Good luck and best wishes to Captain fantastic

Slightly off topic, but having listened to S McGinn in the after match interviews, congrats to him, his future wife and all of his family in the coming celebrations. Not perhaps his finest game; he nevertheless played a captains part and his delight at the final whistle was a joy to see. I like grafters and all the McGinn brothers are certainly that.

Don't know if it is the academy system or something their mother puts in their tea but all 3 McGinns' all come with "the right stuff".  They all have given 100% for the Club and jersey. 

Not always our greatest individual players but when you look at their attitude, professionalism, commitment etc. a lot of other players could learn from them about what it means to be a 'professional". 

If some of our "talented" prima donna's over the years had shared that attitude, they may have gone on to far greater heights.

Both McGinns have had their lows this season but don't think the fans ever doubted their commitment. 

That attitude OK has instilled in whole team.

Edited by bonzoboys

Is this the same John McGinn who walked out on club at end of his contract? Never responded to clubs contract offer's and never told them his intentions? Looked at going to America where we would not have got a penny in compensation and when that never worked out signed for Hibs? Didn't care if the club who developed him got a penny by going to America.. some people have short memories...

1 minute ago, gstretchuk said:

Is this the same John McGinn who walked out on club at end of his contract? Never responded to clubs contract offer's and never told them his intentions? Looked at going to America where we would not have got a penny in compensation and when that never worked out signed for Hibs? Didn't care if the club who developed him got a penny by going to America.. some people have short memories...

At a club of our size players and managers will move on to bigger things.

John's transfer to Hibs in the end worked out very well for us. In fact, the sell on to Aston Villa now makes him the biggest transfer fee we have ever received. His agent was doing what was needed to force the move, it could have been handled better but on the other hand issues around the insurance payment after John got a spear through this leg could also have been handled better from the clubs side.

John has even come back and sat in the stand home and away supporting us & his brothers. Last time I saw him was at Tynecastle earlier this season sat in with the St Mirren fans.

You can either enjoy and celebrate the progress of guys like McGinn, McLean, and Jack Ross....or you can be bitter and twisted about how they left, transfer fees received, how many clubs they talked to etc. It is no surprise you would choose the latter, the majority of us though try to be a bit more positive about things and will enjoy seeing Paul Dummett, John McGinn and Kenny McLean up against the best players in the world next season and hoping the likes of Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan and Kyle Magennis can kick on with their careers and join them up there too one day.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

John's transfer to Hibs in the end worked out very well for us. In fact, the sell on to Aston Villa now makes him the biggest transfer fee we have ever received. His agent was doing what was needed to force the move, it could have been handled better but on the other hand issues around the insurance payment after John got a spear through this leg could also have been handled better from the clubs side.

John has even come back and sat in the stand home and away supporting us & his brothers. Last time I saw him was at Tynecastle earlier this season sat in with the St Mirren fans.

You can either enjoy and celebrate the progress of guys like McGinn, McLean, and Jack Ross....or you can be bitter and twisted about how they left, transfer fees received, how many clubs they talked to etc. It is no surprise you would choose the latter, the majority of us though try to be a bit more positive about things and will enjoy seeing Paul Dummett, John McGinn and Kenny McLean up against the best players in the world next season and hoping the likes of Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan and Kyle Magennis can kick on with their careers and join them up there too one day.

Of course it worked out well for us but no thanks to McGinn himself..walked at end of contract with no contact with anybody from club..totally disrespectful to the club who invested in him...he could not have cared less...Jack Ross was just a mercenary not giving a feck about club either...they are no longer at Saints so couldn't care less about them although i have enjoyed Ross failure this year immensely...

Edited by gstretchuk

25 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

The money we've had and are due to get make those memories fade. He was being advised by agents. It didn't impact on us long term so, CALM DOWN Shull.

And as for walking out at the end of a contract. We got paid a fee, and will continue to be paid, so that clearly isn't the case.

Edited by stlucifer

16 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The money we've had and are due to get make those memories fade. He was being advised by agents. It didn't impact on us long term so, CALM DOWN Shull.

And as for walking out at the end of a contract. We got paid a fee, and will continue to be paid, so that clearly isn't the case.

Only got a fee because he never went to America..as for Shull afraid that's no me bawbag!

5 hours ago, Kemp said:
6 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Spot on Kemp, isn't Shull such an ars*hole?

51 minutes ago, shull said:

I haven't even contributed to this Topic so what you all about Jaybee ? 

I'm not going to bite here, BUT as an observation ............. you do post some really interesting stuff and I for one 'like' them when appropriate, but equally you do post some ... shall we just say not as nice posts and the majority of posters on here are well aware of your alternate ID's.  I'll leave it there. 

59 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I'm not going to bite here, BUT as an observation ............. you do post some really interesting stuff and I for one 'like' them when appropriate, but equally you do post some ... shall we just say not as nice posts and the majority of posters on here are well aware of your alternate ID's.  I'll leave it there. 

What do you mean not bite ? 

You posted on here before I had even posted. And you posted abuse. 

For your information, gstretchuk is not me and I ain't an arsehole. 

Bite on that. 

Just now, shull said:

Bite on that. 

And do you know the majority of posters on here to be able to speak for them. 

You don't know me or stretch. 

So (hypothetically) he shouldn't have gone to America, instead taking a path in life that wasn't his first choice, just so that the club got some money.
Honestly, that's what you think people should do with their life choices?

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

So (hypothetically) he shouldn't have gone to America, instead taking a path in life that wasn't his first choice, just so that the club got some money.
Honestly, that's what you think people should do with their life choices?

You called out his imbecilic logic well here . . .  cheers :cheers

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

FIFY.

You have to laugh at someone liking their own post. 

I think you will find that myself and stretch will get the last laugh. 

16 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If you did I suspect it would be the very same laugh.

Instead of suspecting, PM Div and find out the truth. 

Mind and tell Uncle Colm and all the others who are obsessed. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, shull said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Bite on that. 

Matter of opinion my friend

41 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Im quite sure Shull is far from being your friend, Shull is a good guy..ur a dik...

This might carry more credibility if you could spell and punctuate .......... or is that not a requirement in driving a taxi?    😎