Club Should Demand VAR in Scottish Football

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren Tv, already there to provide.........................oh wait. :whistle

In all seriousness,  with the amount of exposure VAR would get surely some company would be interested in sponsoring. 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

VAR, correctly, stops England winning this meaningless 3rd place playoff game.

It slowed the game down, a whole minute. :lol:

Egoland fans don't like it :lol::lol:

ETA...there's some swearing in this so probably NSFW :rolleyes:

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It slowed the game down, a whole minute:lol:

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cost is too high for Scottish football thats the bottom line. 

THIS is the bottom line - if wrong decisions are corrected - injustices are far less likely to happen, and if it slows the game down for a few minutes, so what!

Given that certain clubs seem to get more decisions going their way - VAR would show this up...

Saying we cannot afford it is simply not good enough if we consider our sport to be professional . . Tennis, rugby, American football etc etc. Why not football in Scotland...? It would certainly mean our refereeing standard would need to improve OR it would be shown up . . .

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

THIS is the bottom line - if wrong decisions are corrected - injustices are far less likely to happen, and if it slows the game down for a few minutes, so what!

Given that certain clubs seem to get more decisions going their way - VAR would show this up...

Saying we cannot afford it is simply not good enough if we consider our sport to be professional . . Tennis, rugby, American football etc etc. Why not football in Scotland...? It would certainly mean our refereeing standard would need to improve OR it would be shown up . . .

Mate, for a country that still allows PLASTIC pitches in our top league- Forget VAR- Not going to happen ........................

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, for a country that still allows PLASTIC pitches in our top league- Forget VAR- Not going to happen ........................

We cannot forget VAR - The intransigence of the past needs to be swept aside. this is 2019 - quality cameras in sport have been available for over 2 decades... Agreeing to be mediocre and avoiding the best technology to help us improve is either stupidity or worse - open to bribery and corruption . . .

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

We cannot forget VAR - The intransigence of the past needs to be swept aside. this is 2019 - quality cameras in sport have been available for over 2 decades... Agreeing to be mediocre and avoiding the best technology to help us improve is either stupidity or worse - open to bribery and corruption . . .

Yes its 2019 and yet Livi and Accies play on black pellets

As for bribery and corruption, remember where the 2022 WC is being played

I dont want VAR at our Level, waste of resource, need it in kids and to help local communities

Just now, guinness said:

For offside any goalline fine. Tend to be black or white. For handball no. Swapping a referee guessing to a guy watchingbthe telly guessing. They are now even changing the handball rules to justify their guesses.most penalties I have seen for var I have disagreed with. 

Guessing?

VAR removes guessing.

Are you REALLY saying that a split second decision taken by a referee who could easily have a limited, or no, view is better than a detailed replay? 

I agree the current interpretation on handballs in the penalty area is unrealistic as when players are in the heat of a game cannot be expected to totally remove hands/arms from the line of the ball.

It's not VAR that is the issue, it's the rules. 

There is no doubt VAR will get and does get, the vast majority of decision correct and that could mean an enormous amount to teams. 

Just now, guinness said:

I repeat almost every penalty I have seen under var I have disagree with. The rules have been changed to suit var not the other way round.

You can disagree all you like, they are correct within the rules, jeezo. 

The older generation will always dislike change, take a breath and let it go. 

Yesterday's decision in the woman's game was harsh IMO, but a clear handball that the referee didn't/couldn't see.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You can disagree all you like, they are correct within the rules, jeezo. 

The older generation will always dislike change, take a breath and let it go. 

Yesterday's decision in the woman's game was harsh IMO, but a clear handball that the referee didn't/couldn't see.

Fair enough. I have stopped watching matches with var. Will save me a fortune as i can cancel BT and sky now.

On 6/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, faraway saint said:

It slowed the game down, a whole minute. :lol:

So you’re right that VAR is 100% the right thing to do and absolutely anyone that has a single reservation about it in any way, shape or form is wrong and not allowed that opinion? 

Unfortunately for you, that’s not how opinions work :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So you’re right that VAR is 100% the right thing to do and absolutely anyone that has a single reservation about it in any way, shape or form is wrong and not allowed that opinion? 

Run along, people are laughing at you all over the place. :byebye

#boringasfeck

PS Deflection.......................again, shows you ate unable to have an original thought using other peoples words.

Free flowing football.........................utter pish and shows you are clueless. Every game has stoppages, even more so when the referee makes a feck up. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Guessing?

VAR removes guessing.

Are you REALLY saying that a split second decision taken by a referee who could easily have a limited, or no, view is better than a detailed replay? 

I agree the current interpretation on handballs in the penalty area is unrealistic as when players are in the heat of a game cannot be expected to totally remove hands/arms from the line of the ball.

It's not VAR that is the issue, it's the rules. 

There is no doubt VAR will get and does get, the vast majority of decision correct and that could mean an enormous amount to teams. 

For those who watched Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix - having an external panel of judges is absolutely right.

Yes it still permits controversy - but in Grand Prix racing they have all the telemetry and could see Vettel deliberately steering over into Hamilton's path and effectively pushing him into the wall or having to brake suddenly and lose the extra momentum he had. So the remote ref's put Vettel on a 5 s penalty at he finished 2nd - RIGHTLY SO

Same in footie - stop having games won by teams cheating or incompetency or the lack of a better view from various angles . . .

One of the big benefits of VAR is that it will cut out diving - or at least catch out the cheats. Sick of seeing players throw themselves to the ground in the hope they’ve conned the ref. 

The Neymar dive against Costa Rica in last year’s World Cup is a perfect example. Even I thought it was a pen at first, but after seeing the replay it was an obvious attempt to con the ref, and rightly not given.

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

For those who watched Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix - having an external panel of judges is absolutely right.

Yes it still permits controversy - but in Grand Prix racing they have all the telemetry and could see Vettel deliberately steering over into Hamilton's path and effectively pushing him into the wall or having to brake suddenly and lose the extra momentum he had. So the remote ref's put Vettel on a 5 s penalty at he finished 2nd - RIGHTLY SO

Same in footie - stop having games won by teams cheating or incompetency or the lack of a better view from various angles . . .

There’s definitely an argument for it, I just don’t want that at the expense of a free flowing game.

Whether people like it or not, it also won’t fully remove controversy in decisions. The nature of football decisions is there will always be an element of subjectivity to them. If there wasn’t we could just get rid of all the phone ins and decision analysis.

It is with you on other threads though! Hypocrite!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12] [emoji14]

It's not a case of whether we need it. The challenge is in how they use. It has to be done in a way that suits the sport, or they'll lose people.

We've already got a faction who are still hostile to a goal being correctly disallowed by VAR.

I'm all for it, but I  saw an Aussie game where they twice stopped the match to hand out straight reds for tackles that had happened in the previous passage of play, both of which only the likes of Chris Sutton would have been calling for. That's going to turn people off.

Handball is a separate issue. It's not a VAR problem.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez