Club Should Demand VAR in Scottish Football

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In the spirit of Monty Python...
Yes it is! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I’ve been very clear that i’ll Defend my club against people saying there are criminals & liars in charge. I’ll also defend myself when people say I have lied.

Bar people having those ‘opinions’ (which are not based in fact) I have no issue with different opinions. 

Very simple 

I’ve been very clear that i’ll Defend my club against people saying there are criminals & liars in charge. I’ll also defend myself when people say I have lied.
Bar people having those ‘opinions’ (which are not based in fact) I have no issue with different opinions. 
Very simple 
Yes you do! [emoji12]

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Very simple 

🤣🤣🤣

Free flowing football. 😜

Guest TPAFKATS
For those who watched Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix - having an external panel of judges is absolutely right.
Yes it still permits controversy - but in Grand Prix racing they have all the telemetry and could see Vettel deliberately steering over into Hamilton's path and effectively pushing him into the wall or having to brake suddenly and lose the extra momentum he had. So the remote ref's put Vettel on a 5 s penalty at he finished 2nd - RIGHTLY SO
Same in footie - stop having games won by teams cheating or incompetency or the lack of a better view from various angles . . .
You think that was the right decision?
I saw that he appeared to have two options,
1 stay on grass and head into a wall
2 steer back to the track

Anyway, that's my post on formula 1 done for this decade.

10 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

THIS is the bottom line - if wrong decisions are corrected - injustices are far less likely to happen, and if it slows the game down for a few minutes, so what!

Given that certain clubs seem to get more decisions going their way - VAR would show this up...

Saying we cannot afford it is simply not good enough if we consider our sport to be professional . . Tennis, rugby, American football etc etc. Why not football in Scotland...? It would certainly mean our refereeing standard would need to improve OR it would be shown up . . .

I'm all for it. Can you see clubs putting the money in ? They should but they wont because the old firm have a advantage.  You of all persons should know that. 

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You think that was the right decision?
I saw that he appeared to have two options,
1 stay on grass and head into a wall
2 steer back to the track

Anyway, that's my post on formula 1 done for this decade.

Vettel was travelling much slower than Hamilton - he lost speed going across the grass. He was not out of control as he suggests. The "referees" who adjudicated have all the telemetry and can see from the data that he deliberately steered right when he has no need to. In fact in stead of keeping his car square to improve his traction, he is simply trying to block Hamilton from passing - yes they made the right call - Vettel was trying to cheat to win - on track he did, but with the rightful penalty he did not...

He is not the 1st to cheat to win in Formula one - Hamilton has done it, Senna, Prost etc. etc. Those incidents leave a bad taste - unjust outcomes in the same way when someone dives in the penalty area without any contact etc. So the fact that Vettel is moaning is simply to imply that he is not a cheat - but he is - he would do it again if he thought he would get away from it...

The rule is clear - you cannot re-join the track on the racing line hindering an opponent - and that is exactly what he did. therefore the penalty is given, in the same way hand ball on the goal line, by an outfield player shown up by VAR would rightfully be penalised

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm all for it. Can you see clubs putting the money in ? They should but they wont because the old firm have a advantage.  You of all persons should know that. 

Our governing body takes a share of the finances - they should set up a blanket contract to install VAR firstly in all Premiership grounds, then in all Championship grounds. Bulk order discounts and they should pay, not the clubs. All they need to do for a number of seasons is reduce the prize money for the top 2 and for once the heavily weighted advantage that two teams get, would be slightly reduced for a few years and for the benefit of fairer outcomes for all the top teams... 🆗

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yes you do! emoji12.png

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

🤣🤣🤣

Free flowing football. 😜

A preference for free flowing football over VAR decisions that on occasion have taken in The region of three minutes is why I don’t want VAR.

That’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it, I’m not saying people that want VAR based on other aspect have a wrong opinion, like you are. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A preference for free flowing football over VAR decisions that on occasion have taken in The region of three minutes is why I don’t want VAR.

That’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it, I’m not saying people that want VAR based on other aspect have a wrong opinion, like you are. 

And plenty have taken a lot less. 🤣

One trick pony, same pish time after time, unable to comprehend other issues...............................to summarise, an absolute walloper. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Not every VAR decision requires a stop in play. If a defender handballs it but the referee sees nothing wrong, play continues as long as the ball is in play. In the meantime the VAR refs can check the handball out, and only if they feel it’s definitely worth a look at, will the ref stop the game.

It’s also better having a close offside call decided by the guys who have the replays at hand than having a linesman who’s guessing what he seen. If it’s tight, let play go on, if there is a goal (or corner, something that benefits the attacking side) the VAR refs can give the proper confirmation of onside or offside. It’s much better than a linesman ruining a great attack because his split second, difficult decision was wrong.

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not every VAR decision requires a stop in play. If a defender handballs it but the referee sees nothing wrong, play continues as long as the ball is in play. In the meantime the VAR refs can check the handball out, and only if they feel it’s definitely worth a look at, will the ref stop the game.

It’s also better having a close offside call decided by the guys who have the replays at hand than having a linesman who’s guessing what he seen. If it’s tight, let play go on, if there is a goal (or corner, something that benefits the attacking side) the VAR refs can give the proper confirmation of onside or offside. It’s much better than a linesman ruining a great attack because his split second, difficult decision was wrong.

