Robbie Nielson

Yep, arrogant little Sh*te

If they don't win the Championship next season I'd be surprised though. Thye will have the biggest budget and be less in disarray than any rival I suspect.

Dee could be a challenger, but they will face all the usual difficulties going down. ICT losing their good players etc.

Still wouldn't it be fab if they made the play-offs again, only to fall once more?

From when RN took over Utd. matched Ross County's points total, I think they should be favourites next season.

As for his comments throughout the play-offs, re: the pressure of playing in front of your hoke crowd he was just trying to take the pressure off his players and he called it right about it coming down to who had the biggest cojones - he just didn't realise it was Vaclav Hladky! 

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

From when RN took over Utd. matched Ross County's points total, I think they should be favourites next season.

As for his comments throughout the play-offs, re: the pressure of playing in front of your hoke crowd he was just trying to take the pressure off his players and he called it right about it coming down to who had the biggest cojones - he just didn't realise it was Vaclav Hladky! 

Boo, not joining in with the baying crowd and talking some sense. 😉

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Things Robbie Nielson says you need to be a Premier League team:

Money

Cojones

Things Dundee United have:

Money

Get it right up ye ya shite talking tangerine fud

ERmmmmmmmmmmmm, eh I wonder?Do Dundee have a ladies team?  🤣

Edited by jaybee
Do not Fo

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
24 minutes ago, jaybee said:

ERmmmmmmmmmmmm, eh I wonder?Do Dundee have a ladies team?  🤣

Don't think so, but a lot of their fans were greetin a fair bit yesterday - men can greet too you know . . .😎

I know, I was in tears myself, although it seems that from what I heard the vast majority of Dundee United fans on the whole behaved with dignity and they must have been devastated, exactly as we might well have been. 

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I know, I was in tears myself, although it seems that from what I heard the vast majority of Dundee United fans on the whole behaved with dignity and they must have been devastated, exactly as we might well have been. 

Yes, it is fair to think what it would have been like if the shoe had been on the other foot.

I think they will be up as Champions next season and whether it is Livi, Hamilton or Ross County (hope it is one of the other two or both) the league will be better.

They gave us two tough games - very physical, but could play a wee bit too...

13 minutes ago, pod said:

Think they also had an extra man on the park. :huh:

I am not denying this . . . but compare them to the play-off games we had - other than Motherwell, they gave us a harder two games than the other 4 teams.

Edited by Sweeper07

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nice edit.

Even the United support acknowledged the referee done them some massive favours.

No conspiracy, just poor quality decision making IMO. 

I'd love to know why Beaton and the linesman were both in Hladky's face before and after every penalty but didn't seem to be on the United keeper's case. It looked like Hladky was standing behind the line rather than in front of it before every penalty was hit. After the 3rd United penalty Beaton and Hladky were almost eyeball to eyeball.

Robbie Neilson, fair play, first thing he said was congratulations to St Mirren. No axe to grind with him at all.  All he tried to do was seek out any advantage possible, be professional and use any gamesmanship possible. That's the nature of these things , it often comes from attempting to cover weaknesses.  Dundee Utd will probably be a better outfit next season , tbh they were poor and we deservedly saw this play off hell  through, thankfully.

As for Robbie Neulson, I think he knew after the first leg his team were clearly not a better unit than St Mirren despite the usual suspects and their school boy punditry. Second rate psychology,it's all part of the play off show. OK employed tactics too, they were more pragmatic and not so headline grabbing, OK believed in his players. 

Fwiw Im glad going forward we have OK and not Robbie Neilson as Saints manager.. 

Nelson is a wee bit above himself but I don't really care Oran has class way above Nelson. Oran is a far better manager to pull off the January window with a fraction of what Dundee United spent shows we have the better manager.

To punch the air as Nelson did after extra time surprised me he had the game won he thought. Anyone know how what end penalties should be taken ? That was Mr Nelson's last excuse of the play off where the shoot out took place was not good for his players. 

Dundee United tried every trick in the book to make it better for them. No Shed for us unlike last season , no drum , no flags. 

Nelson was right with his comment  Dundee United have woken up but not at the expense of the club we all love.

Had a great night in Rothesay when I got back so many well wishers telling me they were glad we are staying up and sending over drinks. Pub phoned me a taxi when it was time to go home. The driver Bob is a big Morton fan he came into the pub to get me and gave me a big hug well done he said. Even had my scarf out the window of the car going through Greenock, well you have to.

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If they don't win the Championship next season I'd be surprised though. Thye will have the biggest budget and be less in disarray than any rival I suspect.

Dee could be a challenger, but they will face all the usual difficulties going down. ICT losing their good players etc.

Still wouldn't it be fab if they made the play-offs again, only to fall once more?

That's not a very Christian attitude. 🤣

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:
On 5/27/2019 at 11:21 AM, Sweeper07 said:

That's not a very Christian attitude. 🤣

No it's certainly not; but it's honest and I would imagine pretty representative of how most Buddies feel.  If you want religion go to church.