Club Should Demand VAR in Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t fail to see anything, you’re the one without the intelligence to grasp I fully know the benefits of VAR, I have literally told you that on several occasions. 

I just don’t want it at the expense of free flowing football, five minutes shows the validity in my point. Sucks for you :P

Have you watched any other games? 

I feel soiled, there's no point.

One trick pony,  uses an extreme case to try to prove you are not a diddy, it's not working.

You're becoming the new Dickson. :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have you watched any other games? 

I feel soiled, there's no point.

One trick pony,  uses an extreme case to try to prove you are not a diddy, it's not working.

You're becoming the new Dickson. :lol:

Aw petal I know you’re hurting & lashing out but I’m sorry, I’m still allowed a different opinion from you.

If by one trick pony you mean my valid point on VAR slowing down games still stands then you’d be correct. 

Are you saying this is the only game that’s been slowed down in the history of VAR? Hahahahahaha 

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I knew a moron would pop along. 🤡

You fail to see that it was the correct decisions................................:lol:

What was wrong was it took the best part of 6 minutes from the ref stopping play to the retake being scored and yet she only added on one minute of time after the restart.

VAR can work but certainly not in its current guise. 

You don't need a team of 6 folk stopping the match and taking 2-3 minutes to look and then pass to a ref who then takes another 2-3 minutes before the ball is even kicked again. 

That being said, they MUST change the rules of football. If they insist on the current version for this already broken system, the clock has to be paused from the second VAR intervenes until the ball is active again as it is a pause in play caused by an external factor. This shouldn't extend to non VAR stoppages like injuries, free kicks, bye kicks etc as the game is still active. VAR is the game being stopped by an outside influence and it's the only fair and just way to work a system that is broken and wasn't fit for purpose as soon as it was introduced. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

VAR can work but certainly not in its current guise. 

You don't need a team of 6 folk stopping the match and taking 2-3 minutes to look and then pass to a ref who then takes another 2-3 minutes before the ball is even kicked again

That being said, they MUST change the rules of football. If they insist on the current version for this already broken system, the clock has to be paused from the second VAR intervenes until the ball is active again as it is a pause in play caused by an external factor. This shouldn't extend to non VAR stoppages like injuries, free kicks, bye kicks etc as the game is still active. VAR is the game being stopped by an outside influence and it's the only fair and just way to work a system that is broken and wasn't fit for purpose as soon as it was introduced. 

How often does this 2-3 minutes happen? 

It's bizarre to use an extreme example to prove a point.

Tonight's game was extreme, and poor, but, as you mention, the time taken HAS to be taken into account. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How often does this 2-3 minutes happen? 

It's bizarre to use an extreme example to prove a point.

Tonight's game was extreme, and poor, but, as you mention, the time taken HAS to be taken into account. 

Going by last World Cup? Going by every time I've seen it? Any big VAR decision took several minutes on average - yes I agree tonight was extreme but then the rule has to be put in place as these things do happen... even a run of the mill VAR check causes significant enough delays in games (and sometimes multiple times per match) to justify that the system is not at all efficient, so the clock needs to be stopped.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Going by last World Cup? Going by every time I've seen it? Any big VAR decision took several minutes on average - yes I agree tonight was extreme but then the rule has to be put in place as these things do happen... even a run of the mill VAR check causes significant enough delays in games (and sometimes multiple times per match) to justify that the system is not at all efficient, so the clock needs to be stopped.

:lol:

Ok, I'm out, you're obviously suffering from Bazil syndrome.

See ya..............:byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Ok, I'm out, you're obviously suffering from Bazil syndrome.

See ya..............:byebye

I've no idea what that means but nice to see you're currently in the 'insufferable bellend' phase of your posting cycle. :lol: 

I'll be back in a few months once you've calmed back down to being semi-decent again.👋

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I've no idea what that means but nice to see you're currently in the 'insufferable bellend' phase of your posting cycle. :lol: 

I'll be back in a few months once you've calmed back down to being semi-decent again.👋

Let me try to explain, I know you have some difficulty seeing beyond the end of your nose.

You said quite clearly ....................

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Going by last World Cup? Going by every time I've seen it? Any big VAR decision took several minutes on average

Now EVERY time is, oh how I'm laughing, obviously utter shite.

This seasons Champions League and Europa Cup had hardly any issues, as far as I can recall, which isn't a fact as we all remember what we remember. 

