What Do We Need for Next Season?

Guest TPAFKATS
If attendance stays at the same growth rate of 20% over the next 5 years then yes we will need a bigger stadium. It’s not rocket science :whistle
If my belly keeps up its same rate of growth I'll need new trousers...

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
11 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
If attendance stays at the same growth rate of 20% over the next 5 years then yes we will need a bigger stadium. It’s not rocket science :whistle

If my belly keeps up its same rate of growth I'll need new trousers...

I would keep a careful eye on your wife/partner.

It's well known they shrink trousers in the wash to make males feel guilty/fat. :wink:

20 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Ferdinand played an important role on Sunday. Going down to 10 and losing McKenzie could have seen us rattled, but he was so calm and read the game incredibly well. 

Quite a few times it was coming to him and I was expecting a hoof forward, but he calmly picked out a midfielder and we retained possession instead of handing it back.

Even though he's not played much, I'm very glad he stuck to his promise to stay around and help us stay up.

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ferdinand played an important role on Sunday. Going down to 10 and losing McKenzie could have seen us rattled, but he was so calm and read the game incredibly well. 

Quite a few times it was coming to him and I was expecting a hoof forward, but he calmly picked out a midfielder and we retained possession instead of handing it back.

Even though he's not played much, I'm very glad he stuck to his promise to stay around and help us stay up.

Here here

I thought young Rio (Anton) was immense when he came on.  He was the picture of professionalism and calm in a sea of strain, jadedness and pressure.

Also I hasten to add.....I noticed Rio (Anton) at the Hamilton game and on Saturday lingering on the pitch at half time instead of making his way straight to the dressing room.  Rio (Anton) then made a point (particularly against Hamilton) of speaking to each and every player as they re-took the field.  He tried the same on Saturday but was slightly less successful owing only to the order the players re-appeared. He is clearly a good guy who cares about the game, his colleagues and the team he plays for. 

Well done Rio (Anton), well done indeed

Edited by TediousTom

Here here

I thought young Rio was immense when he came on.  He was the picture of professionalism and calm in a sea of strain, jadedness and pressure.
Also I hasten to add.....I noticed Rio at the Hamilton game and on Saturday lingering on the pitch at half time instead of making his way straight to the dressing room.  Rio then made a point (particularly against Hamilton) of speaking to each and every player as they re-took the field.  He tried the same on Saturday but was slightly less successful owing only to the order the players re-appeared. He is clearly a good guy who cares about the game, his colleagues and the team he plays for. 

Well done Rio, well done indeed

Rio ?

2 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I would keep a careful eye on your wife/partner.

It's well known they shrink trousers in the wash to make males feel guilty/fat. :wink:

Wondered why the misses shrink my pants. :huh: 

14 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He is old . We have to make allowances emoji23.png

Doesn't he know that eventually the same old running gag runs out of steam and is no longer funny? Death of many a sitcom He should give its  rest as it it's just a pain now

53 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, TediousTom said:
Here here

I thought young Rio was immense when he came on.  He was the picture of professionalism and calm in a sea of strain, jadedness and pressure.
Also I hasten to add.....I noticed Rio at the Hamilton game and on Saturday lingering on the pitch at half time instead of making his way straight to the dressing room.  Rio then made a point (particularly against Hamilton) of speaking to each and every player as they re-took the field.  He tried the same on Saturday but was slightly less successful owing only to the order the players re-appeared. He is clearly a good guy who cares about the game, his colleagues and the team he plays for. 

Well done Rio, well done indeed

Rio ?

Wahahahahahahahaha

Made a tadger of myself, a tadger of myself indeed

Guest TPAFKATS
Would offer Anton a player/coach role if that is the road he wants to go down. 
Aye, he's been a calming helpful influence these last few weeks when he's been on the sidelines. Think his future may be back home closer to family though?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Aye, he's been a calming helpful influence these last few weeks when he's been on the sidelines. Think his future may be back home closer to family though?

Whatever he and the club decide,  I'm sure he'll always be fondly remembered for his efforts this season. 

3 hours ago, Danny said:
3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He is old . We have to make allowances emoji23.png

Doesn't he know that eventually the same old running gag runs out of steam and is no longer funny? Death of many a sitcom He should give its  rest as it it's just a pain now

In your opinion ............of course. 😎

We surely have enough coaches, and I don't think we can rely on Anton to play next season at this level. 

All money should be going in to the squad, next season is a chance to kick on and aim for 5th to 8th position and the prize money that goes with that. We really need to make some serious improvements to the squad to do that though.

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

We surely have enough coaches, and I don't think we can rely on Anton to play next season at this level. 

All money should be going in to the squad, next season is a chance to kick on and aim for 5th to 8th position and the prize money that goes with that. We really need to make some serious improvements to the squad to do that though.

Does that mean, as some suggest, selling our best players to improve the squad. :unsure: 

2 hours ago, munoz said:

You must surely realise that there will be a meltdown on here if we sign any more backroom staff . . .  🆗

But yes - great pro and the kind of commitment we want to "instil" into our players.. :magic