Good luck, better trying to talk to this......................

Image result for brick wall

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

And plenty have taken a lot less. 🤣

One trick pony, same pish time after time, unable to comprehend other issues...............................to summarise, an absolute walloper. 

I never said there wasn’t, does that mean people aren’t allowed to not want VAR & anyone that has a different opinion from you is wrong? 

Again you can have your opinion but I’m also allowed mine. You’re the one that seems unable to comprehend this simple premise. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I never said there wasn’t, does that mean people aren’t allowed to not want VAR & anyone that has a different opinion from you is wrong? 

Again you can have your opinion but I’m also allowed mine. You’re the one that seems unable to comprehend this simple premise. 

Dear oh dear..............I've pointed out the reasons for your "opinion" are flawed, although you have grasped at quite a few straws.

Nobody has said you are not allowed an opinion..........................

You, as you have in many other threads, focused on me not "allowing you an opinion" and repeated it till you are blue in the face,

You then, as your normal form, don't understand why people see you as a repetitive, singleminded, buffoon.

I feel soiled bothering as it's been proved before you are unable to comprehend any other point of view............................oh wait. 😜

33 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

No one is telling me anything I don’t already know about VAR, this is what faraway seems completely unable to grasp. To clarify: 

- I know not every call will mean play stops 

- I know a replay system will get more calls right than a human being 

- I know it will stop some goals that should have been chopped off 

after considering the pros and cons for VAR I still don’t think it will be (is) best for our game. That’s my opinion and I’m not sure why people feel the need to change it or it’s wrong. It’s based on the below FACTS and these views are subjective, there isn’t right/ wrong in a VAR debate:

- VAR will/ does slow down the game of football & I think that’s a fundamental flaw in having it 

- VAR will not completely remove controversy due to the subjectivity of the rules of football. 

- you make an interesting point on continuing play & it’s another stumbling block for me. Officials are told not to flag for close offside calls. VAR can take some time over calls for offside. How long do we play on for 1, 2, 3, 4 minutes? There have factually been instances where play has went on for a considerable length of time & been pulled back. It has ruined several games for me since the World Cup. 

- finally as much as officials are told not to flag unless clear cut, there have been games where they have incorrectly called players offside. Imagine a situation where a player through in goal is wrongly flagged offside & play stops. 10 minutes later the same player breaks through & scores but is pulled back because VAR picked up that wrong call. How’s that fair? 

In simple terms (because faraway seems to need that) I KNOW the benefits & arguments for VAR. I still think the cons outweigh the pros (significantly) 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dear oh dear..............I've pointed out the reasons for your "opinion" are flawed, although you have grasped at quite a few straws.

Nobody has said you are not allowed an opinion..........................

You, as you have in many other threads, focused on me not "allowing you an opinion" and repeated it till you are blue in the face,

You then, as your normal form, don't understand why people see you as a repetitive, singleminded, buffoon.

I feel soiled bothering as it's been proved before you are unable to comprehend any other point of view............................oh wait. 😜

So it seems you are saying anyone that has the opinion VAR won’t be good for our game is wrong & your opinion is the only one that’s right?

You can say my reasons are flawed but it’s yes or no points. factually does VAR slow down games & factually does it get every call correct? :rolleyes:

I have made an opinion on a subject then every response since has been you trying to change that opinion with information that isn’t new to anyone. I’m responding to your posts defending my right to a different opinion. Anyone reading this can see that. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So it seems you are saying anyone that has the opinion VAR won’t be good for our game is wrong & your opinion is the only one that’s right?

You can say my reasons are flawed but it’s yes or no points. factually does VAR slow down games & factually does it get every call correct? :rolleyes:

I have made an opinion on a subject then every response since has been you trying to change that opinion with information that isn’t new to anyone. I’m responding to your posts defending my right to a different opinion. Anyone reading this can see that. 

Yip, there you go with another of your catchphrases..........................I'm out, again. 😜

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yip, there you go with another of your catchphrases..........................I'm out, again. 😜

If you don’t have a comeback to getting called out on people being allowed different opinions to you just say so... or you can just stop responding. You don’t have to announce your intentions. :blink:

Only now entering this discussion so have not had the time to read all that is gone before. Having watched the Japan v Scotland ladies game, and seeing three penalty decisions go against Scotland without reference to VAR, I'm baffled. It has been reported that the Ethiopian ref decided not to refer to VAR. If so, what is the point of spending money on VAR if the ref (the very person who's judgement is called into question) doesn't use it? Could someone explain who decides when VAR should be used? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Aye VAR is great for our game doesn’t slow it down at all. :lol:

I knew a moron would pop along. 🤡

You fail to see that it was the correct decisions................................:lol:

You're as stupid at the diddy that tried to use the fact Dundee United lost to Ayr United MONTHS before we played them as if it was relevant. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I knew a moron would pop along. 🤡

You fail to see that it was the correct decisions................................:lol:

You're as stupid at the diddy that tried to use the fact Dundee United lost to Ayr United MONTHS before we played them as if it was relevant. :lol:

I don’t fail to see anything, you’re the one without the intelligence to grasp I fully know the benefits of VAR, I have literally told you that on several occasions. 

I just don’t want it at the expense of free flowing football, five minutes shows the validity in my point. Sucks for you :P