I suggest you get to bed and swallow that Horlicks, you need some sleep.

I do apologise insulting you with the "Bazil" insinuation but, in this case, it's equally as short sighted. 

I also suggest you refrain from calling me a bellend, it's unnecessary and could end in tears. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let me try to explain, I know you have some difficulty seeing beyond the end of your nose.

You said quite clearly ....................

Now EVERY time is, oh how I'm laughing, obviously utter shite.

This seasons Champions League and Europa Cup had hardly any issues, as far as I can recall, which isn't a fact as we all remember what we remember. 

I suggest you get to bed and swallow that Horlicks, you need some sleep.

I do apologise insulting you with the "Bazil" insinuation but, in this case, it's equally as short sighted. 

I also suggest you refrain from calling me a bellend, it's unnecessary and could end in tears. 

I suggest you stop acting like one towards me for voicing an opinion you don't agree with then, dude. I don't know what Bazil syndrome is, I don't pay attention to or care for your squabble with him.

My experience of what I've seen of the VAR system is that it is not fit for purpose in it's current guise and slows the game up unnecessarily, so I posted that if it stays as is, the timer should be stopped in the interests of preventing situations like tonight.

I've had no real beef with you in the past, unlike many others but I'm not big on the condescending nonsense.

I do apologise for calling you a bellend, though. It was uneccessary and I really don't want you to cry. x

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I suggest you stop acting like one towards me for voicing an opinion you don't agree with then, dude. I don't know what Bazil syndrome is, I don't pay attention to or care for your squabble with him.

My experience of what I've seen of the VAR system is that it is not fit for purpose in it's current guise and slows the game up unnecessarily, so I posted that if it stays as is, the timer should be stopped in the interests of preventing situations like tonight.

I've had no real beef with you in the past, unlike many others but I'm not big on the condescending nonsense.

I do apologise for calling you a bellend, though. It was uneccessary and I really don't want you to cry. x

I suggest you refrain from using unwarranted abuse when someone disagrees with you, it's the first sign you're fcuked.

Again, I suggested you look at this years Champions League matches, and Europa Cup, where VAR was used and you'll find it disproves your blinkered opinion.

Also, using "many others" is a sign of weakness as it makes you look needy. 

I'm crying, with tears of laughter at your attempts to squirm out of your previously inaccurate posts. 

Thanks for the banter, I do enjoy it when you make it so easy. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I suggest you refrain from using unwarranted abuse when someone disagrees with you, it's the first sign you're fcuked.

Again, I suggested you look at this years Champions League matches, and Europa Cup, where VAR was used and you'll find it disproves your blinkered opinion.

Also, using "many others" is a sign of weakness as it makes you look needy. 

I'm crying, with tears of laughter at your attempts to squirm out of your previously inaccurate posts. 

Thanks for the banter, I do enjoy it when you make it so easy. :byebye

First time I've heard being observant described as 'needy' but hey ho. Love the amateur psychoanalysis piece though, Sigmund. :lol:

Aye, perhaps it is inaccurate to base it on what I've seen. I don't watch much European football, can only call on what I do see. At the international tournaments its not been great from what I've seen though and would benefit from an overhaul. 

After watching the Scotland game and see many criticise var.

Var is not the problem imo here it’s the rule makers and the officiating that’s the problem.

One simple thing with var I can’t understand why the referee has to wait for 2 to 4 numpties watching tv screens to decide if there maybe a mistake then the referee has to run away to the side to then make their own mind up 🤷🏻‍♂️just wastes so much time needlessly.

Why can’t the officials watching the tv just decide and tell the ref of their decision and that’s the final call as they are the ones with better views it’s just crazy to me.

But how can you trust them to make this work when they went with extra officials behind the goals they couldn’t even do that properly they have them on the same side of the goals as the linesman while there are no officials on the other side.

It’s clowns that run the biggest sport in the world and like most things where a lot of money is involved it’s corrupt as f**k.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

First time I've heard being observant described as 'needy' but hey ho. Love the amateur psychoanalysis piece though, Sigmund. :lol:

Aye, perhaps it is inaccurate to base it on what I've seen. I don't watch much European football, can only call on what I do see. At the international tournaments its not been great from what I've seen though and would benefit from an overhaul. 

