Summer Signing Targets

Flareybob

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No thanks and yes please.

Djorkaeff seems a shot in the dark, at best.

McAllister has shown what he can do and could, IMO, get better  this season. 

I've not seen enough about Djorkaeff to make a judgement.

Most folk coming in from abroad are a stab in the dark but if he's shown up well enough after being with the squad for a week to merit a contract being offered more or less as soon as we're back in Scotland, then fair enough.

I'm happier taking a stab in the dark on Djorkaeff than someone like Longridge who has shown very little whenever playing against us, even at a level lower than we are playing at now.

43 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've not seen enough about Djorkaeff to make a judgement.

Most folk coming in from abroad are a stab in the dark but if he's shown up well enough after being with the squad for a week to merit a contract being offered more or less as soon as we're back in Scotland, then fair enough.

I'm happier taking a stab in the dark on Djorkaeff than someone like Longridge who has shown very little whenever playing against us, even at a level lower than we are playing at now.

Suppose it depends on their experience and at what level but not necessarily true.

I would suggest that Djorkaeff is an unknown in both these areas so is unlikely to sell many season tickets. 

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Suppose it depends on their experience and at what level but not necessarily true.

I would suggest that Djorkaeff is an unknown in both these areas so is unlikely to sell many season tickets. 

I mean look at most of our foreign players, really. The only two I can think of in last 15-20 years where we had any sort of previous knowledge were Mo Camara and two-Djembas. And both of them turned out just smashing. Maybe Hasselbaink as well but at least he came from another Scottish side. 

All others coming from abroad were pretty much an unknown quantity. Djorkaeff is not that different to any of them to be fair.... He could be a Tesselaar, he could be a Tonet. 

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean look at most of our foreign players, really. The only two I can think of in last 15-20 years where we had any sort of previous knowledge were Mo Camara and two-Djembas. And both of them turned out just smashing. Maybe Hasselbaink as well but at least he came from another Scottish side. 

All others coming from abroad were pretty much an unknown quantity. Djorkaeff is not that different to any of them to be fair.... He could be a Tesselaar, he could be a Tonet. 

Being foreign isn't the most crucial issue here, it's his lack of anything really.

Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Being foreign isn't the most crucial issue here, it's his lack of anything really.

Time will tell.

True. Again though, we've benefitted from guys with no real first team experience in the past and we've also suffered from it. 

I'd be more concerned if we were just offering him a deal outright though. At least we've given him a crack of the whip and clearly he's done something right in that time. 

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You've got a lot to say about a player you haven't seen.

So have other people on here, why you not asking them the same question? 

It seems when your not agreeing with everything the club decide it's negative? 

Don't you have any ability to think.................................sorry, silly me, it's football, not blow football, your expertise. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'd prefer to trust our manager on this one rather than a TV addict from Arbroath.

Jim has seen this guy at close range for a week.

Wow, a full week..........................:lol:

Quite amusing from the guy who said women's football could easily be the same as mens and called the Dutch football team the Netherlands when most football supporters calls them Holland.

Ridicule seems to follow you around like your shadow. 

Have you ever attended ANY game of football?  :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Thank you. Best post of the close season.