8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

And out budget this season goes up significantly too . . .

I wouldn't be certain about that. We effectively spent 2 budgets last season by getting the whole new team to stay up.

It was a gamble which paid off but we will be hoping to recoup some of that this year. We'll probably have as much to spend as we spent last summer.

24 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I wouldn't be certain about that. We effectively spent 2 budgets last season by getting the whole new team to stay up.

It was a gamble which paid off but we will be hoping to recoup some of that this year. We'll probably have as much to spend as we spent last summer.

and that's hee haw. :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Yeah, where did you come up with that idea?

We also had extra revenue that came in too - bigger crowds than budgeted for, sold Smith, Ross Stewart and Samson for a fee as well as money in for JR and James Fowler and Brian Rice; Guys like Heaton and Eckersley went out on loan (saving us money in wages). To a lesser extent Jamieson and Breadner went out on loan and saved some money for us too...

Added in the money from our League position this year is more than £500,000 more than we got from winning the Championship last year...

We will have a bigger budget this year - and that is even before any money from John McGinn contract deal or if we sell Hladky or A N other...

Edited by Sweeper07

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah, where did you come up with that idea?

We also had extra revenue that came in too - bigger crowds than budgeted for, sold Smith, Ross Stewart and Samson for a fee as well as money in for JR and James Fowler and Brian Rice; Guys like Heaton and Eckersley went out on loan (saving us money in wages). To a lesser extent Jamieson and Breadner went out on loan and saved some money for us too...

Added in the money from our League position this year is more than £500,000 more than we got from winning the Championship last year...

We will have a bigger budget this year - and that is even before any money from John McGinn contract deal or if we sell Hladky or A N other...

I don't see it tbh. We wouldn't have budgeted at the start of the season for signing a whole new team in January. The fact we did will eat into this season's money.

In terms of bigger attendances, that needs to be looked at over a whole season. I doint think an average of 5.5k will be far away from what we expect at the beginning. So it won't be seen as a bonus.

We will have the same as we did last summer but hopefully we can spend it far better this year. It can't be any worse!

Edited by LargsBud

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

I don't see it tbh. 1. We wouldn't have budgeted at the start of the season for signing a whole new team in January. The fact we did will eat into this season's money.

2. In terms of bigger attendances, that needs to be looked at over a whole season. I doint think an average of 5.5k will be far away from what we expect at the beginning. So it won't be seen as a bonus.

3. We will have the same as we did last summer but hopefully we can spend it far better this year. It can't be any worse!

1. Are you confusing budget with how we spent our finance over the season here? We did not budget to sign a whole new team - we simply offloaded one team of players and utilised the budgeted wages which were freed up to pay the new lads. And yes there were some pay-offs but also some extra income as I highlighted previously... budgets can be fixed or flexible as circumstances change...

2. Your thoughts are therefore not based on actual facts - the income from attendance was a fair bit higher than we expected - and this helped us, as did all the other stuff I highlighted... so how can extra income not be a bonus?>?

3. Do you not get that we receive more money this season - We got £1, 250, 000 from finishing 11th plus play-off money - last season we got around £500,000 for winning the Championship - so we WONT have the same as last year by some margin . . . Considering how badly we spent some of it under Stubbs, the transformation to the way we spent it under Oran was phenomenal. So overall it could be worse, there are always players who can end up injured for most or all of the season etc. just Like Tansey this year...

Given that the guys we had by the end of the year were scoring points like a 6th best team in the league, plus whoever we bring in, it could mean we finish higher this year and pick up more than the budgeted prize money next season too . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When are the clubs yearly accounts out. Would be interesting to see. For sure we spent more than budget for the year given in and out's in January. It paid off so we have to be happy. 

Last years reports were filed in February this year, and the finance director signed them off in October (12th) So would expect something similar this year too . . .

I think you too are presuming we set off with a fixed budget and cannot budge from this . . . In last years reports the Chairman speaks about how they took the decision to utilise the funds generated from the Lewis Morgan transfer to further strengthen the squad. So we did a similar thing with the income from Smith, Samson, Stewart, JR, JF & Rice income plus all other additional revenue that we generated but never budgeted for... Budgets tend to be conservative too - not knowing what revenue we will generate in cup competitions or where we will finish in the League. 

The gamble in the 2017/18 season payed-off and there is no doubt it did this past season too...

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just watched the programme. The lad comes out of that with a lot of credit. Fair play to him.

What were the words to the wee song the fans had for him? Think it was to the tune of This Time for Africa.

Top man who gave his all in his swan song of his career. And to think some people are against our players taking the knee. 

img.jpeg

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Top man who gave his all in his swan song of his career. And to think some people are against our players taking the knee. 

img.jpeg

Only one as far as I know, and he's a lunatic so he doesn't really count. 

PS I'm not trying to change history, he was a slow as a week in jail. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

PS I'm not trying to change history, he was a slow as a week in jail. :rolleyes:

He was slow FS, but he had a massive steadying influence every time he played and in fairness always looked a class above the rest.

There was never too much danger of him scoring too many goals though, as he rarely made it across the half way line. 🤣

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He was slow FS, but he had a massive steadying influence every time he played and in fairness always looked a class above the rest.

There was never too much danger of him scoring too many goals though, as he rarely made it across the half way line. 🤣

There was one game he got a massive cheer when he went up for a corner, then took an age to get back.

What he lacked in pace he made up for in reading of the game. Class act.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Was slow in the legs but that was outweighed by his knowledge of the position that he played.. 

31 minutes ago, munoz said:

Was slow in the legs but that was outweighed by his knowledge of the position that he played.. 

He was decent, but hardly Franz Beckenbaur. 

Oh, his paunch showed he was hardly the best at looking after himself.............................fatty seemingly. 

Edited by faraway saint

13 hours ago, munoz said:

img.jpeg

Nobody is taking the knee for our Anton. He is a more than decent human being. 

He is not a Marxist, Racist, Terrorist or murdering scumbag so no Kneebending for him.

FB_IMG_1606411761815.jpg.60bec91e96fb8ff3428a7b3ec235a070.jpg