Very honest of you, maybe you should watch more football. :rolleyes:

It's not 100%, neither are referees decisions, but it's more accurate and, as much as some blinkered people like to bleat about, it's doesn't have a major impact on the flow of a game.

Here's some facts from 2018 when things were still in the early stages.

I'd guess, and that's all it is, that the positives have been even more prevalent, even taking into the Scotland women's game, into account.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11295403/has-var-worked-statistics-behind-worldwide-use-show-positives

Again, the fact the CORRECT decisions are the major outcome override a small delay.

These human errors could cost, and have done, teams serious issues over the years. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, fair enough. I don't see a lot of it so maybe not in the best place to comment. 

It's just like when you try and critique St. Mirren. :lol:

Fist sentence.....................................thanks, very honest of you. :lol:

Second sentence..........................unlucky as I have seen plenty St Mirren games which, on it's own, doesn't make anyone an expert. :wink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Fist sentence.....................................thanks, very honest of you. :lol:

Second sentence..........................unluckily I have seen plenty St Mirren games which, on it's own, doesn't make me an expert. :wink:

Why unluckily. :rolleyes: 

Guest TPAFKATS
After watching the Scotland game and see many criticise var.

Var is not the problem imo here it’s the rule makers and the officiating that’s the problem.

One simple thing with var I can’t understand why the referee has to wait for 2 to 4 numpties watching tv screens to decide if there maybe a mistake then the referee has to run away to the side to then make their own mind up 🤷🏻‍♂️just wastes so much time needlessly.

Why can’t the officials watching the tv just decide and tell the ref of their decision and that’s the final call as they are the ones with better views it’s just crazy to me.

But how can you trust them to make this work when they went with extra officials behind the goals they couldn’t even do that properly they have them on the same side of the goals as the linesman while there are no officials on the other side.

It’s clowns that run the biggest sport in the world and like most things where a lot of money is involved it’s corrupt as f**k.
Yeah.
VAR is supposed to correct mistakes or things the ref has missed. If it takes a couple of minutes of viewing footage for the TV officials to tell the ref to look at it and then it takes 2-3 minutes for the ref to decide then, IMO, they aren't certain of a mistake.
I would even suggest that last night's penalty decision was a guess by the referee. She spent so long looking at the screen and talking with the officials that she couldn't have been sure and went on a probability. Decisions shouldn't be changed on that basis and I say this despite thinking it was a penalty in real time.

27 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah.
VAR is supposed to correct mistakes or things the ref has missed. If it takes a couple of minutes of viewing footage for the TV officials to tell the ref to look at it and then it takes 2-3 minutes for the ref to decide then, IMO, they aren't certain of a mistake.
I would even suggest that last night's penalty decision was a guess by the referee. She spent so long looking at the screen and talking with the officials that she couldn't have been sure and went on a probability. Decisions shouldn't be changed on that basis and I say this despite thinking it was a penalty in real time.

Last night, due to the referee being a tad incompetent, wasn't anywhere near the normal, certainly this fabled "2-3 minutes" is the extreme.

See the facts ...................https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11295403/has-var-worked-statistics-behind-worldwide-use-show-positives

I do agree the penalty decision was less than clear and, as such, shouldn't have been awarded.

I thought it was a penalty in real time, and the more I seen the replays I still thought it was a penalty but it was marginal, at best. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Last night, due to the referee being a tad incompetent, wasn't anywhere near the normal, certainly this fabled "2-3 minutes" is the extreme.
See the facts ...................https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11295403/has-var-worked-statistics-behind-worldwide-use-show-positives
I do agree the penalty decision was less than clear and, as such, shouldn't have been awarded.
I thought it was a penalty in real time, and the more I seen the replays I still thought it was a penalty but it was marginal, at best. 

It seems to take that long during fa Cup. Games I've seen on TV from Germany and Italy generally take less time but not always.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems to take that long during fa Cup. Games I've seen on TV from Germany and Italy generally take less time but not always.

VAR-only incidents 35 seconds
On-field incidents 68 seconds
All combined incidents 20 seconds
Average time lost per game 55 seconds

What is the story with time added on because of VAR? I'm assuming it should be added on, so with that said I reckon the actual PK incident happen in the 85th minute but the 2nd PK wasn't scored until the 93rd, plus any normal added on time.  I think she stopped the game 5 minutes approximately too early IMO,  only if it is added on of course.