Assistant Manager For Oran

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He must have lived outside London when playing for Sunderland.  My point being it could be a open door into football management. Anton and his family could move up in a carrer move. It won't be hard to rent out his London home I would think. 

Maybe but if you read his tweets he has a large extended family in London that he is obviously very close to and missed a great deal over the last year. I am sure he would get offers from other clubs closer to home if he wants to get into management/coaching. And I doubt St Mirren would be offering enough for the upheaval in his private life. But who knows.

I think Massimo Donatti would be a contender. Is fit enough to take coaching sessions! Local, with a strong playing credentials for experience, plus has many connections including the owner of Leeds Utd. (For tapping)

I know he didn’t make many appearances during his time recently but is fully qualified and has attended a lot of our games this year.

Worth a look at

5 hours ago, bigles said:

I think Massimo Donatti would be a contender. Is fit enough to take coaching sessions! Local, with a strong playing credentials for experience, plus has many connections including the owner of Leeds Utd. (For tapping)

I know he didn’t make many appearances during his time recently but is fully qualified and has attended a lot of our games this year.

Worth a look at

He was at the Hamilton game with his agent. 

On 6/1/2019 at 9:46 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He must have lived outside London when playing for Sunderland.  My point being it could be a open door into football management. Anton and his family could move up in a carrer move. It won't be hard to rent out his London home I would think. 

Totally agree . Could also work out well long term for his potential career in football management . 

Guest TPAFKATS
He was at the Hamilton game with his agent. 

He's been at loads of our home games this season. Mibees he just likes free coffee and cake [emoji3]

He might do a job, I'd prefer a more experienced assistant though.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

He's been at loads of our home games this season. Mibees he just likes free coffee and cake emoji3.png

He might do a job, I'd prefer a more experienced assistant though.

Two guy's I was with knew the agent Italian restaurant owner never thought of asking at the time. The whole team was at his restaurant last week for a meal. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Two guy's I was with knew the agent Italian restaurant owner never thought of asking at the time. The whole team was at his restaurant last week for a meal. 

Yeah that’s correct. Tony uses the restaurant regularly and I know the entire team went there on the eve of both our play offs.

I understand comments preferring someone more experienced for that role and I can find reason with that because Oran whilst experienced for a long time in football management is relatively new at our level. On the flip side everyone has to start somewhere (we’d never had taken Fergie for example). Sometimes it can be down to the right timing for availability. 

Donati  is eager to get started and having recently stopped playing is agile to take training. Looking at his previous teams he has played for Milan, Sampdoria, Bari x2, Celtic, Hamilton and us.  He is connected to the Italian owner of an English Championship side. He WILL go into management and wants a full manager role, so think he might be tempted to our assistant role because it is local and he has an obvious interest with us. I believe he is well regarded by the players. I also would like to see Anton in this role. I agree with other comments made as to why this might not happen. Two good candidates to try before going for an unknown. Other thought is perhaps Oran has his own preference from his homeland..

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

The manager should be allowed to pick his own team. I shouldn't think he'll be looking through the list of suggestions on here.

Spoiler alert - aye but we have fun thinking we can suss it out before it is public knowledge...

And we get fun when folk like LPM asserts Goodwin is the next Dee manager and it turns out wrong as usual . . .  😁

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Surely we can just employ someone on the forum? Loads of people here who think they know better than Oran...

And no matter who is picked they will fall short of the expectations of some on this same forum . . .

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The manager should be allowed to pick his own team. I shouldn't think he'll be looking through the list of suggestions on here.

Spoiler alert - aye but we have fun thinking we can suss it out before it is public knowledge...

And we get fun when folk like LPM asserts Goodwin is the next Dee manager and it turns out wrong as usual . . .  😁

This is true, but for a while it was looking quite likely, happy he didn't take it though, it could well be ahospitall pass methinks

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Surely we can just employ someone on the forum? Loads of people here who think they know better than Oran...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, LPM, Shull, Gstretchuk, Wendy, Ged 62, Shetland, Oh not to forget Elvis, haven't heard him for a day or two, did the aliens get him?

7 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Jim Goodwin should be brought in if possible. Perfect foil for OK

Not sure why you come to that conclusion. From the outside they appear chalk and cheese. Only they would know, when/if they meet whether there would be chemistry. There would be no point in foisting yet another person on the manager.