Club Should Demand VAR in Scottish Football

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Do you understand It’s just a different opinion and I'm not questioning yours? It’s almost like you’re going out your way to pick me out because it differs from you. 

Why do I have to share your opinion on this exactly? :unsure:

You trot out cliches like "the Beautiful Game"...................:lol: and "free flowing football" as if they mean anything. :lol:

You state VAR breaks up the play, in extreme cases it has but so has many other controversial decisions made by referees.

Just watching the Europa Cup final, possible penalty, time taken by VAR, feck all.

You ignore the importance of decisions, mostly by human error, despite the conspiracy theorists, that could cost teams and supporters a major trophy.

Anyhow, there's been many changes to "The Beautiful Game", mostly for the good. :byebye

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Do you understand It’s just a different opinion and I'm not questioning yours? It’s almost like you’re going out your way to pick me out because it differs from you. 

Why do I have to share your opinion on this exactly? :unsure:

Why? Because FAS is right. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. (I include myself in this). I must be wrong too.

Even after Sunday I don't want VAR. I do want referees to be punished, financially if necessary, when they are so poor as to look biased. Demoted or thrown out of the game if persistently so. And by a truly independent committee. 

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why? Because FAS is right. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. (I include myself in this). I must be wrong too.

Even after Sunday I don't want VAR. I do want referees to be punished, financially if necessary, when they are so poor as to look biased. Demoted or thrown out of the game if persistently so. And by a truly independent committee. 

Do you think hitting referees with some financial punishment, or whatever other punishment you see as fitting,  referees would have any effect on their performance?

Not an easy solution, IMO, and has been a problem since football has been in existence.

It's very subjective if the standard is better or worse than, well, whenever.

There's more coverage now so every game, and referee and mistake can be seen and rerun time after time. 

Technology, like the recent goal line gizmo, can help and has worked in other sports. 

Who'd be a referee? :lol:

PS Almost half time in the Europa Cup final, VAR has not slowed the game down one second.  :wink:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you think hitting referees with some financial punishment, or whatever other punishment you see as fitting,  referees would have any effect on their performance?

Not an easy solution, IMO, and has been a problem since football has been in existence.

There's more coverage now so every game, and referee and mistake can be seen and rerun time after time. 

Technology, like the recent goal line gizmo, can help and has worked in other sports. 

PS Almost half time in the Europa Cup final, VAR has not slowed the game down one second.  :wink:

Nothing could slow this pish down any more.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not interested in how long it takes.

I want the worst of the worst taken out of the game without sanitising it too much. That's the cheating part I want removed. And we all can see it goes on.

Players are retrospectively punished for simulation or aggressive actions. I'm asking for the same to scrutiny to fall on refs.

I don't mind the subjective differences of the game. It adds to the experience. In fact that's the bit I think VAR, if it's introduced, would eventually take away, leaving every decision in the hands of a person who could look at it from many different angles. The immediacy and, yes, possibility of honest mistake by the man in the middle is a plus for the game. That has to be embraced. Yes. There will be times where, being partisan, we will blame the ref for favouring others. That's why independent reviewing is vital. 

Whether it be beautiful, ugly or mundane, it allows real talking points in the aftermath.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, you said the Champions League was pish as well. :lol:

It's quite typical when two evenly matched teams get to a final.

To trot out my favourite cliche........................needs a goal. 

2 champion's league finals in one week?

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Perhaps we could get the VAR team to review the first half and explain why some of these overpaid prima Donna clowns get paid so much . A £70 million keeper who can’t catch a f**king ball .... really ?!

Aye, he's a clown.

Gordon Banks will be turning in his grave....................wonder what he'd be worth. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

2 champion's league finals in one week?

You've misunderstood.

Mr Guinnes is very quick to jump to a conclusion on any game/tournament.

I was pointing out he's said similar, in general terms, about the Champions League.

Give me some credit I didn't think there was 2 Champions League finals, ya trumpet. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You've misunderstood.

Mr Guinnes is very quick to jump to a conclusion on any game/tournament.

I was pointing out he's said similar, in general terms, about the Champions League.

Give me some credit I didn't think there was 2 Champions League finals, ya trumpet. 

I gave you credit.

I credited you with typing what you meant. Silly me.

And I didn't even resort to abuse.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So you’re opinion is right in VAR and everyone else that takes the points but still doesn’t want it is wrong? And I’m the one that’s one track minded :lol:

VAR won’t slow down all games, no one is claiming it will, still allowed to take your points and have a different opinion I’m afraid. 

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You trot out cliches like "the Beautiful Game"...................:lol: and "free flowing football" as if they mean anything. :lol:

You state VAR breaks up the play, in extreme cases it has but so has many other controversial decisions made by referees.

Just watching the Europa Cup final, possible penalty, time taken by VAR, feck all.

You ignore the importance of decisions, mostly by human error, despite the conspiracy theorists, that could cost teams and supporters a major trophy.

Anyhow, there's been many changes to "The Beautiful Game", mostly for the good. :byebye

Still just a different opinion from yours I’m afraid. I take your points, I acknowledge them but I won’t bow down even in your desperate state for everyone to agree with you. I know it hurts :P

occasions where it moves controversy 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1133694/Arsenal-penalty-Chelsea-Europa-League-final-VAR-Alexandre-Lacazette-fans-reaction/amp

Edited by bazil85