the celebrations, but here goes.  The question marks are simply that, i.e. there are reasons why we would want them to return. But it will be another big turnover of players - it has to be that way . . . step change upwards, money well spent...

Summer in / outs

1.    Outs                                                  Needed            Retain

2. 1.    Eckersley                                                                   Hladky (If we don’t sell him)

3.   2.   Corbu    ?                                           RB                   P. McGinn

4.  3.   Dreyer  Loan (come back please)  RM                 Baird

5.  4.   Ferdinand                                         CB                   Popescu

6.  5.   Heaton                                              CB                   Muzek?

7.   6.  Hodson   Loan          ?                      CM                  Erhahon

8.    7. Holmes    Loan         ?                      GK                   Tansey (hope he recovers)

9.   8.  Kellerman                                                                 Magennis

1. 9.Nazon                                                CF                   S McGinn     

1.  10. Lyons     Loan                                   LM                  Flynn                         

2.  11 MacKenzie    ?  (fitness?)                                       MacPherson

1.   12 MacAllister     Loan                         RM                 Mullen

1  13 .Danny Rodgers   Loan                    CF                   Jackson

1  14..                                                                                      Cooke

Just now, buddies1877 said:

We need to mainly strengthen our attack threat as that’s what we have hugely lacked.

Mcallister and Morgan both back next year on loan would be ideal but we can only dream

McAllister would seem a reasonable bet, doubt Morgan, although a lot depends on what happens at Celtic with Lennon in charge. 

26 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I was going to keep this for after the celebrations, but here goes.  The question marks are simply that, i.e. there are reasons why we would want them to return. But it will be another big turnover of players - it has to be that way . . . step change upwards, money well spent...

Summer in / outs

1.    Outs                                                  Needed            Retain

2. 1.    Eckersley                                                                   Hladky (If we don’t sell him)

3.   2.   Corbu    ?                                           RB                   P. McGinn

4.  3.   Dreyer  Loan (come back please)  RM                 Baird

5.  4.   Ferdinand                                         CB                   Popescu

6.  5.   Heaton                                              CB                   Muzek?

7.   6.  Hodson   Loan          ?                      CM                  Erhahon

8.    7. Holmes    Loan         ?                      GK                   Tansey (hope he recovers)

9.   8.  Kellerman                                                                 Magennis

1. 9.Nazon                                                CF                   S McGinn     

1.  10. Lyons     Loan                                   LM                  Flynn                         

2.  11 MacKenzie    ?  (fitness?)                                       MacPherson

1.   12 MacAllister     Loan                         RM                 Mullen

1  13 .Danny Rodgers   Loan                    CF                   Jackson

1  14..                                                                                      Cooke

Corbu is already away.

15 minutes ago, delpierro said:

I'm invoking the spirit of Alex Ferguson, circa '83, after the Dons, won the Scottish Cup. emoji6.png

I remember it well.

Roy Keane after Man Utd won the 1999 European Cup was another.

Edited by oaksoft

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're funny. :lol:

Until this season you, quite rightly, hardly posted in any threads to do with football.

This season, all of a sudden, you post the usual brainless soundbites, yet you have nothing in common with Paisley or anyone who supports St Mirren.

You don't watch any football, your social inadequacies are plain for all to see, only working with the family as you quite simply could not handle Joe Public. 

I do enjoy your posts, full of thoughtless words and showing you know nothing about football. :byebye

I am probably one of only about 3 posters on here who don't have you on Ignore.

If talking to yourself is the result you are after, by all means fill your boots.

2 minutes ago, herman_munster said:

I am looking forward to doing battle with those smellie accie bastards again what about you?

YES THIS  ^^^^ they are fodder next season after losing a few of their better diddies . . . 12 points for us unless we finish in the top 6. Then it will only be 9 points   !!!

Jesus f**king Christ. Do we really need this thread tonight? Can’t we be allowed a couple of days of relief/enjoyment without armchair managers chipping in with where we went wrong and “what do we need for next season”?
Some people need to learn how to live in the moment and enjoy themselves.

1 hour ago, delpierro said:

If you think Jack Baird, Paul Ginn are first rate, you're deluded.

One thing is absolutely certain though, that irrespective of how good they are, without a doubt they are better players for St Mirren than you are as a (supposed) supporter.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
1 hour ago, delpierro said:

If you think Jack Baird, Paul Ginn are first rate, you're deluded.

Neither you nor the idiot from Arbroath are getting a bite out of me today or any other day. 🤣

Might I ask who the idiot from Arbroath is?

23 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Jesus f**king Christ. Do we really need this thread tonight? Can’t we be allowed a couple of days of relief/enjoyment without armchair managers chipping in with where we went wrong and “what do we need for next season”?
Some people need to learn how to live in the moment and enjoy themselves

I would agree................ except that living 'in the moment' generally only lasts a moment and then like all Saints fans we start wondering about the next game even though it's a little while away?  😎😎

Goalie signed. Sorted. Keep P McGinn, Baird and Popescu at the back, although Popescu has been well ropey last few weeks. Middle of the park, keep Flynn and Magennis. S McGinn possibly for sentimental reasons or off the bench. Up top keep Mullen and possibly Cooke. Would take McAllister back if all parties agreed. Rest can go, maybe harsh and maybe Hodson can stay if he's up for it. Erhahon and MacPherson can stay to warm bench. Think MacKenzie just too old and injury prone.

6 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Goalie signed. Sorted. Keep P McGinn, Baird and Popescu at the back, although Popescu has been well ropey last few weeks. Middle of the park, keep Flynn and Magennis. S McGinn possibly for sentimental reasons or off the bench. Up top keep Mullen and possibly Cooke. Would take McAllister back if all parties agreed. Rest can go, maybe harsh and maybe Hodson can stay if he's up for it. Erhahon and MacPherson can stay to warm bench. Think MacKenzie just too old and injury prone.

While Mckenzie has his share of injuries, a sore one today, how many game shave we lost when he's been in the team? 

IMO well worth another season, never lets the team down, a solid defender, even in this league. 

While Mckenzie has his share of injuries, a sore one today, how many game shave we lost when he's been in the team? 
IMO well worth another season, never lets the team down, a solid defender, even in this league. 
Agree would like to keep him. And yes lost no games he's played. Would love to keep him but 7 appearances this year and another injury ravaged year ahead would make me sentimentality cut lose FS

22 minutes ago, scam75 said:

It's a point of view; however big mac has had his injury sorted and has been a star in these last few games and proof of that is in him being injured again during the match (twice) and Hodson for me is an excellent player who can drop into several positions, a definite keep I think,  but then I am not OK, but OK is OK. ☺️