What Do We Need for Next Season?

43 minutes ago, elvis said:
16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
How can you say that when you thought we'd get beat every week?  Are you really saying he was rubbish?   emoji41.png

Slight exaggeration there from.

I was only trying to employ your usual logic...

Any way what chance have we got fro survival next season? Nil, zilch, none . . . :P

What do we need for next season?

I think you need to ask a more telling question first, like 'Where do we want to be this time next year?' And if its not being relegated..?

then the answer to the first question above is....

INVESTMENT, INVESTMENT, INVESTMENT..!

with Uncle Roy coming back up with his pet project of investing in Ross County, coupled with the investment put into every other club including Hamilton & Livingston we will be chasing our tails yet again trying to compete with probably, if not the lowest budget, not far off it!

we have the only board that do not invest, and when every other board does invest it doesnt take a genius to work out which team, or teams will be fighting relegation again. Until we have investment which could include funds from additional revenue streams, then we will be relegation candidates from the off. Thats just the way of it in the top league.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you need to ask a more telling question first, like 'Where do we want to be this time next year?' And if its not being relegated..?

with Uncle Roy coming back up with his pet project of investing in Ross County, coupled with the investment put into every other club including Hamilton & Livingston we will be chasing our tails yet again trying to compete with probably, if not the lowest budget, not far off it!

we have the only board that do not invest, and when every other board does invest it doesnt take a genius to work out which team, or teams will be fighting relegation again. Until we have investment which could include funds from additional revenue streams, then we will be relegation candidates from the off. Thats just the way of it in the top league.

We are doomed . . . unless we sack Oran and get you to pick the team (since he did not go back to Ireland like you asserted he would) - then we will have no midgets playing up front - especially Danny Mullen who scored the equaliser on Sunday. . .  and are we not already bankrupted because you said we'd only sign 2 or 3 players and we signed 12, and all those huge pay-offs... so yes we are doomed already - let's invest nothing and go down and see if we can recover any of this massive debt we have amassed..

Do you ever read your own posts?   :ninja

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

We are doomed . . . unless we sack Oran and get you to pick the team (since he did not go back to Ireland like you asserted he would) - then we will have no midgets playing up front - especially Danny Mullen who scored the equaliser on Sunday. . .  and are we not already bankrupted because you said we'd only sign 2 or 3 players and we signed 12, and all those huge pay-offs... so yes we are doomed already - let's invest nothing and go down and see if we can recover any of this massive debt we have amassed..

Do you ever read your own posts?   :ninja

All we really need is Top Cat and a "tick-tock" thread (conspicuous by his absence last few days)

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wait a minute, are you having a go at the board ? I must say that I am in shock at this development.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lets put it another way to close down the roasters angle. So does anyone think we have a realistic chance of avoiding a relegation battle if there is no investment?

Depends on the recruitment.

County will have a good sized budget, but I don’t think they’ll go way over and they’ve started to cut back in recent years. We’ll be on a par with most teams in the bottom six unless attendances pick up.

In terms of the board investing, I’ll wait with interest to see our financials for the past season as id be shocked if we’d turned a profit. On that basis, what more can they give? I don’t want the club to propped up by a sugar daddy.

In terms of what you said about Hamilton and Livvy, what further investment have they had? Not seen any announcements saying so.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lets put it another way to close down the roasters angle. So does anyone think we have a realistic chance of avoiding a relegation battle if there is no investment?

Well we are sitting with a team that was playing top 6 since February - we are clearing out the guys that are no longer needed (freeing up space and finance) and we have a full Premiership budget this year (Do you remember what a budget actually is? - I recall you not grasping this many times previously)

Then we will sign better replacements - and there looks as if there will be more John McGinn money coming our way. We might even sell Hladky or Magennis and bring in another 6 figure sum - for the moment we do not know for certain - just like you don't with your no investment tripe...

The Roasters angle  -   priceless when you mirror your position onto others . . . keep up the entertainment - you are a laugh for all the wrong reasons . . :fire2

26 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Depends on the recruitment.

County will have a good sized budget, but I don’t think they’ll go way over and they’ve started to cut back in recent years. We’ll be on a par with most teams in the bottom six unless attendances pick up.

In terms of the board investing, I’ll wait with interest to see our financials for the past season as id be shocked if we’d turned a profit. On that basis, what more can they give? I don’t want the club to propped up by a sugar daddy.

In terms of what you said about Hamilton and Livvy, what further investment have they had? Not seen any announcements saying so.

County will spend way more than us, without apportioning debt to he club. Look at this one ongoing investment project at Hamilton https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/accies-fc-change-stadium-name-14061941

thats their second main investor in six months, and it sees a partnership that will generate a significant extra income stream for years to come. The board (sorry chairman) at smfc do not want anyone else involved who may have an influence. In the premiership thats simply just not sustainable. Every club needs investment to survive!

25 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I believe I may be a roaster according to LPM. emoji23.png

I don't remember him calling me or any other folk by that term when he was canvassing us all to support GLS and SMISA in the buy out.

I can't think for a second what's changed. emoji23.png

PS, LPM you found that email yet?

Aye right!

at the same time I was canvassing people to join smisa, I was canvassing multi million a year businesses to partner the club in revenue generating plans. The club wouldnt even take, or make a phone call. I knew that additional investment was required to become, and remain a top league side.

whats your story bud?