vote Vaclav for best signing of the season...

Me, Cairters, Main stand Saints and other Buddies are already helping make this happen.

It's on Twitter, so I imagine those scared of technology - such as Twitter and ballpoint pens, Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp etc - wullnae be keen on testing the new boundaries of the modern world.

But for the good Buddies that urnae scairt...

https://twitter.com/terracepodcast/status/1133702971395575808

Go on, Online Buds - do your thing!  :)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Me, Cairters, Main stand Saints and other Buddies are already helping make this happen.

It's on Twitter, so I imagine those scared of technology - such as Twitter and ballpoint pens, Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp etc - wullnae be keen on testing the new boundaries of the modern world.

What a wonderful idea that was ....................          NOT.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Or those who just don't see the point of twatter.

I expected there would be troglodytes bemused by the idea of voting in an ineffectual online poll that may give ephemeral recognition to one of our own, to praise him in even the humblest manner.

We used to be very good at dis sort of ting (winning the interweb), in the olden days when this forum was just the humble guestbook - decades ago, now...

There is NO point to Twatter.

There is no point to  football... nor St Mirren, civil society, black-puddings, wallpaper, pied-wagtails,  jobbies or sorcerer's apprentices .

We should all curl up and die.

Or you could dawdle through your digital countdown to death, simply waiting for that inevitable moment when you cease taking breath...

...by...  just... voting for OUR no bad goalie, as being the best transfer of this season.

It's a wonderful life!  :thumbsup

7 hours ago, antrin said:

I expected there would be troglodytes bemused by the idea of voting in an ineffectual online poll that may give ephemeral recognition to one of our own, to praise him in even the humblest manner.

We used to be very good at dis sort of ting (winning the interweb), in the olden days when this forum was just the humble guestbook - decades ago, now...

There is NO point to Twatter.

There is no point to  football... nor St Mirren, civil society, black-puddings, wallpaper, pied-wagtails,  jobbies or sorcerer's apprentices .

We should all curl up and die.

Or you could dawdle through your digital countdown to death, simply waiting for that inevitable moment when you cease taking breath...

...by...  just... voting for OUR no bad goalie, as being the best transfer of this season.

It's a wonderful life!  :thumbsup

So, in summary, if you don't embrace Twitter we should alternatively curl up and die.

I would rather glaze my balls in a delicious beefy sauce and run through a dog park naked than use Twatter.

Twatter is for narcissists who want people to "follow them".....cringe.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Is he the best signing of the season though?

Cole Kpekewa  takes some beating, takes come beating indeed

This should be our message.

I'd rather we try and keep the existence of Vaclav quiet for another 6 months at least.

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Will we keep him ? Fitzy in the press saying teams from Russia already in contact with the club. If he goes it won't be cheap will take six figures. Would like him to sign a longer deal. 

He will be offered a longer deal . . .but...

Done

30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Even he played more games than Jeff King and did you forget Heaton . . .

No, neither Jeff King nor Heaton (I forgot his first name) could lace big Coles boots.  Although both Jeff and thingmie Heaton were superb and each contributed so very much as was Hayden Coulson, big Nicolai Brock-Madsen, Matty Willock and that's it I cannae mind any more.   

We should re-vote for player of the year, Cole Kpekewa should have walked it

Yes special thanks to Cole Kpekewa, thingmie Heaton, Hayden Coulson, Nicolai Brock-Madsen and Matty Willock for keeping us in the premier league, special thanks Cole Kpekewa, thingmie Heaton, Hayden Coulson, Nicolai Brock-Madsen and Matty Willock indeed.

A wee bit off topic, but I noticed (on Twitter cos I am not scared of going in there....)  that Adam Eckersley has signed for Airdire...

Twitter is good for fun and news, but please don't let that seduce the Luddites in its direction.  :)

58 minutes ago, antrin said:

A wee bit off topic, but I noticed (on Twitter cos I am not scared of going in there....)  that Adam Eckersley has signed for Airdire...

Twitter is good for fun and news, but please don't let that seduce the Luddites in its direction.  :)

His contract with us is up on the 1st of June

7 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We could use the opportunity to try and interest other clubs in signing Josh Heaton... unless they do due dilligence and discover he didn't start a league game!

I strongly suspect Heaton won't be back in Paisley to train or play with us again . . . 

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I strongly suspect Heaton won't be back in Paisley to train or play with us again . . . 

Aye, but who would take him? He cannot even get a game for Kidderminster. Stubbs sure knows a great player when he sees one and we are stuck with Heaton for another two years pissing money down the drain.

Just now, Sonny said:

Aye, but who would take him? He cannot even get a game for Kidderminster. Stubbs sure knows a great player when he sees one and we are stuck with Heaton for another two years pissing money down the drain.

I think neither of us knows his contractual terms - but a pay-off is likely - it won't be massive though I suspect - and Yes Stubbs was a total clown . . .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think neither of us knows his contractual terms - but a pay-off is likely - it won't be massive though I suspect - and Yes Stubbs was a total clown . . .

I do not know the exact terms but it was a 3 year deal and I believe one of the highest paid players. He won't walk if he still has two years on his contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44570834

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I do not know the exact terms but it was a 3 year deal and I believe one of the highest paid players. He won't walk if he still has two years on his contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44570834

Yes but didn't King have a 2 year contract too and that was terminated?

The worst thing about that article is these lines :-

Stubbs says the Buddies beat off competition from English Premier League and Championship clubs to sign the highly-rated Heaton.

"I'm absolutely delighted," he said. "It's a sign of intent and I'd like to thank the board for putting their trust in me.

"You only have to look at the clubs who were wanting to get Josh, and to have got him is quite a coup."

Anybody trusting Stubbs ever again?????   Let's contact these clubs who were after him - via knock down deals R us

Edited by Sweeper07

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

This should be our message.

I'd rather we try and keep the existence of Vaclav quiet for another 6 months at least.

Good point, however no point voting Kpekawa. We should be voting...

55 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We could use the opportunity to try and interest other clubs in signing Josh Heaton... unless they do due dilligence and discover he didn't start a league game!

Heaton. He’s still on our books. Find out what Dinamo Bucharest want for Popescu, then demand double that for Heaton while claiming he won all of the POTY awards.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Good point, however no point voting Kpekawa. We should be voting...

Heaton. He’s still on our books. Find out what Dinamo Bucharest want for Popescu, then demand double that for Heaton while claiming he won all of the POTY awards.

We don't need money for Heaton - just freedom from him - goodbye - he is the weakest link . . .